3x a week full body workout?

A

amanda12485

I am wondering if anybody has done a rotation with 3 days a week full body muscle endurance workout ( muscle max, max int. str., muscle endurance) and 3 days cardio ( either hiit or steady state) and how it worked for you. I am thinking it would be a great fat loss rotation if using like insanity or other high intensity cardio on the cardio days. if anyone has done this or has an opinion that would be great!!

just wanted to add that if anyone has a great fat loss program they did that would help too, i am just stuck with the fat loss can't figure out what works.

Hi Amanda,

I have noticed quite a few posts throughout the board in regard to really wanting to dive into fat loss and also that you are frustrated that Insanity isn't "working" for you. Would you care to share some information about yourself? What is your current training plan and nutrition strategy? Do you have a lot of weight to lose? I think this may help people better offer advice.

I am no expert, but I would love to try to help you figure everything out. Thanks!

I do!!! It makes such a difference in my body...for the better!!! Just adding one more workout really made my arms "pop" and look great.

Right now I am just doing the insanity rotaion for about a week and a half, but i have been working out with Cathe for about 2 years. I would like to lose about 20 more pounds, i have a good amount of muscle and do not want to add anymore size that way, just get rid of the fat on top of it. That's why I was thinking muscle endurance workouts and cardio. I eat 5-6 small meals a day around 300-400 calories each.

jennifit - did you have good fat loss though?

TO be honest, I never had a lot of fat. My whole family is small. But, I never noticed such definition in my arms...I mean I can really see every muscle cut now just from adding a third workout. That was really the only thing I changed.

I DO eat all day. I am a grazer and a vegetarian. I make sure I have protein with every meal...even if I eat a bagel (example) I always have a protein bar in my bag that I will eat with something that doesn't have any protein.

But, really adding that third weight day really helped the most.

I do high intensity cardio 4-5 times per week.

HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.