A reasonably healthy carb fix

cakebaker

Cathlete
Mind you, I'm a, what we used to refer to as a "big eater," meaning I can pack away a lot of grub at one time. I have one cheat day a week, but still try to get as much bang as possible for my calorie buck. Here is a decadent carb fix I came up with this weekend - Fiber One pancakes topped with Yoplait Light Apple Turnover yogurt. Simply outrageous, and satisfying to my sweet tooth. If you haven't tried that Yoplait Light with the yummy flavors, you must!

Much better than 1/3 of a Pepperidge Farm layer cake, right? Anyone else care to share their "sort-of" healthy carb fix(es)?

Last edited:
So simple a carb craving caveman can do it...

That sounds so good! How do you make the Fiber One pancakes?

....just add water to the pancake mix, and grill 'em up on your griddle or pan sprayed with Pam. They are just SO good, I can't tell you!

The Fiber One bars are good, too.

I've just recently discovered Fiber One pancakes and they're great. My DH even eats them and he hates healthy food. One serving fills me up where I'd usually have to eat a double serving of regular pancakes to feel full.

I also agree about the Fiber One Bars. They're great. I like the Oats & Chocolate the best. I've recently been eating the Caramel & Oats which are not quite as good but I dip them into a little bit of Naturally More Peanut Butter and then I like them much better.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.