Are you Still Using Wen Post Scandal?

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Hi - I'm just curious about this.

I've been using and loving Wen -- although incorrectly at first...didn't use enough...trying to save money....but now I only wash my curly hair once a week....and use the Remist.....and have been using it for YEARS.

I think the scandal was a handful of peeps that had a reaction to a botanical ingredient in the formula they used....which is not really common among botanicals...but not uncommon for sensitive peeps with an allergy to a specific one.

My DH on the other hand, swears his hair is falling out and has gone back to his own hair care...fine cuz I was supplying him!!

I'm a Seasonal Snob, use the oils and 613...dont' do the Masks enough....but my hair has gone from the short style in the pic when I was around 50 or 51, maybe 52.....and I'm now 56...and it's down the middle of my back, the longest it's been since I was 17. I don't blow dry any more and embrace my curls....which actually go more into waves into the Winter with the colder weather...with it being longer...which I love...but in the Summer it can get pretty tight....which I tend to remind myself to think of my passed on Father whom I loved dearly who left me with the curls!! I try to embrace them gracefully with age and rarely straighten it or let heat touch my hair and my beautician says my hair is beautiful and in great shape.

So what do you think....continue Wen? It's the only thing that makes my hair look decent. I used Aveda last week and had to put pomade in it to make it look right....then I ended up putting too much in cuz I'm not used to it.....and I looked sort of like a rat!! Ha...Ha

So what do you think....continue Wen? It's the only thing that makes my hair look decent. I used Aveda last week and had to put pomade in it to make it look right....then I ended up putting too much in cuz I'm not used to it.....and I looked sort of like a rat!! Ha...Ha

I have curly hair as well, and Wen did not work for me. I felt like I was losing hair as well, and it just left my hair feeling slimy and heavy. BUT, if Wen works for you, why not continue using it? The company has been sued, but nothing has been "proven" faulty with the product, at least not at this point. Some people--like me and perhaps your husband--have had adverse reactions to it, but our bodies all handle things differently. Peanut butter isn't an inherently faulty product, but it could make somebody with a peanut allergy extremely ill. I view the Wen controversy in the same light. My two cents.

Yes, I have curly hair too and have used WEN for years. My hairdresser also says my hair is in fantastic shape. I feel badly for those who lost some hair. There are lots of other options for shampoo available though for them.

Beth

I have curly hair and tried using it years ago. I didn't use it very long... maybe a couple of months, but I found that it stripped my color. I quit using it before it had a chance to do any more damage. It didn't make me lose hair that I could tell, but again, I quit after a short time.

Hi - I'm just curious about this.

I've been using and loving Wen -- although incorrectly at first...didn't use enough...trying to save money....but now I only wash my curly hair once a week....and use the Remist.....and have been using it for YEARS.

I think the scandal was a handful of peeps that had a reaction to a botanical ingredient in the formula they used....which is not really common among botanicals...but not uncommon for sensitive peeps with an allergy to a specific one.

My DH on the other hand, swears his hair is falling out and has gone back to his own hair care...fine cuz I was supplying him!!

I'm a Seasonal Snob, use the oils and 613...dont' do the Masks enough....but my hair has gone from the short style in the pic when I was around 50 or 51, maybe 52.....and I'm now 56...and it's down the middle of my back, the longest it's been since I was 17. I don't blow dry any more and embrace my curls....which actually go more into waves into the Winter with the colder weather...with it being longer...which I love...but in the Summer it can get pretty tight....which I tend to remind myself to think of my passed on Father whom I loved dearly who left me with the curls!! I try to embrace them gracefully with age and rarely straighten it or let heat touch my hair and my beautician says my hair is beautiful and in great shape.

I love wen & I would not change a thing. It is very easy to start a class action, to bad.

Was not aware of a scandal. I use it. Most I have tried work really good, actually all work really good, with some slightly better for my hair. The only problem I have now is my hair is so silky, my hair ties fall out.

I do have some invisibobble hair ties which do stay in better. My hair is thicker, shinier, & stronger, and I am much older than the 30 somethings advertised. My hair doesn't fall out. Scandal-schmandal everyone wants a piece of the pie.

I've been using Wen for 7 or 8 years. I'm in my early 50's. My hair is about halfway down my back and looks better than it ever has in my life. My husband has gray hair and says the Wen makes it more manageable.

I do lose a lot of hair in the shower but my hair is just as thick as it was when I started using it. I will continue to use Wen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.