50 and over week of December 27 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Sorry ladies,

I just realized it was Sunday.:eek: I think I need to just throw away all the food. Unfortunately I still need to feed 12-15 people twice a day. I tried to save money this year by making all the meals. It is cheaper than eating out but I have eaten so much more frequently.
Joan

Hi Ladies!

I know what you mean Joan, I feel like I am plastered to the kitchen counter- I can't get out of the kitchen!! And... the FOOD is in he ktichen with me.. I don't even want it but I have this hand to mouth thing going,,,

For exercise, I have attempted both step workouts in the new program and I am finding that I just don't have the attention span for step right now:(-- I think I'll go outside and run and pick it back up after everyone leaves in January.:p

Hi, Y'All.

I'm convinced that being chained to the kitchen as we are during the holidays and surrounded by all the goodies is a diabolical plot! Me, too. I only cooked for 4, but Christmas dinner, then brunch the next day. Tired!

We are in Harrisonburg, Virginia, on our way to see our kids just outside Atlanta. Just stopped for the night. Hoping my DIL will be feeling better when we get there. She had gall bladder surgery last spring, and hasn't done well at all. She has, however, gone to work every day. Go figure. We'll see what we can do to help them, anyway.

Friends, take care & stay well.

Magnolia

Hi, Y'All.
I'm convinced that being chained to the kitchen as we are during the holidays and surrounded by all the goodies is a diabolical plot!
:D I Agree!

I did Tracie Long's Longevity step workout today. I really liked it. :) It got my heart rate up and I wasn't tripping all over my feet! ++ it has abs.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi Ladies!

Tried the Step again today,, with the same results... Too much "trippin all over my feet" and not enough real calorie burn. They both look like fun- I just can't do it.. I got through the warm up on both tapes and then just got too confused witht the routines. But then I did the pyramid workout on the HIIT tape and that was Great!! And, I got my HR way up there... I am going to get dinner on then head to hot yoga!!

I logged my food today on my calorie program. That stopped me from eating more chocolate chips when I say the fat go over the limit with the few thatI did eat. Now, if I can just log after each meal tomorrow-- before it is too late.

I saw a commercial for nutrisystem and wondered if anyone has tried it?

Hi ladies,

This is probably the last post before we leave on vacation tomorrow. We will be back from Las Vegas:cool: late on Wed Jan. 6.

Someone start a new post Jan 3 or just keep posting on this one-whichever works for you. I hope everyone is starting the New Year with more exercise enthusiasm than I have right now.

I tried nutrisystem for a year. I lost weight when I followed the plan but not when I didn't:rolleyes:. You still have to add your own fruit, vegetables and milk/calcium items. Food is ok but not great.

My mother is now using Seattle Sutton food delivery. They have a 1200 calories or 2000 calories meal plan with fresh foods that includes veg and fruit. You only add milk. You pick it up or it is delivered twice a week.
There are 5 weeks different menu and then they start over.

Happy New Year.

Joan

Hi, Y'all.

I'm in Marietta, Georgia, where I come from originally. Glad to be here & going to see my son tomorrow. :D

Beth, I have a very overweight friend who tried Nutrisystem for a year and lost 103 lbs. Unfortunately, he went off the diet and gained it all back and then some. :confused: I wonder if it is not better to find something you can live with naturally that isn't controlled by someone else. Anyway, that's just my take on it. I'm working on what might work for me.

Joan, have a great vacation and travel safely.

Be back tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Magnolia

Hi everyone,

I'm back from my trip visiting my daughter and her husband. Had a good visit.

It's time to get back into a routine....so this morning I did Muscle Max. I'm back to logging my food intake on Weight Watcher online. I need to lose the 5 pounds I gained over the holidays and journaling my food intake is the only way I can really control what I eat.

I tried Nutrisystem a few years ago and found some of the food to be really disgusting....I would open the pantry and almost gag at the thought of eating any of it.

Two years ago I did Jenny Direct and lost 25 pounds and now using Weight Watchers off and on to maintain the weight loss. Jenny Craig's food is tasty and I had a really supportive counselor who was petite like me and understood that losing 1 pound a month was a great achievement. My weight loss pattern would be nothing would happen for 3 weeks and then the 4th week I would lose the pound. Because I worked full-time at that time, Jenny Craig was convenient because I didn't have the time to cook healthy meals. I used what time I had in the evenings to workout (which was a big factor in helping me lose the weight). A big drawback is that the food is expensive.

Anyway....I'm motivated to get back on track and undo the damage...it's easier to lose 5 lbs than 25 lbs.

Iron-mom - I have the same problem with Step workouts...some of the choreography is challenging....which is weird for me because I have no problems picking up dance choregraphy. I'll get it one day....just have to keep trying.

A Better Attitude

today!! I just finished the circuit blast and LOVED IT!! I waited to eat until I finished it, and I am glad I did because now I feel incontrol of what is going into my mouth-- 2 egg whites and a piece of smoked salmon.

Thank you all for the feedback so quickly on the nutrisystem! It would have been my luck to get swept into the commercial and then hate it. Magnolia, your suggestion mades good sense. I did try Jenny once, but it was a long time ago-- even with that one I did get tired of looking at the food, on the other hand, portion size is always an eye opener isn't it?

