Anyone have any experience with Radiesse or Juviderm?

exer_cited

Cathlete
If anyone is willing to share their experiences, I’d appreciate it!

It is hereditary in my family to develop nasal labial folds and marionette lines. I have the beginnings of both and have been researching/considering this procedure for quite some time.

I have an appointment in two weeks with a plastic surgeon that I have confidence in and feel very comfortable with. We’ve already discussed the particulars, but I wanted to see if anyone out there has had this procedure done and whether or not you are happy with the results?

TIA!!

Have not gone down this road yet so I can't help other than I have heard it's painful as all get out so make sure they numb you really good!

Melissa, I get juvederm every 6 mos or so, on the sides of my mouth & under my eyes. It is pretty miraculous, & now part of my annual budget. :p The under eye thing really surprised me--I'd gone for a consult to see what they could do about the bags & they told me filler. I've been very pleased w/the results. :)

BUT I did try it for those vertical lines around my lips & did not like the look at all. The whole plumped, fake looking lips was not what I was going for, so I didn't do it again. Unfortunately this is an unavoidable result--you have a choice betw. wrinkles or a Pamela Anderson mouth. :eek:

It doesn't really hurt much around the mouth--some ice & you'll be fine in about an hour. But a good, experienced doc is key--if s/he doesn't know what s/he's doing you could get wicked bruising.

The under the eye thing hurts like hell, I get novacaine for that.

Thanks Laura!

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience.

I'm not doing anything to my lips, so no "Pamela Anderson" for me!!:p

Did you experience any swelling at all?

Nope, no swelling. In fact, I get it done on my lunch hour. :) I've had some very minor bruising--one small one under my eye once, & one or two on the sides of my mouth, but nothing that couldn't be covered without makeup. The bruises lasted maybe a week. It's really a cakewalk considering the results. :cool:

I had Juvaderm

I had Juvaderm last October and loved the results. My doctor only gave me ice though (no anesthesia) and OMG did it hurt. That being said I'm trying to save up to do it again. I'm 48 and don't really mind my laugh lines ( I laugh alot) but the lines around my mouth bothered me so Itried the injections. I did go back and have my upper lip done too. I loved the results of that too!! Good luck and I would absolutely recommend it.

I had Juvaderm last October and loved the results. My doctor only gave me ice though (no anesthesia) and OMG did it hurt. That being said I'm trying to save up to do it again. I'm 48 and don't really mind my laugh lines ( I laugh alot) but the lines around my mouth bothered me so Itried the injections. I did go back and have my upper lip done too. I loved the results of that too!! Good luck and I would absolutely recommend it.

Thanks pjreo!!

How long does it last? Please explain the lip thing further.

I asked about under the eyes and my doc gave me a weird look. I don't have bags but they are hollowed.

Thanks,

Dawn

If anyone is willing to share their experiences, I’d appreciate it!

It is hereditary in my family to develop nasal labial folds and marionette lines. I have the beginnings of both and have been researching/considering this procedure for quite some time.

I have an appointment in two weeks with a plastic surgeon that I have confidence in and feel very comfortable with. We’ve already discussed the particulars, but I wanted to see if anyone out there has had this procedure done and whether or not you are happy with the results?

TIA!!

Melissa, I have had those same lines forever. I've been using some facial products that have slightly reduced their intensity but they're still there. I have been thinking about having injections for a couple of years. Good luck with your appointment. Please let us know if you have it done and how you like your results. Are they still running around $500 for the injections?

Bam

Melissa, I have had those same lines forever. I've been using some facial products that have slightly reduced their intensity but they're still there. I have been thinking about having injections for a couple of years. Good luck with your appointment. Please let us know if you have it done and how you like your results. Are they still running around $500 for the injections?

Bam

Hi Bam. I have had these lines since as long as I can remember and I know they are only going to get deeper as I age. Now it's pretty much all I see when I look in the mirror so it's time. I'm definetly having it done, so I will post back with my results.

And yes, it's around $500.

Last edited:
How long does it last? Please explain the lip thing further.

I asked about under the eyes and my doc gave me a weird look. I don't have bags but they are hollowed.

Thanks,

Dawn

Hi Dawn.

