Abs Tape

kimmy0169

Cathlete
Can anyone recommend a video that has several good short abdominal routines. I really do not want a tape that works that abs for 1/2 hour. I don't feel it is necessary. I currently am using the The Firm 5 day abs and I love the time length for each workout. The outfits may be outdated, but I do not get caught up in stuff like that because the abdominal workout is good.

Thanks.

From the "Videos" page of this site:

Ab Hits - VHS DVD contains 7 different abdominal and core conditioning workouts from: Maximum Intensity Strength, Power Circuit, Kickbox, Body Max, Slow Heavy/Chest Back & Abs and Slow Heavy Biceps/triceps/abs. The dvd version of Ab Hits contains ab workouts from 5 additional videos.

Sounds like what you might be looking for!! I also have Firm 5-day abs, but haven't used it in a while. I LOVE Susan Harris's ab section from the original Firm, Volume One!! That one is still a killer for me!! Outdated? No way!! LOL!! I agree - a killer ab routine is still a killer ab routine ... even 15 years later!!

Carol
:)

I just got an excellent ab DVD with three, 20-minute workouts using the stability ball, which are progressively more difficult. It starts with and intermediate/advanced routine, then phase 2 is advanced, and phase 3 even more advanced! I know it's not as short as you are looking for, but each exercise is a chapter point, so you could skip some of them. And there is a 5-minute warm-up with each workout, which you could skip if you do it after another workout (though the stabilization and core activation moves are very nice!

Oh, I guess I should tell you what it is!
"Swiss Ball Abs" by Adam Ford (who is a former professional biker, and works as a neuromuscular therapist--a type of PT? the cues he gives really show his background in PT: tongue on the roof of the mouth, behind the teeth when doing crunches, for example). I got it at amazon.

Hi!

If you like 5 Day Abs, you might also want to try "More 5 Day Abs" which also has five workouts from other Firm tapes; these are also about the same length as 5 Day Abs.

I also recommend Keli Roberts' "Your Best Body: Abs & More". This tape has 4 progressively difficult ab routines. This workout has made a huge difference in my core strength and muscle tone. But, correct form is absolutely crucial for getting the best results from this workout. It takes a couple of tries to get the hang of it if all you're used to doing is crunches for your abs. For me, this tape is a nice balance between traditional ab work and pilates style ab workouts that are sometimes up to 30 minutes long. The movements are very slow and precise; you must focus on resisting momentum.

Here's the workout breakdown
Section 1 - 6 min - Beg/Int
Section 2 - 10 min - Int
Section 3 - 9 min - Int/Adv
Section 4 - 13 min - Adv

Take care!
Faiza-

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.