50 and over week of May 10 check in

JannR

Cathlete
Happy Mothers Day Moms! :D

I did drill max premix 3 this morning. I like that premix! I did what I could of the weight part and watched and laughed at the plate part of abs. I really hope one day I can actually do the plate part… that would be an awesome accomplishment for me!! :)

I'll be trying not to over eat today, it will be tough. Brunch this morning then a picnic this afternoon. My numbers so far for the week look pretty good - I don't want to blow the week today! :confused:

STS Week 2 starts tomorrow…. I’ll have to find my game face -- :p

Tricia 2 four years, that has to be so much fun! :D ;) I used 1 pound weights for the weight abs.. that was PLENTY! :eek: Even with out weights getting my butt in the air far enough to do obliques --- didn't happen. :eek: Good Job!!

Happy Mother's Day,

Tricia I only had two sons and seemed busy all the time. Twins, I can't even keep up with grandaughter. She just left.

I had to take Saturday as rest day. Elliot kept me busy day and night. I am sitting here with my cup of tea contemplating doing DM and abs. Because you both did them I can't think of any way to say I forgot or some other excuse. :rolleyes: I think I will move Monday's abs to Tuesday.

Joan

Back again,

I'm not sure DM is a favorite, but I can see the amount of energy that is used.

I had to modify a bit. I can do skaters but lateral jumps are a no-no.

I didn't use weights with abs but that was ok with me. Someday I hope to be able to easily complete this dvd. It might take years. Plate work was limited, again I hope to complete all moves some day.

Joan

Joan YAY! on finding energy for Drill Max :D
I didn't jump on the board I jump up and side on the floor. Also with the lateral jumps I push off with one leg. On those forward jumps I do the first set as Cathe, then I jump as high as I can in place so I can come down softly. I modify a lot too with jumps. We can still managed to burn some calories! :D
I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I hope she clears me for abs so I can push a bit harder with exercises like planks.

Jann, Beth, Magnolia, and Tricia,

I'm glad I did DM,too but I'm afraid I wouldn't have without this check in.
I wish the others who were starting sts last week would have joined us. Or I hope they found another check in. I would have done disc 4 today but I'm sure with Mother's day, babysitting and just not feeling like it, I would have skipped DM.

Jann I just jumped up and down in place but my back really feels strange today tingley (is that a word) instead of pain.

Official weigh in 167.5lb. I stayed the same. I tracked thru Wednesday but did not the rest of the week. When I don't wear GWF I don't get on treadmill to make up the difference to 2000 calories burned.

Joan

Joan what type of flooring are you jumping on? I know that has made a big difference in my knees. I am so glad we could help! We are hear for ya! Make sure you keep that back safe.... even it does mean you have to skip a work out. :)

I did disk 4 today. I could not believe how many push ups we had to do.:confused: I was on my knees barley getting those last couple out. Another good challenge to aspire too! :) My workout card was missing some of the weight numbers. I was disappointed about that. I know I completed all my IRM's.... I'll have to check that out for Wednesday workout.

Back again,

I finished disc 4. I hope I can get wo in earlier in the day. At least on the days I don't have Elliot.

My dh called at lunch time and he commented again how tired he was from taking care of Elliot. He wondered what would happen if ds and dil ever went away for a week. I told him what would happen is they would have to take Elliot with them.:D

Back to treadmill. I want to increase calorie burn on non Elliot days. The days I babysit I don't burn as many calories as I think I should.

Joan

Hello All,

It took me all day, but I made it online!! Sickness descended with a vengeance on my household yesterday. Both my girls were sick, and so were DH and myself. (My son kept reminding us all, "I don't feewl sick or nothin', Mama!). He had it first, so he gets to gloat a little, I guess. Talk about a rest day - I slept for 4 hours yesterday afternoon! (Thank god for my DH, he was great about letting me get some rest.)