My doc told me it would last about 1 year. Maybe more if I go with Juviderm Plus which is little thicker. The Plus costs an extra $50. She said that should last about 3 months longer than regular Juviderm, so it sounds like a no-brainer to spend the extra $50 and be able to get about 1 year and 3 mos out of it.

You can get your lips injected with it as well to increase the size. It is also used to fill in the lines on the upper and lower lips that are common in smokers or previous smokers. Above and below the lips develop wrinkles from pursing the lips around a cigarette.

Lip lines

I did have those little lines above my upper lip. I used to smoke but quit when I found out I was pregnant. I have seventeen yr. old twins. Also as the years are going on I've noticed my upper lips looked alittle thinner,so anyway, loved the Juvaderm in the lip area. It wasn't too Angelina Jolie,just a little. I thought it looked great,kinda sexy. Oh yeah, I did it while my husband was away golfing(my bad!!)because he was against it and he didn't notice!! Just thoght I looked great but didn't know why.

Oh yeah, I did it while my husband was away golfing(my bad!!)because he was against it and he didn't notice!! Just thoght I looked great but didn't know why.

LOL!! Too funny pjreo!!

I had considered not telling DH. Not because he is against it, but because I wanted to see if he noticed. But I had this fear that I would come back home with some swelling and bruising and burst into tears when I had to tell him what I did!! :eek: He is the only one that knows, though. Other that you guys of course..;) I'm curious to see if my Mom or anyone here at work notices anything!!

Oh no, it doesn't last a year. It lasts 6 mos. The Ultra lasts up to a year.

Sounds like the upper lip thing has worked for you. I have to tell you, I got it done in Dec & my sis came to visit me for Xmas. I only see her a couple times a year, & I'm not kidding you when I say the first thing she said when she walked through my front door was "what happened to your mouth?" :eek:

So I decided not to do it again. ;) I've had the area lasered though, so I don't really need it anymore.

P.S. don't forget what the commercial says: "everyone will notice, no one will know." :)

An entire new kind of enabling is taking place here! Actually, I've tossed around this idea on and off in the last year or so. I have incredibly bad "Joker Lines" and I think they really age my face.

Laura: Thanks for sharing your experience, even though it makes me want to spend money! :p

Melissa: Please let us know how it goes! Good luck and I'm happy for you (and a little envious). :)

An entire new kind of enabling is taking place here! Actually, I've tossed around this idea on and off in the last year or so. I have incredibly bad "Joker Lines" and I think they really age my face.

Laura: Thanks for sharing your experience, even though it makes me want to spend money! :p

Melissa: Please let us know how it goes! Good luck and I'm happy for you (and a little envious). :)

Thanks Patti! I appreciate your being happy for me...:D

It's taken me quite awhile to decide to do something about it, so I'm feeling good about my decision.

And I will definetly post about my experience. I hope it's positive and I hope it doesn't add to the enabling...;):p

Presto...lines are gone!!!

I just wanted to post back with my results since some of you were interested in how I made out.

To say that I'm pleased is an understatement. My nasal folds are completely gone as are the "dents" in the corners of my mouth that made me look like I was constantly frowning. My sister refers to those as "cabbage patch face", which I think is a perfect description..:eek:

My PS gave me a dental block and told me that would be the worst of the pain. I didn't even feel her give me the block, so that says alot right there. She started off on my right side and by the time she got to the left the block had worn off a little and I could feel pinches here and there, but nothing excruciating. She offered to give me another block, but I was fine. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would say the pain was maybe a 2 at the most.

I ended up with one small bruise on the corner of my left lip, but that's it.

My only regret is that I didn't take my own before and after pics and that I didn't have this done sooner!!:p

I was in a dr.'s office yesterday and they offered various skin treatments. They showed the before and afters of Juvederm and Radiesse and I have to say, they both looked great but the Radiesse results looked better than the Juvederm and it builds collagen and supposedly lasts longer. I'm not saying anything bad about Juvederm at all. I'm just making an observation. I know people have had phenomenal results with it. Has anyone had the Radiesse treatment? One of these days I'll decide to do something and they're always coming up with something "new" and "better" so hopefully I can get something longer lasting that's cheap! :) They also had a procedure for skin tightening that was not surgical but I can't remember the name of it. I wonder if that works. I love all these options that are coming up. Pretty soon all of these procedures will be almost like walking in and out of a grocery store. You walk in with a list but walk out with "no" bags! :D

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.