50 and over week of December 27 check in

Hi everyone,

This morning I did MMA: Kickbox. It was nice not having to modify the movements much. I like the music too.

Jann - I know what you mean by being overwhelmed by too many new workout DVDs...to many choices!

Well...I'm going to make a list for the grocery store, get the incredients for a couple of new recipes and cook something tonight and for the rest of the week. The two things I dislike the most....grocery shopping and cooking.

Have a great day!

Happy New Year Ladies!!!

Finally finished STS last Tuesday, and this past week has been cardio, today is yoga and pilates. Love, love my new Shock Cardio, although a little difficult for me as I have to modify a lot. I just can't jump anymore. But, they are fun.

I will be so glad to get back into my usual routine......having both hubby and kid home for the last 2 weeks has been tough. Ready for the holidays to get over!

Have a nice day.

Deb

Hi, Y'All.

Linda, I understand what you mean about jumping. I try to do low impact as much as possible. When we get back to NY, it's going to be fun to figure out how much I have to modify.

I would say I'm ready for the holidays to be over, but it means going back to NY, away from my kids.

There is a fitness trail just down the block from where my son & dil live. It was a railroad track way back when. They dug up the track and paved it, and now it's the "Silver Comet Trail." People ride bicycles, walk and run on the trail. It's pretty nice.

Well, everyone have a great day.

Magnolia

I just did HIIT 30/30 -- I am in Love!
This is a 27 minute workout I burned 198 calories and modified it. I can't wait until I can do it with 2 risers and full out. :D

This is the easiest of the HITT -- don't care! For this old woman it works.:eek: (can I say old woman on this thread - ;))

I did Athletic Step this morning. Can't say I like it at this moment...too much jumping and I had a really tough time with some of the tricky turn moves. I will always need to do modifications with this one to elminate the jumping.

I hoping that Cathe will post the STS Strenth/Cardio rotation soon as I would like to start this Monday. If not, then I'll plug in the cardio DVDs for the cardio days.

Hi, Y'All!

Jann, so glad to know you like HiiT (at least one of them, anyway). Can't wait to try it. :confused:

Take care & have a great evening.

Magnolia

Hello!!

Jann, you will love the wave one too then!! I did cardio core today and got through 4 cycles, burned almost 500 calories!!:D:D Then I went to the gym and did sts meso 3 day 1--It is a New Year after all!

Magnolia, just you wait!!!

Linda, I finally got through some of athletic step but I still feel like it is too complicated to go all out-- I think I would rather have simple moves and push the heart rate than complicated moves and have to go slow and careful- but maybe time will change that..

hey all, whas up? i did tracie's back up yesterday and it is so fun. all of hers are really fun. i like them. have been adding stephanie's power fit after each one of traice's.
i have not had the guts or energy to try STS cardio , yet. maybe next week. i'm kinda scared to try it.
well, bed time for me. :)

I think I would rather have simple moves and push the heart rate than complicated moves and have to go slow and careful- but maybe time will change that..
I am right there with ya!!!! :D Simple is just fine with me!

I am planning on starting STS/Shock tomorrow. Who else is doing it?
I'll start a new thread for January 3 also.

Good morning everyone!

Today is a rest day for me.

I'm starting STS/Shock tomorrow too. Looking forward to it.

I with you with one exception

I am right there with ya!!!! :D Simple is just fine with me!

I am planning on starting STS/Shock tomorrow. Who else is doing it?
I'll start a new thread for January 3 also.

Modification- on the athletic step-- I have to replace that one!!:(

Jann, I bought "conquer the fat loss" and it is much easier- I am also going to do that food plan with the circuit- Are you still on it? Is it working?:rolleyes:

Hi, Y'All.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to start STS/Shock Cardio tomorrow. We'll be on the road until Tuesday. Then Wednesday will have to be a "jet lag" day, even though we aren't flying. Somehow, the traveling is so wearing! Then we have our vacation coming up February 1, so I decided to wait until we are back from that before I start that rotation. Probably will start the first full week we are back. DH needs to lose some weight, too, so I'm putting us back on the South Beach Diet when we get back to NY. There are no holiday leftovers there, so it shouldn't be too tough. I am, however, going to make my own rotations for January, and check into those Tracie Long workouts.

My DIL is very, very sick. She has lost 63 lbs since June 1, and believe me, she wasn't trying to. She is going to her doctor tomorrow for a referral to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta (on a par with the Mayo Clinic). She had gall bladder surgery, and somehow, now can't keep anything down except for mashed potatoes, ginger ale, saltine crackers and sometimes literally 2 or 3 bites of baked tilapia or chicken. We were really worried about the fact that she hasn't been getting very much protein, but yesterday, DS found her some protein shakes that not only stay with her, but also seem to settle her stomach (she can't digest dairy or soy). We're praying.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.