We're on the other side now, just a little queasy yet. BUT, I did do disc #4 today and was able to stay at the weight listed on my sheet. (Although I also had some that didn't have a weight listed and I know I had these 1RM tests done, too.) I'm running into a weight issue where the weight listed is something like 17, so I have to either go down to a 15 or up to a 20. You can imagine which way I went!! I had enough energy to get through, but I modified like crazy on the pushups and dropped a few reps off if I got too fatigued.

Joan, I know what you mean about babysitting - Mom used to keep two little girls when I was in HS and those days were just action-packed. My kids go to preschool for half the day Mon-Thurs. right now, but that's done next week. After that, I'll really be working to find time for STS. It's an exhausting and demanding job being the center of a child's universe!!

Jann, I laughed at your plate comment, because I was watching in awe myself and chuckled as if to say "yeah, I'll be able to do that!". I also ditched the idea of doing abs today, I did not want to tempt fate.

See you tomorrow, I'm off to bed!!

Good morning, Everyone!

I hope each of you had a great Mothers' Day. Mine was really nice, just terribly busy. It was hard to limit the food intake, especially since the restaurant we took my MIL to gave each of us a GIANT sugar cookie. I'm sharing mine with DH and we are portioning it out for dessert over several days.

Jann, I am taking a cardio week between the Push and Lean Phases of CLX. Around Christmas, I ordered those Crunchless Abs DVDs, and they kept sending me DVDs! If you decide to order them, just be aware that they will keep sending DVDs until you call them and tell them to stop! Also, they aren't really the best workouts I have ever done, so I would not recommend them. I did manage to keep two cardio workouts I tried today for the first time. The instructor on the first one didn't teach the moves, you were just expected to do them. The second instructor was better and the workout was okay, but I have better cardio workouts in my library. It's back to Cathe's wo's later this week!

Tricia, I'm glad you & your family are feeling better. Was it just a 24-hour thing? It is demanding being a mom--and I only have one! I can't imagine twins!

Joan, please take care of that back!

Have a great day, y'all!

Magnolia

My dh called at lunch time and he commented again how tired he was from taking care of Elliot. He wondered what would happen if ds and dil ever went away for a week. I told him what would happen is they would have to take Elliot with them.:D
Joan – Anything to burn those calories – huh? ;):D

Tricia – I hope you and your family are feeling better!! Queasy but did your workout “HIGH FIVE” to you girl!! :cool:

HI Magnolia!! Thank you. Mothers day was a lot of fun. A lot of food but oh well. Thanks for the update on the Crunchless abs. I think I’ll let this one pass.

Well, the doc cleared me today!!!!! Yay!!!!!! She told me I could “start” working my abs. OOPs.:eek: She said start slow with some crunches and they feel ok move on. I guess I’ll be doing some plank work soon. LOL I am so glad to have this behind me.

I did LIS original this morning in place of Low Max. I didn’t have a lot of time and wanted something I didn’t have to think about. I also did what I could of yoga abs. I burned a little over 300 calories so I am ok with that!

Magnolia, Jann, Joan and Beth,

Hello and happy Tuesday. It does seem like we're climbing out of the sickness pit at my house, although my littlest one had a bit of a relapse yesterday/last night and we were up every half hour with her...sigh.....But I'm certain we're on the upward trend, and I refuse to think otherwise!!

Magnolia, all I can say about having twins is that we found a new normal. It's something you can't really prepare for, especially when I already had a little one when they were born. My oldest daughter was 26 months when the twins arrived (5 weeks early, BTW! Merry Christmas to me!) Hard to believe they're 6 and 4 now!!

But I digress.....Today was Lowmax, and I really (again) had to push to do it, which I've finally attributed to the fatigue of being sick and having a sick family who haven't slept a full night since last Wednesday!! I got to blast #7 and felt a twinge in my back, so I had to cut it short and go straight to the cooldown/stretch. After that I put on the icepack and took a Motrin, and now I feel pretty normal. (Fingers are crossed for tomorrow.)

I hope everyone else had a great, productive or just pleasant day!!

Magnolia, Tricia, Beth and Jann,

Finally finished Low Max. It's one of my favorite wo but it's a good thing I had a nap after Elliot left. I don't want you to think I do the wo like Cathe. There is a lot of modification but I did burn 400 calories and that's a lot for me.

