Aerobic instructors

MRSchultz

Cathlete
Aerobics Instructors:

Just wondering, if you don't mind me prying, what do you make per our for teaching an aerobics class?

I was asked to teach at another facility and just wondered what the rate was so I don't underestimate. I currently teach step aerobics through our community education program so it's not much. I thought I could get a good idea from some of you.

Thanks,
Marcia.

I used to make around $20 an hour working for a recreational facility. I think they pay less than most 'expensive' gyms but I liked working for them much better.

HTH
Carolyn

In my area it depends on how many certs you have and your ability to teach different formats. Starting rate for the big chain gyms in my area are around $15-$20 (again depending on certs, etc). I had 2 national certs and could teach all formats and my rate was $35 per hour. I did however, start at $28.50 and rec'd increases based on performance reviews over the years.

I have a degree in Kinesiology, NASM-CPT and ACE-GFI. I can teach every format except for step (ironic since I love Cathe) and I gross about $22 a class.

Good luck,

Shayne

I get $22.50 per class, even though some classes are one hour and others are 45 minutes. The pay is the same. I am certified by AFAA and teach at a hospital wellness center. When i teach classes that are 1.25 hours, I get $25. Hope this helps:);-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.