Advanced supersets-style weight lifting dvd

Skyy2, I totally get where you are coming from. I appreciate you speaking up because there is a lot of manipulation online and you have to be aware. I read this forum daily and get tons of great info from other avid exercisers. It truly is an invaluable resource.

I hope you will not be intimidated to post in the future as I think you definitely have some thoughtful input and a differing insight or viewpoint is always good to bring to the table.

Take care,
Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

This thread sounds scripted TO ME.

It is not directed at any one particular poster on this thread.

TO ME… It reads more like an advertisement for a product. I read more about how to purchase the product, than what makes the product different from anything already mentioned. I haven’t been a member for YEARS and I too have ALL of Cathe’s DVD’s. In fact.. I have most if not ALL of Beachbody’s DVD’s. I am aware that this is an OPEN forum.
I can state my opinion.
Even if the OP didn’t feel the nudge…. I did. Even if the 1000 people who read this thread didn’t feel the nudge… I did. I’m a member too.
The funny thing about sales is…. I don’t have to say “I’m trying to sell you something” – to sell you something. All I have to do is nudge.
:(

Skyy2,
I understand what you're saying. Whether you want to believe it or not, ALL workout forums have this underlying element to them. The more excited we are about a workout, the more we talk about it, the more it sells. Have you ever told a good friend about a great product that you love and are excited about? That's all we are doing here and believe me, there are hundreds and thousands of threads like this on this forum alone.

I have been a member of this forum and Video Fitness forum for years, and one thing is for certain.....We are all pretty much workout dvd enablers! LOL

I've been enabled to purchase... Ryyka's, Cathe's tower, vest, firewalker bands, gloves, STS t-shirt, Latisse...the list goes on! LOL
I own 100's of DVD's from threads like this one (Cathe, Beach Body, Jari Love, Amy Bento, Squeeze, to name a few).
I began with one Cathe series (Pyramids), found this forum, and now own every single workout Cathe workout on DVD, PLUS all the downloads!!!!

The video fitness forum calls this buying "band wagons". None of us intend to "sell", but we are so excited about a new workout, so we SHARE. That is what these community forums are for....sharing, right?:)

The reason there is discussion as to how to purchase this particular product is because Beach Body did not release it mainstream for several weeks.
They released it to customers who have a Team Beach Body account.
I know the beach body coaches on this forum, and none of them have participated in this thread. Even if they did, they do not cross the line IMO.

*We didn't discuss what makes this product different from anything else because the OP ask us for workouts with advanced super sets. I posted a clip that demonstrates the super sets. Body Beast is straight forward, old school (with some new school) weight lifting. It's simple to the point. If you love STS, you love Body Beast.*

Dela and I have been doing Body Beast for weeks and checking in together over on the Video Fitness forum.
BTW, I'm back to doing STS. I had hoped & wished for STS 2, and to me, this program fulfills that wish. I'm planning to rotate between STS, Body Beast, Jamie Eason's Live Fit, and X Train now until 2013. :cool:

I'm a little surprised you are not aware of the enabling that goes on these forums. If you stick around here, you'll end up owning every single Cathe dvd, and then some!

Last edited:
I own all of Cathe's workouts except STS and love her workouts. I was simply looking for a specific type of workout and knew I would get helpful answers if I posted it.

STS is a great program and worth getting if you don't mind all the equipment. Some people do not like it because of the equipment. If you don't want the entire program, Meso 2 has super sets. Of all the meso's 2 is my favorite. It has the most variety and it is designed for muscle growth.

I'm not sure what your goals are, but STS and Body Beast are similar, muscle building/strength programs. Body Beast does not require all the equipment STS and the workouts are shorter than STS. Body Beast splits are 6 days a week and STS split is 3 days a week.

I have stated that STS was my best purchase 2009 (year it was released) and I will say that Body Beast is my best purchase of 2012. :cool:

Is cardio included with Body Beast or do you add your own?

There is one cardio day in the rotation that is very similar to Cathe's metabolic workouts. I often sub Crossfire or Athletic Training for Beast Cardio.
All the workouts with the exception of shoulders raise my heart rate and leave me sweaty. Sagi's leg day rivals Cathe's tough leg workouts.

It's designed as a muscle building program,and cardio siphons calories needed for muscle growth. The diet is insanely high calorie! :eek: Cathe's short tabata's from Crossfire/TTM work great with this program. ;)

I've been enabled to purchase... Ryyka's, Cathe's tower, vest, firewalker bands, gloves, STS t-shirt, Latisse...the list goes on! LOL
I own 100's of DVD's from threads like this one (Cathe, Beach Body, Jari Love, Amy Bento, Squeeze, to name a few).
I began with one Cathe series (Pyramids), found this forum, and now own every single workout Cathe workout on DVD, PLUS all the downloads!!!!

I had to smile at this comment because I am wearing my new Rykas that I was enabled to buy right now!!!

This thread sounds scripted TO ME.

It is not directed at any one particular poster on this thread.

