Anyone order CONTACTS online???

RunDiggity

Cathlete
My doctor was going to charge me $840 plus 20% off if I order a year supply of my Acuvue Oasys (holy crap) - I looked them up online at a few different websites and saw that I could order them for less than $200!!! - is the markup that much when ordering from your eye doc!!???

I just want to feel comfortable ordering online and wondered if anyone has done this with contacts from a particular site and if they have a good experience or not? and which site did you use?

Hello,

I have always ordered my contacts online and have been doing it for over 10 years. I always order from www.visiondirect.com. I have never have any problems with them and fast delivery, too!

Good luck!

Stephanie

I order from 1-800-contacts. You might want to ask your doctor if he will match the on line price, some do. Ihave ordered lenses on line for many years & have never had a problem. My daughter's eye doctor will match the online price for her

Karen

Ahh good to know - I am going to check out that website - not sure why I am so nervous!

I found them online at www.lens.com and I just want to make sure they are legit sites - anymore if I don't have a referral to a good website, I am leary of it!

1800contacts has been great for me! :)

Also, I have ordered them from the local pharmacy.

840 sounds like an awful lot. Isn't corrected vision grand?

Good Luck!

Nice - good idea - I will ask my doctor, but I kind of doubt it - its a Pearle Vision place, but you never know :) I think that 1-800-contacts number is the same phone number listed on the www.lens.com website -

I am already feeling more confident about it!

When he quoted me $840 I about fell over!!!! Of course he had put me in two different lens's to try out and didn't tell me which one was which, so of course I liked the expensive ones! But that price was RIDICULOUS!

I'm going to try Costco. I just went there yesterday and they quoted a price for me ($72 for both eyes for a 90 day supply). So, I guess that works out to $288 annually. I'd been buying mine from the doctor at Lenscrafters ($480) annually. That's over!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I used to buy my contacts online until I found a few years ago that Costco is comparable to online prices.

I get mine through drugstore.com, they're less than half what my dr. charges. I've had a few bad experiences ordering contacts online & have found this site to be very reliable, secure, & the customer service is great.

I actually used to work for 1-800-contacts years ago when they first started out. You should first check out Costco, call and find out their price and 1-800 Contacts will give you an additional percentage off what they charge.

lindzebird

I get mine through my eye doc, reasonably priced, but your eye doc is charging you through the roof!!!!! OMG! Talk about MARK UP!!!!!! Definitely order online: after all, these other ladies have had no trouble with it. In your case, I wouldn't hesitate.

Cheers,

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.