50 and over week of Sept 20-26 check in

JannR

Cathlete
I jumped on the treadmill to get some cardio in and help warm up my legs so that I could get a good stretch in... Oh my legs from disc 3 :p

Workout cards are done for Week 2!

Let's work-work ladies!

Hi, Y'All.

Jann, I did the bonus from Disc 3, too. I have been taking Advil since then, BTW. My legs are not so sore, but my behind sure is!

I am working on my dining room/workout room. We only use it for a dining room when having company over for dinner. It's a decent size, and the table folds up pretty small, so there is more room in there and wall space. It's time for annual cleaning, anyhow, so I am budgeting in as much time as possible to get it fixed up.

Hope Joan & her Mom are okay.

Hi, there, Beth, Cathy and Tricia.

Have a great evening!

Magnolia

Well.....Hello Everyone! I am hoping to join this thread from an invitation from my Friend Jann. I just turned 57 in August and have enjoyed Cathe for about 3 years now. I may not be really chatty, but I'll do my best.

I have 3 kids, ages 39(boy), 33(girl), and 17(boy) who is a senior in high school this year and planning on going to the University of GA. I am pretty busy as I know, so is everyone else. Oh yes! 3 grandkids, 10, 8, 6. BUSY.

Anyway, today I did Low Impact Step in preparation of starting STS tomorrow, (yet again!!), got sick last time and had to stop. But, I am determined to finish this time and I need everyone to help "kick my hiney". Thank you in advance.

So if no one objects, I will be joining your thread. THANKS JANN!!!!!

Deb

Hi Deb, Welcome! Congrats on going back to school!
I have two boys 27 married and 23 lives at home no grandchildren yet... I started round 2 of STS last week. Don't worry about being chatty, we are here when you need us. :)

Last edited:
Good Morning, Y'all!

Welcome, Deb. Go Dawgs! Do you live in Ga.? I am from just outside Atlanta, but had to move to NY because of DH's work. Hoping to go back home someday. I have one son, 41, and a grandson who just turned 11 last week. They all live back home in Georgia. Glad you are joining us.

I have some work to do this morning, then on to Disc 4 this afternoon. (It's the only time I can get in a full hour for exercise).

BBL.

Magnolia

Hi Jann! Hi Magnolia!

Just finished Disc #1 of STS, my arms feel like jello, LOL! Nothing like jumping back in!

If you have watched the news, we are having a "monsoon" season.....I have never seen so much rain in my life. I live in Kennesaw, GA which is about 30 miles north of Atlanta. Some of the schools are closed today, however our county was not and it made my little precious senior angry. Don't know what he is complaining about he has minimum day and gets home at 2:00pm. KIDS!!!! Yes we were featured on GMA this morning, we have had about 12 inches of rain in the last 24 hours. Wait till hubby gets home and finds out we have two leaks in the house.......not going to be pretty!

Jann, thanks for the encouragement for school, I swear I wondered what the heck I was thinking when I started. Learning to focus, study, etc. I am on my 3rd class of 12, this one is fairly easy, "Wills, and Estate Planning"......I'll get an "A" yet. Did I mention I have always been an over achiever? HAHA.

Go Dawgs indeed, thats where my little precious is planning to go and study to become a Vet or Zoologist!

Everyone have a good day. It is lighting again and I need to get off this computer.

Deb

Hi, Y'all!

Wow, Deb! Do I know where Kennesaw is! ;) I graduated from Kennesaw State (which was only Kennesaw College at the time) in 1980! I was born in Austell, so you live in my home county. What a small world! Well, as I remember just a couple of years ago, there was a major drought there. Since I keep up with home pretty much, I knew the rain there is bad. My DIL and grandson live in Powder Springs, son is in the Army. Where are you going to school? How very nice to meet someone from home. :D

Just finished Disc 4. :eek: I really had to modify on the push ups (which I hate), but am always determined to do everything, so I did them all. Just not on my toes.

Has anyone ever had a problem with the workout manager not printing all the exercises on a particular disc? I printed my workout card today, and when I did the workout, about 3 exercises were left off.

Hi, Jann, Joan, Beth, Trisha and Cathy! Hope you all have a great evening.

Magnolia

hi ya'll, i know i have been gone, but been really busy, sorry. and then, my computer has been a pain. anyway, i finished STS last friday, and i am so glad. absolutely worn out! so, i have not worked out for 3 days, but i have been very busy regardless of not working out.
not sure what i'm gonna do this week. don't even feel like looking at a rotation right now. just wanna rest.

Has anyone ever had a problem with the workout manager not printing all the exercises on a particular disc? I printed my workout card today, and when I did the workout, about 3 exercises were left off. Magnolia
7.gif
I can not believe that they have not fixed that yet. It makes the workout flow when I know what weight to pick up next. Its very frustrating... ok done rant. :p

Deb I have been reading about the rain. Stay safe!! I am sure you will get an A!! :)

:cool: Deb and Magnolia :cool:

Magnolia Ugh -- the pushups.... Thank goodness we can modify them! I like your determination -- :D

Cathy Taking a rest is a good thing -- enjoy!

Joan I hope all is well with you and your Mother.

I did LIS today for cardio!! Enjoy your day ladies!

Last edited:
Hello Ladies!

Getting ready to do IMAX2, probably on the floor instead of step.....all those push ups in Disc 1 really got me yesterday. Need Advil!!!

