50 and over week of April 12

JannR

Cathlete
Hi girls!

It's Tuesday so I thought I should get our week started. ;) I checked out the 50's social group. I'll PM them and see if we can expand our little group here. :D We can be stronger in numbers.

Joan I hope you are seeing the light by now.

Beth How's Meso 3 coming along? The weather wasn't really cold for the wedding but the 50 mph winds made it so we could not take any outside pictures. :confused:

Magnolia are you doing the Push phase yet? Feeling strong?

I hope all is well!!

Hi, Everyone!

I hope y'all had a great weekend. Mine was BUSY!

Jann, I started the Push Phase on Monday morning. Love it so far. I really am pushing myself. Is it just me or does everyone feel better the harder we work? Anyway, feeling good now that I finally caught up with sleep.

Joan, hope everything is fine. I know you are busy!

Hope all of y'all have a great day!

Magnolia

I love it when I feel I have worked out as hard as I can. Feeling Strong!

My new toy came today - :cool: - :confused:

Good afternoon all,

The last two days have been horrrrrrrrible. Sunday/Monday I worked until 4:30am. I shouldn't have taken off Easter. I got a couple hours sleep and then worked until about 3:00am today. Two clients brought their returns in yesterday. Both owed money so I wanted to finish them. I still have to finish a corporate return tonight. Tomorrow I work on my return so I know how much to send with extension.

Jann I'm glad you got week started.

Joan

Good Morning all,

I decided to work on my return so I wouldn't have to worry about it today. Just a trip to the post office to get the extension in the mail.
Everyone was supposed to pick up their return on the 14th. but of course there were some who didn't. They will get a little shock when they find out I'm not waiting around for them tomorrow.

Joan

Good Morning!

Joan - How are ya? :D Happy April 16th!

Magnolia Are things slowing down for you yet?

Beth How's Meso 3 going?

For my step workout today I'll be doing one of Cathe's. I am thinking LIS. It's one of my favorites to kick it up. :)

Have a good one ladies!

Good morning Jann, Beth, and Magnolia.:D

I just woke up and am feeling pretty good. Usually I'm so exhausted I sit around like a lump for a month after tax season.

I did do low impact circuit yesterday.

Magnolia I do feel much better when I work out hard. I always wonder why for me it's so hard to get started when I feel so much better after a wo.

Jann How is the toy? I put in 1400 as the calories to stay the same but I think I need to put in 1200. It computes the calories burned when not wearing armband from that info. Since I haven't ever hit the 2400 calories burned that is my goal I may wait to change until I give it a full weeks try in May.

I leave for vacation Tuesday April 21st and get back late Tuesday April 28th. That should give me enough time to plan meals and get food in before the week of the 3rd. Jann I feel like this is my last chance to lose a significant amount of weight and get in better shape. I have never followed through on both diet and exercise for an extended period of time. I worked out with a trainer for 3 years wo losing a pound because I didn't change food intake. I lost from Nov until Feb because I did combine diet and exercise but work got in the way. After my vacation there should be nothing to use as an excuse to miss a wo. I would like to lose more than the 1/2lb per week. It will be interesting to find out what level of activity I need to do to lose more.
Joan

Hi, Y'all!

Things are slowing down a little for me. The music director at our church (my voice coach) is taking a few well-deserved days off and has asked me to cover for her, so I am singing for a wedding this Saturday. Otherwise, it's back to normal (whatever that is) around here.

I am taking a day of rest today. The weather here will soon be warm enough for a nice walk in the park. I love walking--it breaks the routine and gets you outside.

Jann, I love the Push Phase! I really look forward to the workouts. I'm going to start adding some more advanced Cathe step workouts to the mix, though, I like variety in cardio. Maybe I'll add Kick Max later on--it's one I like a whole lot.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Magnolia

Good morning Magnolia, Beth and Jann,

It's been beautiful here. I had planned to walk outside yesterday but decided to mow my neighbors yard instead. It's supposed to rain this weekend. I only checked after mowing the front yard but it burned about 350 calories in about 30 minutes. That may not be usual, the grass was very long and hard to mow. I wished I had checked after raking. That always shows as a higher activity level but I didn't check the calories.

I am so happy I finally got my haircut, it's been months. I take in a picture of Jamie Lee Curtis to get the same haircut. I really like the short hair for working out.

Jann I bought new shoes for our 3 month project. I shopped and looked at clothes but I refuse to buy anymore until I lose 20lbs.

Hi Magnolia and Beth.

Joan

Hi Everyone!

I just checked in and glad to see everyone doing well. Joan, you deserve a vacation after tax season! I never could lose on 1400 calories either.

Joan, I can't wait to hear how you like the weight gadget. What is the 50's social group?

Magnolia, I didn't know that you sang. It must be nice to have that kind of talent!

I had a health scare last week involving a sonogram and endometrial biopsy. I was too anxious to exercise but I did do the first meso 3 on Wednesday. The weights are so heavy now that I just took the print out to the gym where I used the smith machine for bench presses and did deadlifts with, get this, 70 pounds! I don't have that much weight at home. This cycle, you onoy do 8 reps with really heavy weights, but you do 4 sets each- so 28 exercises. Two days later,(today) I was soooooo sore! So I went to hot yoga class where I always can get over the stiffness. I still have plyo legs to do however, so it is now almost 7:00 pm, but I am going to eat and then tackle it!! I was doing well on my diet but for some reason, I got ahold of the chocolate chips today, and the rest is a blur.

Well, everyone have a good evening!! Beth

Good evening,

Beth I hope the health scare was a false alarm. I'm going to try to eat the 1400 calories but up activity. If that doesn't work I will eat less. I can lose on 1400 calories but only a half pound per week and with 3 days of wo. I think then my base calories is probably only 1200. The armband estimates calories used when not wearing it and I think it is telling me I have used more calories than actual when not wearing. It seems right when I'm doing a dvd.

We are the 50 and over social group. You sign up with social group at your home link. I checked last week and several people had signed up. I asked them to join us at this forum, but so far no one has.

Have a good weekend.

Joan

Good Morning Beth, Jann and Magnolia,

I did an hour on the treadmill yesterday.

I think I pulled a muscle in my right shoulder starting the lawn mower Thursday. It bothered me just a little when I started the mower (it took six tries) Yesterday was sore but today it is really sore. I'll probably just do cardio and lower body until we start sts.

:eek:Big confession time. Using the excuse (to myself) I'm going to eat right starting in May this week I have- eated way to many cookies, gone out to eat Mexican with way too many greasy chips, eaten doughnuts(3) a half a bag of low fat potato chips and a bag of sunchips. Now what worries me is I still have vacation eating to get through.

Have a good weekend.

Joan

Good afternoon, everyone!

Joan, don't feel too bad about the food. In my case, it was the jelly beans (I love them!) and the chocolate! I also love Mexican food, and there was some of that, too. Anyway, the "sweeties" are almost gone at our house, and I am not buying any more.

Hope you are feeling much better, Beth.

Jann, hope all is well with you.

Have a great weekend, Ladies!

Magnolia

Good morning,

Magnolia how was the wedding?

No wo yesterday, I ended up sleeping late and then taking a nap later.

We babysat Elliot last night. The first thing she said was gramma got haircut. I was surprised she noticed.

Dh and I will be driving 1 1/2 hours each way to visit mil in nursing home today. I wish she lived closer so we could visit more often.

Back later if I get wo in.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.