A Jump Rope Cardio Workout

libra32

Cathlete
Cathe,

How about creating a cardio workout, using a jump rope? I'd love this because it's relatively low impact, yet high intensity (and in my opinion, fun!) with fat/caloric burning benefits. I love how rope jumping improves coordination, timing, endurance and muscle toning. And since a jump rope would be the only equipment needed in addition to the DVD/tape, it would be less expensive and easier to take on vacations/travels. I know some of your workouts include moments where you "mime" rope jumping without the jump rope and I've always enjoyed them. Now that I've pleaded my case, hopefully you'll consider :)

Thanks!
Libra32

I only cask, Cathe, that if you do this, please have someone doing the same moves but without the jump rope! Some of us have low ceilings and/or not enough room to use the actual rope, so having someone mimic the jump rope movements at all times would be a big help!

Sanchia

I'd go for this---with or without the actual jump rope. It should make for a pretty good cardio workout, and with Cathe's creativity and cueing, it should also make for a fun workout.

}(

Leslie L.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.