Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers, etc July 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Prevention's Kickstart Your Metabolism - Cardio Segment 15" (kickbox) followed by The Firm - Cardio Overdrive. Cardio was 50" and I burned 411 calories. Not a very intense workout. I was sort of bummed....but I was babying my foot a bit. I guess I'm gonna have to start using the bike and Ellipitical more and I dread those. These stress fractures seem to occur the same time every year....late June or early July.

Have great workouts everyone. Seether & Finger Eleven tonight!! Woohoo! I'm leaving work a bit early ...hopefully.

PS.....work sucked yesterday. The one lady (the one with breast cancer) went off on me big time. I was not happy and they knew it. Apparently, she's going to be replaced and asked to work part-time (my fitness friend is the Sales Manager and he told me in confidence since he found me in tears in the lunch room eating my salad because of this).

Good Morning, Lora, and all who follow!

Lora, what the hell is up with that? Why would she go off on you like that? Hopefully the mood around there lightens when she leaves.

Wendy, I'm so looking for a new form of cardio. It doesn't sound like KB's are exactly what I'm looking for right now, but are on the wish list for after Afterburn. I'd like to follow AB as closely as possible. I'm just getting sick of the elliptical (my tread is on the fritz AGAIN x( ).

That being said, I did HIIT on the elliptical this morning, four rounds, and then did 20 mintues of steady state. My hams are sore today from all the RDLs I did yesterday.

Gotta work a little ;)

BBS~

Jen

Good Morning:)

Actually, its closer to afternoon now. I had a good night at work last night and tonight should be even better. No flights = no work;)

Lora** So sorry you had to go through that! What a *itch! It would be nice if you could just seperate yourself from these people and just do your own work. When I use to cut hair, I hated the people I worked for and I hated Mon monrings even more. How many times did I say to DH on Mon mornings, I hate where I work, as I was getting dressed.My boss was so negative and on Mon mornings, if we weren't busy, her DH would come to work with her,and their dog,then they would sit there eating their breakfast and I use to have to listen to what they did that weekend! OR they just talked about whoever else wasn't there at the time. Like I cared! Soooo happy to be away from that place!

Jen** Good job with the workout today:) DOMS is grrrrrrrreat!:)

Speaking of DOMS, I have a little bit kicking in from yesterday weight workout. Today is gonna be another run. I was also hoping to fit a leg workout in but its getting close to nap time and I have a feeling that DS will be sleeping while I am running.

BBL!
Lori:)

Hey Girls.

Jen: Oh ok you are looking for a new cardio option...well kettlebell work outs have a cardio factor in them but no, I would not classify them as a cardio workout. They are definately more weight training then anything. Sorry about that.

Plan to do KBYW with my 20# kb after a quick nap!

BBL~

Howdy Ladies:)

Did a short run outside today, about 4 miles, not sure what I was thinking when I decided to venture out into this heat! Ugh...way to warm and muggy! I don't even know how I am gonna get ready for work later! After my run I put DS down for his nap and then I did B&G's:)
Now I can stop my whining regarding weights b/c I have hit every muscle group now. I have a feeling that I am going to have some nice DOMS tomorrow! My legs were on fire!!!

Wendy** You should change your name to "napping cheetah" LOL You sure do like those naps! hehe!

BBL!

Lori

Lori: I was never a napper before having my son. In fact, when he was an infant who did not sleep through the night I STILL wasn't a napper (when I SHOULD have been!). I only really became a napper once I started working p/t in the gym babysitting room. I think dealing with all of those kids creates more stress on my body then my work outs do! LOL I'm not a "kid person" so it really takes it toll on me when they misbehave. Oh well...ya do what ya gotta do!:)

Just finished my work out. I did The Kettlebell Way with my 20# KB and OH MY LORD! The last time I did this work out was with the 15# and I skipped the breaks to make it tougher. NOT this time! I NEEDED those breaks to survive! LOL I've never felt my glutes soooo much as I did doing the 2 straight minutes of swings with a 20# kb!}( I have a feeling DOMS is headed my way again tomorrow!!!:7

Gotta grab a shower and get ready to head out. If I have time before leaving I will pop back in though.

Ciao Bellas!:+

Jen: I just wanted to clarify really quick the kettlebell work DEFINATELY has a strong cardio factor to it. You WILL get a cardio work out while doing it BUT I would not replace cardio with it as it still involves weight training. It's definately something that would fall in the category of weights or MAYBE a circuit since both resistance and cardio are involved. This is why Sunny and I used it to replace a weight work out in Alwyn's progam as opposed to a cardio work out. HTH a bit. You should look into them anyway. They really kick butt!}(

Wendy, thanks for that info. I'm very interested in them, I'm just not sure I can fit them in right now. I really want to stick with Alwyn's weight workouts, and I'd love to find a new vehicle for HIIT. We'll see, maybe I should just suck it up and keep using what I've got. Really, that last thing I NEED is more fitness stuff. That doesn't stop me from WANTing though! }( }( At some point, I will incorporate Kettlebells, without a doubt. You make them sound SO *WICKEDLY* GOOD!

BBL~

Jen

Hi all !

Missed checking in today - too busy before work and work was a bust too.

Did my workout this AM - Low Max 1-4 and LIS core = 55 minutes. Felt good. I sure get tired using an 8" step these days.

Lora - bummer about your co-worker, but sounds like things may be better soon. Glad to hear you were good to your food. Still seems like you got a good workout in what taking care of it. I get foot cramps during the summer because I go barefoot so much or wear sandals. I try to wear shoes as much as possible to alleviate that.

Jen - hope you find another source of HIIT - it's such a bummer when you dread your workout. Guess that's why NROLW is getting a break from me.}(

Lori - bummer about your weather lately. Rain, hot and humid - how's a girl supposed to get in a good run, huh? Have fun "playing" at work since you don't have anything to do !:7

Wendy - the local "nap queen" - http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_50.gif Hope you got a good one in and had fun with your workout. LOL about starting naps after you kids - I'd give anything to be able to sleep all night these days ! I think you also need to be labelled "enabler queen" too !

Jen: So I take it you don't do Cathe's cardio? IMAX blast only premixes are great for HIIT! Why haven't you repeated the HIIT on the highstep that I created several weeks back? }( You could take ANY intense move and turn it into an HIIT work out. How about fast feet or footballs runs on and off the step? There's probably TONS of things you could do!

Jacque: It's good to take a break if the rotation you are doing has too much dread factor going on in it. I really want to do another P90X rotation because I got great results the first time by 3 solid months is a LOOOOONG time to do the same work outs! I STILL wonder how I managed to get through it!LOL I am continually bouncing around ideas for my next rotation. A part of me just wants to continue with the bells for another month after this....}(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.