Any AKC breeders here ? I have a question

ImFiddY

Cathlete
I have a dog that was supposed to be pure breed. It turns out to be a mutt.

The breeder emailed me a letter that she says she sent to AKC to 'Whom it may concern' saying to revoke the litters certification due to the accidental breeding.

Will AKC just revoke the litter certification and that will be the end of the case ? I'm wondering if this letter is just a ruse to stop any impure breeding complaint.

I'm having trust issues with the ever changing stories I'm being told. I want to trust her and believe that she will do the right thing but I'm having a hard time doing that.

I am not a breeder but I am curious about something. Did the breeder not know from day 1 that this was an accidental breeding? She should have known that when she sold you a "pure bred" dog. AKC may well revoke the certificates because the breeder is confirming that the litter was not full breed. I'd say you are due a refund in any case. It doesn't really matter if the dog has AKC papers unless you intend to show or breed. If yes on either count, you've got a problem. Otherwise, love your puppy just the same but I'd be looking for a partial refund. Just sayin!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.