Aerobic Flooring-Did Anyone Make their Own?

missolive

Hi Everyone!
We are finally going to change part of the basement into my aerobic area! I have been doing lots of research on flooring. I am looking for something similar to Cathe's floor. Did anyone do the StageStep do-it-yourself installation? Is it really tall? Height is an issue in the basement.
Has anyone bought Sports Court flooring? I had a sample, but honestly, I wasn't too impressed-I wonder how an entire floor of it looks and feels.
I've read lots about the puzzle mat-type flooring, so I am all set with that information!
Thanks so much for your input!

I sure did, just a few weeks ago. Here's the thread I started with the details, and links to pictures:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=500557&mesg_id=500557&listing_type=search

It did add a few inches of height, about 3-4 I think. If you look at the pictures, there is a low-hanging air duct that I now bang my hand on when I'm jumping with my hands up on one side of the step. I use a 6 inch step.

Now that I've had it a few weeks, I can say that it is definitely easier on my knees for jumping. Unfortunately I seem to have hurt my right foot (I'm not sure how...I don't think it has anything to do with the floor), so I've been laying off step for now. Looking forward to getting back to it, though.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.