another credit card fraud

stayfit

Cathlete
For the first time, I have been the victim of a credit card fraud. It has been 24,54 EUR. I am angry. A company named my value host.com used my credit card numbers today.I have to go to the bank on the next Monday to make a reclamation.The bank will investigate but it will take weeks before they can let me know whether I will be reimbursed. I have to proof that it wasn't me who used the card. Now how am I gonna do that?.Only a few companies have my card details.I don't know the company nemed value host.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :( :( :(

For the first time, I have been the victim of a credit card fraud. It has been 24,54 EUR. I am angry. A company named my value host.com used my credit card numbers today.I have to go to the bank on the next Monday to make a reclamation.The bank will investigate but it will take weeks before they can let me know whether I will be reimbursed. I have to proof that it wasn't me who used the card. Now how am I gonna do that?.Only a few companies have my card details.I don't know the company nemed value host.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :( :( :(

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Last month, there was a charge on my CC from a company I don't know (skype.net). It was only for $13 US, but I refused to pay it. I sent a letter to my CC co. and they agreed to take the charge off, but told me I need to make sure my "account" with that company is closed. I've never heard of skype.net and certainly never gave them my CC number to set up an account. I've emailed that co. and told them not to use my # again and to tell me how they got my #, but I've gotten no response. I'm really, really nervous now about what else may show up on my bill (nothing strange so far). I'm hoping that someone just entered a CC number incorrectly and that's how I got charged. But, again, I'm nervous. I may have to cancel that CC or get the number changed. I hope everything works out okay for you and the bank will not make you pay that charge.

Karri
p.s. I post very rarely, usually just lurk, but wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for the info. on Direct Hits Volume 1 at Dynamix. I've got their catalog, but somehow overlooked the page that had BK Howe stuff on it. I'll be adding that one to my collection soon!:p

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Last month, there was a charge on my CC from a company I don't know (skype.net). It was only for $13 US, but I refused to pay it. I sent a letter to my CC co. and they agreed to take the charge off, but told me I need to make sure my "account" with that company is closed. I've never heard of skype.net and certainly never gave them my CC number to set up an account. I've emailed that co. and told them not to use my # again and to tell me how they got my #, but I've gotten no response. I'm really, really nervous now about what else may show up on my bill (nothing strange so far). I'm hoping that someone just entered a CC number incorrectly and that's how I got charged. But, again, I'm nervous. I may have to cancel that CC or get the number changed. I hope everything works out okay for you and the bank will not make you pay that charge.

Karri
p.s. I post very rarely, usually just lurk, but wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for the info. on Direct Hits Volume 1 at Dynamix. I've got their catalog, but somehow overlooked the page that had BK Howe stuff on it. I'll be adding that one to my collection soon!:p

Mariangeles - have you spoken to a lawyer? Back about 15 years ago, someone stole my credit card and my video rental card. They charged up a decent amount on the credit card and rented 2 movies that they never returned. All my lawyer did was write letters to the bank and the video rental place, and everything was cleared up.

I don't know how it all works now with so much credit card fraud going on. But it seems to me that banks wouldn't be so difficult.

Karri - I'd cancel that credit card and have the bank issue you a new one.

Mariangeles - have you spoken to a lawyer? Back about 15 years ago, someone stole my credit card and my video rental card. They charged up a decent amount on the credit card and rented 2 movies that they never returned. All my lawyer did was write letters to the bank and the video rental place, and everything was cleared up.

I don't know how it all works now with so much credit card fraud going on. But it seems to me that banks wouldn't be so difficult.

Karri - I'd cancel that credit card and have the bank issue you a new one.

Thank you very much Karri. I know you will enjoy the music. I am nervious because I don't know how that company can have the numbers of my credit card and who else may know my ** . I hope you will receive your money back.Thank you.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :)

Thank you very much Karri. I know you will enjoy the music. I am nervious because I don't know how that company can have the numbers of my credit card and who else may know my ** . I hope you will receive your money back.Thank you.

I'm so sorry Mariángeles. It's also so frustrating that they want proof you didn't do it. I acutally sent emails to all web companies that have my CC details and asked about their security. And sent their responses to the cc company. And sent an email plus a fax (they didn't respond to the email) to the company that debited my CC asking for all info regarding those payments asking specifically for IP address and email address and name etc. of the person who used my card. I checked the gambling web site and know that the gambling site requires you to make an account so they must have details. The gambling site denies having any personal info on the user.

Dutchie

I'm so sorry Mariángeles. It's also so frustrating that they want proof you didn't do it. I acutally sent emails to all web companies that have my CC details and asked about their security. And sent their responses to the cc company. And sent an email plus a fax (they didn't respond to the email) to the company that debited my CC asking for all info regarding those payments asking specifically for IP address and email address and name etc. of the person who used my card. I checked the gambling web site and know that the gambling site requires you to make an account so they must have details. The gambling site denies having any personal info on the user.

Dutchie

I had this happen a few years ago. The CC company actually put a hold on my account and when hubby went to fill the gas tank up he tried the CC and it was refused. So I called and they told me they put a hold on the card because of some wierd charges. I have never been liable for those charges and I have no clue what they were. They closed that account out and gave us a new card.

We have also had a different CC company call the house to see if some charges were correct, hubby was traveling a lot and they just wanted to double check, which I think is great.

Hope you get it cleared up and that they don't hold you liable for the charges.

Rhonda

CCs vary greatly, some your liable for the every purchase up to $50, and have to pay the first $50 of very purchase over that. Which can be a really big ouch is someone really maxes up your card. Look in your CC agreements and terms of service, it will explain what you have to pay if your card or # gets stolen.

Now giving your CC# to sites be very very careful, especially if you use IE. As there are 3 security holes that allow people to sniff and grab passwords and anything else you type in. It's not the site you are on, but it's someone listening to a port on your computer. IE someone is standing next to you and you rattle off your credit card into your cell phone. And that person writes it down. This is really how open IE is on that type of thing.

Do inform you company, have them issue you a competely different number and freeze the other number. Do know where you stand in a case of faud with them, if the person rings up a lot of little charages, you may have to pay for it all. As not only anything under $50 isn't checked, a lot of companies will not eat all that money. As the CC company still has to pay for all those items bought, they don't get out of it. So a lot of time they just send the bill to you.

But seriously if your going to charge online go with a CC company that gives you virual CC #s, they are a one time use, and no one can get you real credit card # even if then grab it from IE. Quite a few companies are doing it right now, the ones I know for certain as I have the cards are Citi and ATT.

Good luck and I hope you get the money back.

Kit

Thank you very much Donna, Jes,Dutchie, Rhonda and Kit.I have not spoken to a lawyer. In the consumer service of my bank they say I have to make a reclamation in one of the offices of the bank and it is closed untill the next Monday. I appreciate your support and suggestions. If it is neccesary I will cancel my credit card and I will request a new one. Thank you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.