40th birthday ideas?

ellesan

Cathlete
I'll be turning 40 in 6 months (February) and want to plan something fabulous that celebrates life, health and happiness! Since it will be winter time, mostly likely something indoors, however I'm not ruling out a cruise. I do have some ideas but wanted to hear what you guys would do. Thanks!

When I turned 40 I had a mid-life crisis. I don't recommend that option;)

I did, however, end up with some great piercings!

My friend Julie turns 40 this month and she is having a "wig party" to celebrate, along with like 85 of her closest friends. :D You don't have to wear a full costume, but you do have to wear some kind of goofy wig. People end up trading wigs around, staging and taking lots of funny pictures, etc. It's being held in private rooms at a popular watering hole.

She also arranged to do a do-it-yourself wine blend/bottling with a local outfit that does that, and all party guests get a bottle. She designed the labels, which have her picture on the cover in a princess wig/tiara, and calls it the "birthday blend." Just a couple of fun ideas.

I spent my 40th at the Hershey's Spa. Surprisingly it didn't involve me eating chocolate, but it did involve bathing in, being scrubbed with and massaged with chocolate. And shockingly the spa lunch desserts mostly weren't chocolate. Anyway it was a wonderful pampering day that I will always remember :D

My friend had an 80's party that was a complete blast. They took all of the furniture out of their family and made it a dance floor. We danced until 3:00 a.m. I know I burned some major calories that night.

Now you made me think! I turn 40 in a week and have nothing planned! That morning I will be in front of our local Wal-Mart to promote our 2nd Annual Walk for Life for the Pregnancy Resource Center I opened last year. That was an accomplishment! I am training for a figure competition next year! Other than those, I don't know what else to do. Don't want to have cake!! ha ha

Skydiving ??

I highly recommend skydiving. I went with my cousin when he turned 40 a few Novembers ago, and it ranks at the top of my life's experiences. Absolutely incredible! Nothing will make you feel more alive. I was on a natural high for a week after.

But I think a cruise someplace tropical would give you a great opportunity to chill and to try some adventurous excursion(s) like parasailing, ziplining, swimming with sting rays, etc.

Time to go big & spoil yourself IMO!

How about a ski trip?

I went to Niagara Falls with my husband and son for my 40th birthday. The weather wasn't great, but we all had a good time anyway (my birthday is in November).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.