Anyone switch from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy?

DixieGirl

Cathlete
DH is planning to upgrade from his iPhone to the Galaxy and is trying to talk me into doing the same. I would love to hear any thoughts/opinions from any of you who have done the same. Or even started with the Galaxy but switched to the iPhone. We have been an Apple family for awhile & I have been really happy with my MacBook, iPad and iPhone. I don't know much about the Galaxy other than it's bigger. I'm also wondering about all my music I have on iTunes & how I could keep that. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

DisieGirl,

My DD just changed to the galaxy and is not happy at all. She has had a lot of problems with it.

Josie

One of my husband's co-workers switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy last year. He hated the Galaxy and switched back to the iPhone after a month. His experience was one of the reasons I chose the iPhone. I am very happy with it.
You could try the Galaxy, but keep your iPhone as a backup, then if you hate the Galaxy you could sell it and go back to the iPhone.

I switched from an Android OS to iOS a couple years ago and have not looked back. While the Android OS is nice, I like the simplicity of iOS much better. I have since bought a MacBook Pro, iPad, and iMac. I LOVE the integration between all the devices. I know this is going to sound corny, but it really does JUST WORK. I'm sure there are many ways that an Android device can integrate with laptops or mobile devices, but it's not going to be the same as how Apple products work together.

I know everyone likes the bigger screens of the Galaxy, but after holding one compared to my iPhone I personally hate it. It's way too big for my taste. It doesn't fit well in my hand and is harder for me to hold. I dropped my previous Android phone a lot. I never drop my iPhone and I believe it's because I have a better grip on the phone when I hold it.

Just my two cents!! Good luck with your choice.

I got the Galaxy a while ago. I had it for 2 weeks and hated it. It could be just me....user incompetence. I went back to my old phone then finally got my i phone. I love it! My needs are simple and maybe that's a factor. I found the Galaxy too confusing and too big. I'll stay with my I phone.

I had to pipe up in support of the Galaxy :). I have never had an iPhone, so for a true answer to your question I am not qualified. However, I have a Galaxy SIII and love it (also have an Android tablet). I find it easy to use and enjoy its capabilities and flexibility.

I think in the longrun, it all depends on what your needs and personal preferences are that will determine whether you fall into the iOS or Android camp. There are too many restrictions to the iPhone and iPad for my taste, but can appreciate the crispness of the operating system.

As far as ease of use, it comes down to experience. I have used an iPad for short periods several times and find it less than intuitive, which just goes to show that it's all in what you're used to.

I switched from an Android OS to iOS a couple years ago and have not looked back. While the Android OS is nice, I like the simplicity of iOS much better. I have since bought a MacBook Pro, iPad, and iMac. I LOVE the integration between all the devices. I know this is going to sound corny, but it really does JUST WORK. I'm sure there are many ways that an Android device can integrate with laptops or mobile devices, but it's not going to be the same as how Apple products work together.

I know everyone likes the bigger screens of the Galaxy, but after holding one compared to my iPhone I personally hate it. It's way too big for my taste. It doesn't fit well in my hand and is harder for me to hold. I dropped my previous Android phone a lot. I never drop my iPhone and I believe it's because I have a better grip on the phone when I hold it.

Just my two cents!! Good luck with your choice.

I feel the same way about iOS. I'm ready to switch from Windows. It just works. The iPhone size is perfect too. Some of the other phones are just way too big.

I switched from iPhone to a galaxy ace. The size is the same as the iPhone and I'm happy. I had an original iPhone and when I was two generations behind my apps became glitchy. I couldn't download new apps and my phone slowed down with each upgrade. I have not had any problems with my Samsung.

I used to have an iphone, now I have a samsung S3. The best thing I ever did. I am so over the limitations of itunes and the constant requests to change my password because someone has hacked into my account. ( I am still getting those messages from apple even now that I don't have an account). Support was not good either.
"Drag and drop" is the best way to go and with bluetooth everything is seamless connecting to my tablet and desktop. I love android!!!
You can change the appearance and message tones etc. without having to jailbreak. Just simple!!!

Thank you so much for your replies ladies. Since I'm an Apple fan I think it probably makes sense for me to stay with the iPhone. DH is an engineer in sales so he sees a lot of colleagues w/ android phones which probably does work better in his business. But for me, I think the iPhone is what I will stay with. I really appreciate your comments :)

Just wanted to hop in and say that I have been an iPhone user since the very first iPhone came out years ago. I switched to a Galaxy (the latest and greatest edition) and returned it the very next day. I HATED IT. I vote to stick w/ iPhone. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.