Are there any vegans out there?

Annie973

I have been a vegetarian for a few years but try to go vegan whenever I can. Anybody have any great vegan receipes to share?

Me, me!! :) There are quite a few of us here. I can't think of any recipes off the top of my head but I do recommend vegweb.com. It's a great site that usually has reviews of the recipes listed (people add their own recipes - more of a community type website). I know my sister loves lots of vegan blogs. One of her favorites is veganlunchbox.com (I think?). That one offers some tasty looking recipes as well.
I'm sure others will chime in with more. Oh, and some good cookbooks: Vegan with a Vengeance and Veganomicon! Even non-vegans like them.

HTH!
Carolyn

Robin Robertson's "Vegan Planet" is a terrific cookbook (& I'm a food snob). Lots of quick recipes for the time challenged.

I'm pretty sure I have Kathryn to thank for this purchase.

Debra

Dee Thank you so much for the veganyumyum site. I was on there half the afternoon checking out some really fabulous sounding recipes and enjoying the pictures. Can't wait to try some of these.

Welcome, fellow vegan!

Aside from the sites already mentioned, there is www.vegsource.com .
A good magazine is VegNews ( www.vegnews.com : you can request a free sample issue).

As for recipes, here's an easy-to-make bean salad (I'm more of a 'throw a bunch of stuff together' cook than a real recipe user, so measurements are to your preference!).

Mix together 1 can each drained and rinsed garbanzos, kidney beans, black beans (or black soy beans) or other large beans you like (ie: pinto beans or lima). Add I jar chopped pimentos and/or artichoke hearts (chop into smaller pieces) and/or chopped black olives. Chopped red onion is optional.

Dress with a smidge of zesty italian style dressing (oil-vinegar dressing with a lot of herbs in) and serve on a bed of torn romaine leaves.

Another summer salad: my "red and green potato salad":
Cook and cube potatoes as for potato salad (I use organic potatoes, and leave the peel on, unless it comes off by itself).

Mix the cooked chopped potatoes with chopped red onion, chopped red (sweet) pepper, frozen peas thawed/cooked by rinsing with hot water, torn spinach leaves.

The salad should be mostly green and red, with more of other veggies than potatoes.

Dress with a mixture of Vegan mayo (I like Veganaise made with grapeseed oil), italian dressing and optionally a bit of mustard.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.