Açai berry question

cendrine

Cathlete
I posted this in the open discussion forum as well.

Have any of you researched the Açai berry claims?

How good is it? Do any of you know anything about it?

Hello
Check the clean eating post above this post. The link has a lot of info about the berry.I also have been looking into what this berry does.I also clicked the link on msn about it. It says some doctor was talking about its benifits on the Oprah show. It gives a free trial.

One of the best

Acaci is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. It has all the essential fatty acids as well as fiber. I like to buy it from the health food store here in Atlanta and I get it in the smoothie pack form. You can also order it from www.Sambazon.com. The green packs are sweetened and my 2 girls and I love to eat the Acaci directly from the pack just like a popcicle. The dark purple packs are totally unsweetened so you can use your own sweetner. The flavor is amazing but be careful because it stains EVERYTHING!! You can also use these packs in smoothies or use them to make the traditional brazilian breakfast of the Acaci bowl which includes acaci, banana, granola blended (delicious!!!!). I discovered Acaci several years back(even before it became a fad) and have been eating it ever since.

Thanks so much for responding!

I checked out the website, it looks great! I will also see if my whole foods store has the smoothie packs!

Do you take them every day or on occasion? Are they as energy boosting as they say?

I'm going to give them a try.

I saw they have powder for scooping too. Have you tried that one? I wonder, because it's powder it probably looses some of its potency... What do you think?

I do not do them everyday just because they are so expensive. Just on occasion. The taste is so great that if I could do them everyday I would. I have not tried the powder so I am not sure how it taste mixed in the smoothie but I am sure the health benefits of it are just as good. Just make sure if you are going to eat the frozen packs directly out of the package like we do at my house to get the green ones because they are pre-sweetened. Also, if you sign up for their newsletter via email they send out coupons every once and awhile so you can get discounts on their products.

To answer the energy question...yes they do give you energy (at least the smoothie packs do) because they have a small amount of guarana in them which is like caffeine.

I think wether you eat them everyday or just on occasion it is still a great food to consume.

Thanks for the tip on the newsletter coupons! That is good to know! I think I'll go and sign up noe.... :)

Hey, is that you in the avatar? If so, you look really super fit!!!!

I wish it was me. It is actually Jennifer Nicole Lee. Have you ever heard of her? She was on the Oprah show last year. She was an overweight mother of 2 who got in shape and decided to enter a fitness contest. She won and has become really well known since then. I really look up to her because like her I also have 2 kids and know the struggles of trying to lose that post baby weight. Here is her website in case you want to check her out. She also has a blog at the bodybuilding website as well which is really informational.

I discovered her when I saw her first cover on the fitness magazine Oxygen. Her transformation is incredible.

http://www.jennifernicolelee.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jenlee.htm

I remember seeing her site now that you mention it. She has accoplished a lot!

I'm a mom of two little kids too, and fit moms always inspire me!

To answer the energy question...yes they do give you energy (at least the smoothie packs do) because they have a small amount of guarana in them which is like caffeine.
The unsweetened packs don't contain guarana.
Those are the ones I use (why pay for sugar?).
I don't notice any energy boost, but I love the taste.

THanks for the info! I am actually not thinking of buying the sugared version, so this is good to know!

May I just say thank you for your post on the protein thread suggesting to use tea with the smoothies! I didn't much like my vanilla powder, but I blended it with flavored tea and berries the other day and it tasted so much better! THanks so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.