Any over 50s out there?

writegal319

HI
I am a "fit and foxy 50!" anyone else defying age? Don't you just love it when you tell someone how old you are and they say, "really?!"
It's the working out that does it! I am totally sure of it! Know i'll be doing "low ends" and "intensity blasts" into my 80s!!

Thank you Cathe for keeping us old ladies looking like young chicks!
Carol

I've got a couple years left, but I'll be edging closer at 48 tomorrow. I must say it doesn't hurt my ego any when people do a double take at my age, and that's even with some gray hair ;-)

HI
I am a "fit and foxy 50!" anyone else defying age? Don't you just love it when you tell someone how old you are and they say, "really?!"
It's the working out that does it! I am totally sure of it! Know i'll be doing "low ends" and "intensity blasts" into my 80s!!

Thank you Cathe for keeping us old ladies looking like young chicks!
Carol
Oh yes, 52 here. I have been doing Cathe DVD's for about 4 years. I did so good until this past year...seems like my body is falling apart but I am trying not to let it get to me. The first thing to go was a siatic nerve in my back, then golfer's elbow, now it is my feet with neuromas and bunions. I still try to plug away and am determined not to quit. My main problem is getting my eating under control. I did so well for 5 years. Went from 165 to 135 and stayed at 135-140 until last fall. Now I feel and look like a pile of dough! I know what I have to do...it just seems so hard. What about you?

I'm 47, so not quite, but I do get double-takes all the time when I reveal my age -- people expect me to be ten years younger. It's great!

-Beth

Ageless

HI Ladies
You are all wonderful...let's keep inspiring each other!

My goals are really simple, I don't want to wind up like my parents on a million different medications when I am in my 70s and 80s. I want to be healthy and enjoying life all the way! And working out and livinghealthy TO ME is the way to get there!

I was REALLY sick about 3yrs ago found out my endocrine system kinda had a freak out and started producing massive tumors all through my gastro and female organs. Gained about 50 lbs in a year from the tumors. Ended up having two operations, including a 5-1/2hr hysterectomy. Lost 30 lbs on the operating table!

I worked out the entire time I was sick and started back walking and slowly working out almost immediately. I really think that keeping active really is key in health. My weight still kind of fluctuates, but I have an amazing Dr. that works with me and FOR ME, I don't take any hormones except for my thyroid. I have something called Wilson's syndrome which in a nutshell means that my body produces thyroid hormone but it is not utilized properly by my endocrine system for some reason.

I have found that if I "shake up" my workouts and diet every few months so that my body never gets used to any one thing it seems to work better. I also pretty much stick to a combo of the blood type diet and a no-gluten diet which again FOR ME seems to be the only thing that works.

BigSal-- if you can find a good gyno or endocrinologist have them run some hormone panels on you to see if maybe your hormones are off...I read up on all the Suzanne somers books and Christian Northrop books. Also some foods are hidden trouble makers that can affect the inflammation in your body and cause trouble ( also good to read are the Dr Oz books) ...try playing with food elimination to see if you take away certain items if you feel better.

I have whittled my way down to a size 4 or 6 but my prob now is that I have some residual lose skin from when I blew up so i'll prob need some nipping and tucking to really get the body I want...but until then I think I am hanging tuff for an old broad!

I pretty much just make the working out non-negotiable. It is 'just what I do" when I get home from work. No excuses. I change into my workout clothes the second I get home and I have my whole pie of weights, steps, mats, etc in a far corner of my living room hidden behind my chairs and they all come out as soon as I get home too.

You are all awesome I applaud you!!!!! Keep making those little gals wish they were us!!
Carol

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.