Magnolia I'm glad you tried ab wo. I had wondered about them. I won't be buying them. If I get through this batch of sts abs in my lifetime I will be happy. Not just doing them but doing them easily and correctly.

Jann my normal wo floor is concrete with carpet over it. Our family room was our old garage and has a wood floor suspended over concrete so it would have more give but dh is usually watching tv there. Since my equipment and dvd's are all together in wo area I don't even think of using the other room. :D:D:DYea for doctor's release:D:D:D It will be really interesting to see how you "come back". I hope the muscle memory you read about is true and you get back in shape faster than someone starting out.

Tricia hope you and family get better soon. Take care of yourself, I'm glad you got wo in but I'm also happy you listened to your body and stopped.

Joan

Hi, everyone!

Well, no wo today--we had to buy a new stove, which was delivered this morning. It turned out that the old stove had a direct electrical connection, so it looks like I'm going to be tied up waiting for an electrician to come and hook up the new stove.

Tricia, hope your family all gets well pretty soon.

Jann, it's great that you are able to do ab work now. It sounds as if you and Joan are making really great progress--keep up the good work!

Have a great afternoon!

Magnolia

Good afternoon all,

I went to gym for pullups and I have finished yoga abs. Just about to start disc 5. I had to stop and say WHO IN THE WORLD CAN DO LEVITATION HOLDS? I was happy to see only Cathe was visible holding her legs out in front while doing them.

Back to wo.

Joan

Back again,

It didn't really take all that time to finish disc 5. I had to work after my wo. I've been putting off everything because the deadlines were so far in the future. Unfortunately the next deadline is May 15th and I haven't done much until today. I have Elliot Thursday and Friday and I can't do much until after she goes home. You would think I would have finished things quicker so I could get paid.

Tomorrow was to be Cardio Kick. I previewed it and decided it would be too hard on my joints. Still deciding what to do.

Joan

Hi all –
Tricia You definitely have your hands full girl. I have two grown sons. My oldest got married last month. Youngest still lives at home, graduated from college in Dec.

Joan You are so funny. :D Levitation holds.:p My arms are not long enough yet. :confused: LOL I did find if I make fist instead of using my fingers it feels better. Have you tried those puzzle mats? I used them until I got my floor. They did help.

Magnolia Oh a new stove – fun! :) Thanks I am very happy too – I think ;) – no, I am. I am looking forward to more ab work….. :confused:

I switched Wed/Thurs. Yesterday it was so nice outside I decided to do Yard Max instead of cardio kick. I jumped on the tread mill too. Today I did Disk 5. ouch. My arms are so sore. I am not looking forward to disk 6 at all. --- gotta find that game face, again. :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

Recap of past two days

Hi Everybody,

Sorry I didn't get checked in the past two days. I did come on last night but my laptop went wacky. I guess nothing is safe in this house! Thankfully, everyone is pretty much back to normal. I appreciate all your concern, it's nice to see when you don't feel great!

I have been doing my workouts this week. On Wednesday I did Disc #5 and yesterday I did 4DS Cardio Power premix. I just don't love Cardio Kicks and decided to change it up. This premix has 4DS Kickbox warmup and cardio, then goes straight into 4DS Bootcamp cardio and cooldown/stretch. Woo!! That'll get ya sweatin'!

I don't have much time this morning, I have to go back to the school for end of the year parent/teacher conferences. But I am planning to be back later to update about today's workout - STS Legs is turning out to be my dreaded day!! (But once it's done, I feel very accomplished!!).

Have a great day!

Tricia good to hear you are getting back to normal! :) I completely agree legs day has a bit of a dread factor for me too! Actually I am here on the boards instead of working out with disk 6 - :confused:

I don't think Cardio kicks is a fav of anyone's. Glad there are so many choices - :D

OK must go do disk 6 BBL

Disk 6 is Done! I even did the added bonus at the end... :D
The wall squats were actually a bit easier this week... :confused: yay! Done, done, done!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.