Anyone willing to share workout log?

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hey ladies! I"m about 10 weeks along now, and I'm struggling to continue with my workouts. I'm so fatigued & nauseated all the time. I don't want to sound like I"m complaining... I was just wondering if anyone would be willing to share what there workout schedules are like, that way I will know if I'm working too hard (or not hard enough). :p

This what I'm trying to keep up with (typical):
Mon: off
Tues: 40-60 min step
Wed:60 min Interval workout
Thurs:40-60 min step
Fri:eek:ff
Sat:eek:ff
Sun:60 min circuit workout
** I try to conclude each workout with an ab routine from Ab Hits

My advice is to listen to your body and rest and/or adjust the intensity/duration of your workouts when you need to. The first trimester is really tough! Hopefully, you will be feeling better in a few weeks and won't be struggling with your workouts so much. It's probably not a good idea to compare yourself to others at this time - every pregnancy is so different. With my last pregnancy, I really had to cut back in the first trimester. I hated doing it, but my body was really telling me not to push so hard. Once I started feeling better, I eased back into my normal workouts and was lucky to enjoy a fit, healthy pregnancy.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy!!

Erica

Thanks for your reply Erica!

Erica: Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've been listening to my body. Which is why I cut down so much. Before my pregnancy I worked out about 6 days a week, intensely. Now when I workout, it's all I can do to get through the workouts. I still feel marvelous when it's done though. I feel so accomplished! I really want to stay in shape, so I don't have a bunch of extra pounds to loose after the baby comes. So, if I can keep going as long as possible, b/c inevitably I will have to take some time off of exercise. I'm thinking month 9 + 6 weeks postnatal. We'll see. I'm definitely going to listen to my body though...I have no choice!!! In the meantime, it'd be great to compare notes & see what other prego's are/ aren't doing!

Hi there!

I've been meaning to keep a checkin going every week, but I've been so busy...I haven't been able to keep up. Your post was an excellent reminder.

I'm 22 weeks and doing very well workout wise. I've found that it really helps me feel good about myself and is keeping my weight gain coming at a reasonable pace. This is my second pregnancy and I'm already coming in 10 pounds less than my first time around.

Here is what I did this past week:

Monday: Interval Max 1-5 & Boot Camp Upper Body & Stretch
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: S&H Legs & Winsor Buns & Thighs & Stretch
Thursday: Muscle Endurance Upper Body Premix
Friday: Leaner Legs
Saturday: Hi/Lo Heaven (Christi) sections 1 & 2 with modifications
Sunday: Power Hour

I think your schedule looks great. Be careful to modify the interval workouts...don't let your heartrate soar to high!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I was beginning to think that noone was going to willing to share! Ladies, we're all in this together!! I was just thinking of tweaking my strength training. By nature, I am a cardio junkie...and I struggle to stay motivated during strength training videos. But, strength training doesn't wear me out (just makes me sore)!! I am simply going to try to add more strength and take it easy on the cardio work. I did just order the CTX Series on DVD. I think this will be an easier way to stay on top of things, with just 45-60 minutes a day.
Thanks again for sharing & yes, I've been modifying the interval workouts so my heartrate isn't too high. :)

RE: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Okay Mel since your pushing me :7 I'll check in!! Actually the ectocheck thread has kind of dissolved and to be honest I feel like my workouts have slipped since I'm not forced to check in (just one of the many reasons) so maybe this will keep me more accountable!! (thanks!!)

Last week I had quite a few rest days.. Monday - CTX upperbody, Wedneday - MIS, Friday - ME and Saturday - IMAX II. But this week.....I'm going to try to get back into the swing of my normal routine.

M - CTX upperbody and C&W ab work
T - LL and possibly PLB stability ball work
W - PS all Upper body
Th - CK or IMAX II
Fri - S&H Legs and shoulders and PLB ball work again
Sat - All Upperbody (minus shoulders) workout ala Aquajock (heavy weights)
Sun - REST!!!!

