anyone ever done their own tailgate?

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
After going to OSU and attending many football games, we are striking out and having our own tailgate this Saturday. I am SO excited...can't say I'm excited about getting up at 4 am to drive down and secure a spot, but it will be worth it! After battling shoulder-to-shoulder crowds for overpriced food and beer, we figured we'd just bring our own and make a party of it.

Has anyone ever done their own tailgate? Any pearls of wisdom or things to NOT forget? I know the usuals...grill, coolers, beer (all the essentials,lol) - I'm just so afraid I'm going to forget something.

Thanks -and Let's Go Buckeyes!:D

Heidi

Just make sure to pack the trunk in the order you want to take things out. I.E. make sure not to pack the table first so it's the last thing you pull out.

Lots of wet naps and a spare roll of toliet paper for the porta potties too...

And one last thing....GO BLUE!!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist...

Jeanette :)

We started tailgating for some college football games last year. Lotsa fun!

Don't forget your prep and cooking utensils (its hard to flip a burger with a plastic fork), clean up stuff - paper towels, garbage bags, wet wipes, etc. Also containers for leftovers, if you think you'll have any.

Also, check and see if OSU has any container rules. Some places don't allow you to carry around glass containers, so you might need to bring plastic cups.

Have FUN!! :D

ETA: Don't forget chairs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.