Another mineral makeup question

The other thread prompted me to start this one. My dd received the starter bare mineral kit for Christmas. She and I really like it. But, I have some concerns.

Since the "nontoxic cleaner" thread awhile back, I have made some major changes around the house in addition to the way I think about products (thanks to everyone in that thread - I love my new nontoxic housecleaning stuff so far!). So, I am wondering, is there any harm in using this type of makeup. I know I must be inhaling quite a bit of it while applying it. What do you think? Heard anything about it? Marnie

I actually heard that it was better for you than your regular makeup, as far as toxicity goes. That's one major reason I started using it.

What Donna said. It doesn't have preservatives or artificial colors or anything like that in it, so it's actually good for your skin. I don't use Bare Minerals (didn't like the way it make my skin look), but I use Aromaleigh and it's also free of added "stuff".

ETA - I can also put in a plug for my mineral makeup while I'm here. www.aromaleigh.com Their products don't contain bismuth oxychloride, which is responsible for the shine and "pore magnification" that BE has. They are less expansive than BE and have WAY more shades to choose from. Plus, you can order sample sizes so you can find just the right color before committing to a whole jar. LOVE IT! :)

I do not use Bare Escenituals either. I use EVERDAY MINERALS (www.everydayminerals.com). They are a far better product than BE and are also far more reasonable in price. I would highly recommend them to EVERYONE. Their testimonial section alone speaks for themselves (A lot of BE members switched to EM). They also have an ingredient comparison section. You'd be amazed at the difference between BE and EM. I know this sounds like an advertisement but it's not. I just LOVE EVERYDAY MINERALS and want everyone to know about them!!! :7

Plus, they offer FREE SAMPLE KITS. What other company will let you 'try before you buy.'

Kathie, you have me really intrigued with Everyday Minerals. I've been happily using Aromaleigh for 2 years, and really don't have any reason to switch (the ingredients are pretty much the same), but the price of Everyday Minerals is a little better. Thanks for telling us about this! :)

>Kathie, you have me really intrigued with Everyday Minerals.
>I've been happily using Aromaleigh for 2 years, and really
>don't have any reason to switch (the ingredients are pretty
>much the same), but the price of Everyday Minerals is a little
>better. Thanks for telling us about this! :)

No problem!!! :7 Their customer service is phenomenal and they are still building up on their items and expanding.

>I do not use Bare Escenituals either. I use EVERDAY MINERALS
>(www.everydayminerals.com). They are a far better product than
>BE and are also far more reasonable in price. I would highly
>recommend them to EVERYONE. Their testimonial section alone
>speaks for themselves (A lot of BE members switched to EM).
>They also have an ingredient comparison section. You'd be
>amazed at the difference between BE and EM. I know this sounds
>like an advertisement but it's not. I just LOVE EVERYDAY
>MINERALS and want everyone to know about them!!! :7
>
>Plus, they offer FREE SAMPLE KITS. What other company will let
>you 'try before you buy.'

Another everyday minerals fan here! I love that they have more foundation formulas to choose from and the free sample kits helped me find my perfect match. Also, it does better on my oily skin, BUT, now that I have an Ulta near me, I DO purchase BM cheek and eye colors, b/c those can't be beat in my opnion!
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.