and yet another system... JNL fusion

nightowl81

Cathlete
Jennifer Nicole Lee has a system coming out called jnl fusion. I don't know much about her, so I watched some of her youtube videos, she seems like she might get a little annoying, but her workouts look pretty good. light weights with cardio seem to work well for me weightloss wise.

and I read she used to be 200+ pounds and is now 125!?!? She is also 5'9" about same height as me, I can't ever imagine weighing what she does... kinda surprised she weighs so little since it looks like she has a decent amount of muscle. I know her system won't have me looking like her, but it's tempting to try...

anyone familiar with her workouts or ebooks?

I'm a fan of hers

I'm a fan of hers I like her personal story on how she went from over weight to winning a bikini contest a few years in a row.
I have tried her workouts(challenges) that she posted on youtube. They're good if you want a short but intense workout. I'm not sure about getting her dvd's tho. I REALLY love Cathe and her way of teaching on her dvds. I noticed that JNL's dvds she doesn't do all the exercises because she stops to instruct on form,for me I don't care for it. I have been a long time fan of JNL's tho.
If you do buy the JNL fusion will you please post your thoughts on it?

That is intriguing. I like that in the youtube video on her front page she has the 'diet diva' on to talk about the fact that how you look is 80% your diet and 20% your workouts. Thats honesty. I also like that her focus is on a bikini style body not a buffed out body builder style (not that there is anything really wrong, but its not what I'm personally after.)

I did get this set, I just received it last week (shipping was a little slow) so I just previewed a few workouts so far (thinking of maybe doing it with Jillian Micheal's system).

So far from what I see I like them, but I knew I would like them since cardio/strength workouts like this help me lose weight the quickest.

you go at your own pace for the 30 seconds. She'll do a strength move and then a cardio move and repeat it 3 times for the circuit. She mentions having the gymboss timer and that you can get it from her site (she also mentions the bands and some protein shakes, also says you can get them from her site, so a little self promotion during the workouts), but I thought it would of been nice if she included them in the set.

Even though some moves are the same old, she tries to put a little twist or as she calls it JNL style moves, like with burpees you do a quick knee ins when you get to plank. There are some talk breaks, but that's ok with me since I need breaks to get water and catch my breath for the next move, if you are someone that needs to keep moving you could just use the ropeless jump rope. There also are no warmups, but I see from her youtube videos she tells you to speed rope for 5 minutes to warm up, so I guess she expects you to do that with these workouts as well. and yes, most of the time she's just walking around and talking to the backround exercisers. (Jillian does the same thing, I guess some instructors are worried about messing their hair and makeup :p)

If you like her youtube workouts, you'd probably like these, they are similar but with the DVDs you can follow along.

I've never heard of her before. Is her system how she actually lost weight and got into shape? I often wonder this about all the systems out there. Do they lose weight by extreme measures and then come up with a "system" attach a story to it so consumers will be under the assumption that that particular system made that person look so phenomenal. No disrespect to her at all and this is not meant as a personal criticism at her at all, it was more that this post got me thinking about all this!

Ive seen her videos but she is too much "JNL fusion" attitude more annoying to me than Jillian and she's pretty annoying. Ive been doing the bodyrock and ZWow workouts. Recently adding in the fire starter workouts with great results.

Carmen

I've never heard of her before. Is her system how she actually lost weight and got into shape? I often wonder this about all the systems out there. Do they lose weight by extreme measures and then come up with a "system" attach a story to it so consumers will be under the assumption that that particular system made that person look so phenomenal. No disrespect to her at all and this is not meant as a personal criticism at her at all, it was more that this post got me thinking about all this!

I'm a skeptic here. She has the body of a bodybuilder/figure competitor. I doubt you can put on muscle doing circuits like this. Good calorie burner, but not a muscle builder.

good question.. and the same could be said for any instructor's system, usually it's NOT what they do to be in the shape they are in.

I haven't seen anything where JNL says what she actually did to lose weight and be in the shape she is in. I thought her youtube videos were showing her actual workouts. She always has light weights, but she does look like she lifts more.

JNL has muscle, but when I look at Zuzana Light's videos, where she mostly does bodyweight exercises and is still really strong and has quite a bit of muscle also. Maybe it's the 80% of diet makes up their results thing :)

Stacy-here a link to her story. on how she lost all that weight. great story. You can also check out all her youtube videos.
From Fat Mom To Sexy Model: Jennifer Nicole Lee (New Video) - YouTube

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.