A squirrel ate my computer cables!

LauraMax

Cathlete
And it gets worse. This little guy has been living in my ceiling for months. The ACO supposedly put some repellent, but it didn't work, so I figured WTH, he's just building a winter nest, I'll just leave him alone. I even named him Rocky. I thought he was my friend.

Well, as it turns out, he's not my friend. He's my enemy. He was building his nest out of computer cables. Yesterday my computer died. The IT guy peeked in the drop ceiling & discovered the problem. So the ACO guy crawls into the ceiling to flush out Rocky.

The flipping ceiling collapsed. I now not only don't have a computer, I also have no office. :eek: (no one was hurt, thank goodness)

So I'm sitting at someone else's desk waiting for the IT guy to get back from his dr. appt. I can't even check email. The mayor sent me a zillion tasks yesterday & I have no idea what they are. I'm dying here! :(

No word on Rocky's survival or relocation.

Been there!

Oooh, Laura, I've been in that situation! I had a squirrel (maybe more) living in my attic! It sounded like it was using power tools up there -- it was so loud! And chewed on stuff, left a mess (guess what kind?), and just drove me crazy! (I work at home.)

I finally had to call somebody to trap the creature and get it out of there. But here's something important: Have the trapper figure out where it got in so you can have that sealed up, or you'll probably get more. We were fortunate because our person did that and he sealed it too, and we never had any more after that.

I'm not kidding: It sounded like there were 50 of them up there, wearing army boots and using jackhammers!

Good luck!

That's CRAZY! I don't have any similar situations but just wanted to say - OMG!

Keep us updated,

Clarissa

But here's something important: Have the trapper figure out where it got in so you can have that sealed up, or you'll probably get more.

<sigh> been there, done that, like a zillion times. This building was built in 1890. I don't think they'll ever find all the holes in the damn roof!

Thanks for the suggestion though. :p

I'm just getting very nervous--I know I have some time sensitive stuff sitting in my inbox & I'm kinda crapping my pants!

Oh Laura! That's terrible! It's one of those things that's sort of cute and funny in theory, but just awful in reality. Good luck getting your office and your computer back.

Chipmunk in my dryer!

3 weeks ago I started my gas dryer and after about 3 minutes heard some scratching, like something noisy was in the dryer, maybe sneakers, which there wasn't. I started it again and determined it was something trying to run up the vent! I thought it was a mouse that had gotten into the outside vent opening and fell down the vent into the bottom of the dryer (imagine that ride-poor animal on its back, arms and legs splayed out and a big smile on his/her face-WHEE!)

Trying to trap it into a bag out of the dryer was unsuccessful, as he/she escaped over the opening when I wasn't looking (it took its sweet time coming out).That's when I saw it was a chipmunk!

So now we have no idea where it is-we've had a "Have-a-heart" trap set up all this time, but it hasn't taken the bait. I fear we'll have to take everything out of the basement to figure out where it is! My only hope is he found a way out, which also means others can find a different way in. We've since fixed the outer vent opening which was stuck.

I hope your situations gets resolved soon! It's so frustrating to have such little animals interrupt our lives in such a big way!! Damn little chippies and squirrels!

Doreen

The chimpmunk in the dryer story brought back a memory from when I was a kid. My grandmother was very sick, and my mother had been spending alot of time at the hospital. The laundry had piled up, and I had run out of things to wear, so I thought I would just wash my own clothes. Now, we lived out in the country and there were a lot of field mice. I opened the top to the washer and this mouse jumped up so high he was almost at eye level--scared the crap out of me! I was home alone and didn't know what to do, so, well, (please remember I was just a kid) I started the washer.:eek:

My mother said everyone at the hospital had quite a laugh over that one the next day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.