On the step tapes.. Sweettakka (Linda?) I know what you mean. I am really not a klutz -it bothers me that they are so frustrating-- but thinking back, I was having the same trouble with some of the earlier ones.. Now I 'm thinking it really must be my attention span, which is a by product of all these years of multi-tasking-- I think I am going to keep working on it-- maybe do a minute more every day.

Well, enjoy all of your trips everyone, and stay safe!!:D:DBeth:D:D

Hi, Y'All.

It was really nice here today. A little chilly, but seasonable for late December.

Beth, when I am doing a new step routine, I often leave out the step at first until I learn the routines well enough that I won't injure myself. Just be patient, it'll happen. I got Circuit Blast, too--it really looks like a lot of fun.

No workout today, but I'm planning a trip to the fitness center in this hotel tomorrow, or else I will hit the walking trail that's a block from my son's house. Will do something tomorrow.

Everyone have a great evening.

Magnolia

hey all, sorry to be awol. hope all had a blessed Christmas. so, what do ya think of STS cardio? looks pretty impossible to me. i have done the 2 new cardio w/outs of tracie's and i love step forward. did it yesterday and today. gonna try the circuit sts cardio tomorrow.
they look really scary to me. i previewed the HIIT and circuit blast. HIIT looks killer.

i had my endoscopy today and apparantly i have gastro esophageal reflux disease. so, thank the LORD it is not serious. so, anyway, yeah, i have been a little busy. w/
Christmas, having the grandkids for several days and then the procedure today.

it has been really cold and rainy all day. yesterday was gorgeous. we were outside all day riding horses w/grandkids. had so much fun. my grandson turned 3 on the 27th and he got a bright red bike. he had so much fun riding it. he is adorable. he LOVES to talk and just talks all the time. if there is noone to talk to, he'll talk to himself. LOL! it is so cute. the other day, he said, "nana", and i said "what, owen" and he said " i say nuffin". i just cracked up. i said, owen , you said nana. my son is very quiet, so it is hysterical that he has a son that talks all the time. owen will say, "nana, i wuuvve you". it is precious. my son says that is what he says when he can't think of anything else to say. LOL! it is a riot. a real ham! we have so much fun w/them. well, sorry to rattle on. can you tell i'm a proud grandma?
cathy

Last edited:
Good morning everyone,

I did Low Max this morning and really enjoyed myself (this is a new DVD for me). I'm starting to remember the step lingo so I don't have to think as hard, plus my new step helps a lot. Maybe one day the "step" movements will be muscle memory for me like regular dance steps are to me. I cancelled out my breakfast by burning 500 cal, but just ate a snack because I was so hungary.

This is day 2 for logging what I eat on Weight Watcher's online. It does make me think before I eat anything. Journaling can be a pain but it works for me.

Morning! yup had to check still morning. :p

I did Tracie's new Defining Shape this morning. I really liked this workout. It's not a tough one just a good one! :)

Hi, Y'All.

I'm going to have to check out Tracie's new workouts! It seems that y'all are enjoying them quite a bit.

Walked some laps around the mall here, but don't know how long DH and I walked. I got up this morning with an icky sinus headache, so I did not feel like the gym today. However, after I ate something, took Zyrtec & some Advil, it was tolerable.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Good morning,

I did a segment of Core Max and a segment of Stretch Max this morning. I love to stretch!

This morning started off with freezing rain....I wish the winter weather would go away. We are going to having a very quiet day....will most likely be asleep before the arrival of the New Year.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!

Good evening, everyone!

Linda, I agree about stretching. I really love it. Besides, I think the older we get, the more important stretching is.

We do not go out on New Years' Eve. We think there are just too many people out there who are partying a little too hardy, and getting behind the wheel when they're in no condition to drive. So we always have a quiet evening (usually in our hotel room). Tonight, we are ordering room service (a rare treat) and we have a small champagne for midnight. We will probably just rent a movie. Neither of us is exactly a party animal.

Happy New Year to all of you! Here's hoping we reach our goals in 2010, and that we all have a healthy, safe and happy New Year.

Magnolia

Happy New Year ladies! We are staying in too. The weather is just to iffy to go out. We are having some wine and left over get them out of here snacks. :)

hey all, i love tracie's new workouts. i've done step forward 2 or 3 times this week. and then, i did defining shape yesterday, and core cardio today. i love core cardio. it is so fun. tomorrow, think i'm gonna do back up.
we never do anything for new years eve. tomorrow we're takin the horses down to my sons and gonna ride w/the grandkids.
so, all ready for a new year? the old year went by in a flash, as usual.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Morning!
I jumped on the treadmill this morning. I have so many new workout DVD's that I am overwhelmed and can't seem to pick one. :confused:

Cathy I really liked Tracie Defining Shape it's a classic. Good solid low impact workout. Her step forward I liked the stepping part - easy to catch on low impact... but the sound quality of that one I didn't care for. I hope when she sends the replacements out they fix the audio. My copy would go to where I could barely hear Tracie to where I couldn't hear the music. I may like the workout better if they fix that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.