Any Georgia Cathe Fans?

debra

My husband and I rented a cabin in Chatsworth, Georgia for Christmas week. I live in central Florida so I am figuring it to be about an 11 hour drive. We are going to split the drive into 2 days and I think that Macon is about 1/2 way. Is any one familiar with this area? If so can you make some suggests about places to stay, eat and visit?

Thanks so much.
Debbie Russo

Hey Debbie,

I'm just going from memory here -- but I think Chatsworth might be right on the Tennessee border. If so, you could take a day trip to Chattanooga and do the "choo choo" and the aquarium and I-Max theatre. Is Chatsworth in the Cohutta's? It's really beautiful up there. Macon is 100 miles south of Atlanta, and it's about another 100 miles to Chattanooga. My Dad lives up that way and my sister has made the drive from Tampa to his house in a day. She's pretty cranky when she gets there, though, so you're probably wise to break it up. As for other things to do...you ARE going to be in the wilderness and in North Georgia at that. I'd bring a good book!!

-Claire M.

Hello Debbie! I live about 20 miles north of Macon. Are you asking about Macon or Chatsworth? I might have some ideas about Macon, but nothing on Chatsworth. Let me know!

Teresa

Hi Teresa:
Sorry, I meant the Macon area. I know Chatsworth is in the wilderness.

If we leave home really early, we should be in the Macon area by noon or one. If you know of any fun things to do or cool places to eat I would really appreciate hearing about them.

I was hoping my new Cathe tapes would come before I left so that I could preview them...but it doesn't look promising.

Thanks for your help
Happy Holidays
Debbie Russo

I feel a bit apprehensive telling you places to go because everyone has different interests, tastes, etc., but I will try. I suppose the best place to stay is the Crowne Plaza. There is a plethora of restaurants that are great. Some of the better ones are Le Lavandier and Natalia's. I have not been to Le Lavandier, but I heard it was nice. Also, I have not been to Natalia's in years, but I am sure it is still good. Some other choices that would be within walking distance of the Plaza are Five Eighty, Burts's, and Michael's on Mulberry. My husband went with work people to Five Eighty, and my hairdresser told me about the other 2. As far as other things to do, I don't know if I can help you. What kind of things would you like to do? I just realized how boring I am because I can't come up with much. I know I am not being of much help here, so maybe someone else will chime in!

Teresa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.