I may throw in a rest day on Thursday, but hopefully won't have to. I got somewhat of a upperbody workout yesterday (sunday) as I went waterskiing. When you slalom you use quite a bit of bicep and shoulder, and obviously legs, but they aren't quite evenly distributed ;( . Have a great week!!

Briee

Can I push anyone else out there into sharing?

I cannot tell you ladies how encouraging you've been! Thanks so much for sharing! Briee--you're doing absolutely wonderfully! Water skiing? Yahoo!!! I had an opportunity to do it once a couple years ago. It was so much fun. Last year I went tubing for a couple of hours & I was soooo sore afterwards. It was really fun though. Upper body work--that's for sure.
Knock on wood, I've felt really good these past 2 days. I even worked out when I got home from a 9 hour shift last night.
How's that PLB ball work going? Man! I did the PLB workout on Sunday and it whipped me. It always has. Especially the jack-knife move. I try to do the ball work before the rest of the workout b/c my arms are too fried to do any of it at the end of the workout. I haven't done it consistently enough to reap any benefits.
Thanks again for checking in. I'm sure you'll do marvelous! By the way, what is this?: ;( ?!?!

RE: Can I push anyone else out there into sharing?

Mel, thanks for the encouraging words. I think I'm really needing check in's at this point to keep me mentally focused. So far I'm on track this week and conquered LL this morning with PLB stability ball stuff. Just for clarification....you don't have to do the pike (jack-knife) move in PLB, your thinking of PUB I think. I've been avoiding that like the plague, but will work it in sometime this week or next. PLB is just those killer hamstring things. I think the stupidist (is that a word) thing that Cathe has ever said (the only stupid thing) was when she is doing those side leg raises and adds....if you would like you can use weights on your ankles....yeah right!!! Those are truly evil!!!

Oh the ;( was referring to the uneven weight distribution that occurs when you slalom ski. My right leg has more load on the quad and my back leg has more on the calf. I was expecting to be sore on my right leg on Monday, but I didn't really notice anything. Our family loves to waterski and hopefully we can get out many times this summer.

I have been taking little 15-30 second pauses in between some of the sets in CTX upperbody and during LL, I stopped to tie my 4 year olds shoes...usually I get irritated if I'm interupted but now I'm saying "sure I'll tie your shoe....just let me pause this tape for 30 seconds".....That seems to be the way that I can make it through the whole tape. It takes a little longer, but I don't have to skip anything. Anyone else doing this?

Hi. It was my plan to post my workouts for accountability and then I slacked (on the posting, not the workouts);-) . Thanks for getting me back on track. Workouts are going well. Eating on the other hand is a somewhat mixed bag. Groan....

Last week:

Thurs--Power Max
Fri--PS BBA (no abs), 30 min stationary bike
Sat--Interval Max (with modifications)
Sun--PS CST, 30 min stationary bike
Mon--Step Jam
Today--PS SLA (no abs), 20 min stationary bike
Tomorrow--Rest:D

Maggie
Due 9-8-03 with #5, boy, (the tie-breaker)

Hi. It was my plan to post my workouts for accountability and then I slacked (on the posting, not the workouts);-) . Thanks for getting me back on track. Workouts are going well. Eating on the other hand is a somewhat mixed bag. Groan....

Last week:

Thurs--Power Max
Fri--PS BBA (no abs), 30 min stationary bike
Sat--Interval Max (with modifications)
Sun--PS CST, 30 min stationary bike
Mon--Step Jam
Today--PS SLA (no abs), 20 min stationary bike
Tomorrow--Rest:D

Maggie
Due 9-8-03 with #5, boy, (the tie-breaker)

Ummm...I'm sorry for bumping such an old post, but I found it interesting that some ladies were still doing 'Interval Max' while pregant! I had specifically put this one on the backburner as I thought it would be way too high impact/intense in the 2nd/third trimester. Hmmm...maybe I could try it with low impact modifications (I'm in 28 week)? I'll see how I'm feeling and give it a go!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.