Alcohol.............

undrcvr25

Hello All
What is the best low calorie alcoholic drink to have without ruining all the hard work I have put in to my workouts?
I dont drink often at all but once in a awhile it is nice to go have a drink with friends. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Enjoy the weekend!!

I've always heard that you should drink the white alcohols with club sodas or water mix, and maybe a lime or lemon if you like. But you should always stay away from the juice mixers with alcohol:) . Of course this is what I was told about 4 years ago LOL LOL. I also hear a glass of red wine wouldn't hurt. I myself really don't drink so it would be interesting to see what everyone else says.

Poli

I don't drink very often, but when I do I like Mike's Light Lemonades. They are under 100 calories per 12/oz bottle..kind of taste like a wine cooler but not so sweet. Light beer isn't too bad either.

Anything w/ mixers you should avoid, mostly because the mixers are usually so high in calories. If you drink diet soda, a hard alcohol mixed w/ that isn't too bad either.

Take care, Lynn M.

White wine I believe is actually a little less calories than red, also Mich Ultra is good beer choice.
Go to www.calorieking.com & click on "browse foods" it will then give you a list to choose from & there is a category for alcohol that tells what the calorie count is for most! Then you just need to choose wisely on what you mix with, diet soda being the best of course b/c no calories! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.