School is closed today due to the flooding, some interstates are closed, they have been showing our local news all morning. DH went to work, he didn't have any trouble getting home last night so I guess all is well.

Magnolia! Yeah, someone who finally knows where Kennesaw is.....it IS a very small world. I am going to Kennesaw University continuing education center getting a certificate for a Paralegal. I am just taking one class at a time, and I go only once per week. It's kinda hard, because they cram so much information at you in just 6 weeks per class. But I am making it.

Jann, thanks for the encouragement, I really want to do well.

Have a great day all!

Deb

hi deb, you were at the firm, right? i remember you from there. welcome. i don't think i asked if i could join, i think i just butted in. :) i shoulda waited and done STS w/ya'll. i would rather compare my results w/ women my age. but, i'm done and i am not gonna do it again for awhile. i am so tired, i havent' done anything this week.

YAY!!!!! it is raining here!!! thank the Good LORD!!! and only 66' right now.

deb, where do you live that you are getting flooded? we have been starving for rain down here in s.texas, but finally are getting some.

wow magnolia, that is super. i HATE PUSHUPS!! those in meso 1 are so hard. i did not finish them all.

LOL! i love your little blue face, jann.

Hey Cathy! Yes, I used to post on The Firm, thought I recognized you too! Hadn't posted there in ages, just got bored.

I live near Atlanta, about 30 miles north in Kennesaw, although most of the surrounding area was flooded we really weren't, but we did get 18 inches of rain on Sun, Mon. They closed school today because we are in such a large county it affects everyone. So, maybe by tomorrow the water will have gone down and the two interstates they closed will be open. It is so strange, this time last year we had a drought. Go figure!

Deb

Good evening!

Cathy, I'm so glad you "butted in." I would have missed meeting you, and that would have been a shame. Sometimes, we just need a little rest, then we get back into it.

Deb, you can do it. I am working toward a M.A. in Theology right now. I am not really sure why, but at least it keeps my mind working. I am going one course at a time as well. The difference is that I am a distance learning student with Franciscan University. Kennesaw U. is a great school. I know you'll do very well.

I did the Firm workouts for many years as well & loved the pre-2001 workouts. After the Benson sisters sold it, I thought they weren't as good.

I did Basic Step and Stability Ball Abs today. It was short, I had to get in a lecture, and I need to do some cardio. My shoulders are sore from yesterday, but I'm still glad I did all those push ups (BTW, those staggered push ups were the worst!). Advil and ice pack, here I come.

Joan, I hope all is well with you and your mother.

Hi, there, Jann, Beth and Tricia.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Hi girls --

I did disc 5 -- done, done, done. I love working my back. :D
Out to do some yard work...

Hello from ''FLOOD LAND"!

Today was Disc 2, back and tricepts.....have a feeling I'll remember this tomorrow, and not too fondly.

School was out again today! Although our immediate area seems to be OK, there is one school in Austell that is about 50 years old and had water up to the roof and some trailers floated away. So I imagine we will not be back in school until the Board decides what to do with the 500+ children they will need to re-locate. That school was completely destroyed. So Sad!!! So it seems that it would be discrimnatory for all the other schools to be open and no where for these kids to go. I guess it makes sense.

Hope you all have a good day!

Welcome Deb and Hi to everyone,

I wasn't really lost. My modem dying came at a terrible time because you probably thought I was having problems with mother. We had a 5 hour appt last Wed. with cardiologist testing her. Everything came out ok so surgery is Sept 30. We then have an appt everyday until Oct 13 and then we should be done with radiation. They are doing a shorter version of radiation by putting a balloon in her and doing radiation directly to the site.

I caught a cold Sunday and haven't felt like going to library to use the computer. I finally got new modem to day. Now I know what withdrawal is like.

I was good last week and did all wo. This week I haven't started yet-I just felt terrible. I do plan to catch up.

We are set up as an open social group and everyone is welcome to join in.

I am married and have 2 sons 31 and 34. The 34 year old is in town and married with 1 daughter and another baby on the way. I babysit Elliot who is 2 1/2. She is napping now or I wouldn't be on computer.:D I am a CPA and work full time during "tax season" but only in the evenings during the rest of the year.

I did get power tower on Friday just in time to do leg work and pull ups. Yes I was a little behind I did them Friday and Saturday. I substituted Physique 57 for the leg work and the bar did come in handy.

I lost at least a pound this week but don't know if it was from last weeks wo or this week I'm not at all hungry.

Joan

Hi, Y'all.

Deb, was the school you mentioned Clarkdale Elementary? My son went to school there. Clarkdale and Austell are very close, so that's where I came from. Thank God, my people are all okay. I was watching 11 Alive news online, and it's incredible to me. There's a little creek in Austell (Sweetwater Creek) that usually floods every spring, but never I never saw anything like this. Watching the news just made me want to go home and see my family, just to know they are all okay for myself.

Joan, we are so glad to have heard from you. I think we all said a little prayer.

Well, I had a very nasty migraine last night which actually kept me up for several hours (I even took Advil PM), then I just kept waking up, so I was whipped today. I will be doing Disc 5 in the morning. For some reason, I really like the back work, too. The shoulder work is great for me, but awkward since my range of motion in the left shoulder is not very good.

Hi, Jann, Beth, Cathy & Tricia. Hope you are all well.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.