TO ME… It reads more like an advertisement for a product. I read more about how to purchase the product, than what makes the product different from anything already mentioned. I haven’t been a member for YEARS and I too have ALL of Cathe’s DVD’s. In fact.. I have most if not ALL of Beachbody’s DVD’s. I am aware that this is an OPEN forum.
I can state my opinion.
Even if the OP didn’t feel the nudge…. I did. Even if the 1000 people who read this thread didn’t feel the nudge… I did. I’m a member too.
The funny thing about sales is…. I don’t have to say “I’m trying to sell you something” – to sell you something. All I have to do is nudge.
:(

Hi Skyy2,

There were a couple threads recently that talked about the workout structure of Body Beast which might be why it didn't come up on here....plus no one really asked! From what I have read, BB works only muscle group per day to the point of complete exhaustion. I believe it is a 5-6 day a week program -- I think one of those days is cardio though.

Personally, I think it's nice that you were trying to look at for Cathe. Cathe is so nice that it's hard not to like her and to look out for her. I especially like how she will conversate with us on Facebook and here on the forums. She never feels like a celebrity -- more like a friend that you work out with every day.

Have a great day!
Stacie

Last edited:
I had to smile at this comment because I am wearing my new Rykas that I was enabled to buy right now!!!

I can remember back in the day when I used one or two workout video tapes everyday.:p Jane Fonda and Cher. I found Cathe on the internet. I never knew you could lift weights to video. My husband and I used paper workouts.

If you don't want to be swayed into buying something, hit the back button or stop logging in here! :eek::eek::eek: I'm 50 years old, began logging in here at 44. :D
The Video Fitness Forum is worse because there are a lot of members posting daily. Cathe's forum has dwindled in the past year or so. Most of the original Cathletes have moved onto Facebook.

I don't think Cathe needs looking out for. Her productions are in a league of their very own.
I loved P90X, until the release of STS. IMO...STS blows P90x out of the water.
I wish and still hope for STS 2, although I think X-Train is suppose to have elements of STS. Body Beast complements STS. I like to switch things ups. I switched to STS after 8 weeks of beast because I needed the change. I still do Cathe cardio even when I'm not using her for weight training.

The only thing that is not permitted on this forum is the selling of Beach Body Coaches. The only way a coach can sell is to post a link to their webpage. No one has done that in this thread. Someone mentioned Total Fitness DVD's. That website sells Cathe dvds as well.

I'm not a coach, would never consider it. I love discussing workouts. That is what this forum is for. I would consider it rude to post about Beach Body workouts in the STS or Cathe DVD forum, but this is Open discussion.
I'm personally insulted by skyy2's accusations. IMO, they are completely out of line.

Last edited:
Skyy2,
I understand what you're saying. Whether you want to believe it or not, ALL workout forums have this underlying element to them. The more excited we are about a workout, the more we talk about it, the more it sells. Have you ever told a good friend about a great product that you love and are excited about? That's all we are doing here and believe me, there are hundreds and thousands of threads like this on this forum alone.

I have been a member of this forum and Video Fitness forum for years, and one thing is for certain.....We are all pretty much workout dvd enablers! LOL

The video fitness forum calls this buying "band wagons". None of us intend to "sell", but we are so excited about a new workout, so we SHARE. That is what these community forums are for....sharing, right?:)

The reason there is discussion as to how to purchase this particular product is because Beach Body did not release it mainstream for several weeks.
They released it to customers who have a Team Beach Body account.
I know the beach body coaches on this forum, and none of them have participated in this thread. Even if they did, they do not cross the line IMO.

*We didn't discuss what makes this product different from anything else because the OP ask us for workouts with advanced super sets. I posted a clip that demonstrates the super sets. Body Beast is straight forward, old school (with some new school) weight lifting. It's simple to the point. If you love STS, you love Body Beast.*

Dela and I have been doing Body Beast for weeks and checking in together over on the Video Fitness forum.
BTW, I'm back to doing STS. I had hoped & wished for STS 2, and to me, this program fulfills that wish. I'm planning to rotate between STS, Body Beast, Jamie Eason's Live Fit, and X Train now until 2013. :cool:

I'm a little surprised you are not aware of the enabling that goes on these forums. If you stick around here, you'll end up owning every single Cathe dvd, and then some!

Thank you for this reply.

I may have been wrong... I guess my military training and my study of NLP and hypnotic writing makes me see patterns of persuasions everywhere.. it could happen, wouldn’t you say?

Thank you for this reply.

I may have been wrong... I guess my military training and my study of NLP and hypnotic writing makes me see patterns of persuasions everywhere.. it could happen, wouldn’t you say?

Absolutely! It does!
My video collection and workout equipment is living proof.

Thank you for this response. Your posts reads as though we have something to gain by praising this program. I promise you, I have nothing to gain other than the satisfaction of discussing my dvd collection.

On a side note, if you are contacted by a Beach Body coach on this forum...it is against the rules on this forum and the VF. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.