Advice: Nursing Sports Bra

melanalyus

Cathlete
Just getting back to fitness after a difficult twins pregnancy....now my boobs are having trouble with all the jumping!!! My pre-pregnancy sports bras are difficult to put on (so they are tight)....but don't offer enough support for my rather large (and sometimes full) breasts.

Can anyone suggest a sports bra? I know with past pregnancies it's not something that lasts throughout nursing period....just the first couple of months. I'd like to be able to do high-impact exercises again.

Thanks!

Hey Melanie! I know how full my boobs got/get nursing one - can't imagine the milk production on TWO!!!! :D:D:D:D

The sports bras I wore post-partum were Lily of France. They strap just like a regular bra, are very supportive and kept my jugs very well in place! :p I got them at Kohl's.

Good luck!

congrats! i am still ebf my 15mo. i prefer underwires but i understand most ppl dont while nursing. both champion and moving comfort have some no wire sports bra that look decent but i havent tried them.

my faves:

http://www.championusa.com/Champion...-Champion/women_bras_usa-Champion/CH6843.aspx

http://www.championusa.com/Champion...n_SportsBras_HighSupport-Champion/CH6209.aspx

http://www.movingcomfort.com/product/101705/350011/_/Maia_Bra

if you use herroom.com or barenecessities.com, you can order multiples in different sizes and just return what doesnt work. thats basically what i did, ordered a million and ended up with these 3. it was just so much easier than trying to try on in a store let along finding my size...

good luck with bra shopping! enjoy those babies!

Hey Melanie! I love love love Champion sports bras that are sold at Target (about $16). They are comfy and not too tight and binding. I double up on them when I'm doing cardio. They are well-made too. Hope this helps!

Hope you and your girls are doing well! (Baby girls, that is. :eek: LOL)

Thanks gals! I've always used Champion sports bras in past. Stephanie, I am not sure that I could get two of my bras on? Unless I wore my nursing bra under my sports bra?

The "girls" are a little bit sore nowadays....but the baby girls are doing great. :D LOL You ladies are so funny!!!

melanie, i forgot to mention that the ones i like all have back closures like a regular bra. i found this much easier on heavy/sore breasts than trying to pull a tight one down over your head.

That sounds heavenly, Wendy!!! It's very painful to get them over my head...then over my boobies. LOL

I am ordering a couple today!!!

I just ordered over $300 worth of sports bras at barenecessities.com!!! *YIKES* Hopefully I can find one that works well (will return the others with their no hassle returns policy).

Thanks for your recomendations, girls. I just got Insanity in mail yesterday...but there is NO way I can start that program without a real good tight solid sports bra. LOL ;)

I just wanted to say the babies are beautiful. Congratulations! I just used my regular ol sports bras and just lifted them from the bottom when I needed to feed. I never liked having to deal with the snaps and such on nursing bras.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.