3-4 times a week rotations?

Shaz

Cathlete
Most rotations that I see on here involve working out 6 times a week! Does anyone have any rotations for working out 3-4 times a week? Am I the only person who doesn't want to work out every day??

Sharon

Great idea. I also can only work out to tapes/DVDs 4 times a week at most. I'd love to see a rotation that incorporated both cardio and strength with that format.

If you use Cathe's rotations, you could try incorporating a regular six day rotation only spread it out, meaning you would spread the workouts over the days that you want to work out. This would spread the rotation out longer than a month. Cathe is usually good about alternating weights and cardio so if you only did three or four days a week, you would be doing a little of both. Just a suggestion.:)

I only have time to work out 3-4 times per week so I like to do the following rotation:
Day#1 Cardio conditioning KPC 39 min, Pyramid lower body (pyramid up only) and stability ballwork in PLB 35 min.
Day#2 Step Cardio 45 min, PUB (pyramid up only) 25 minutes.
Day#3 Cardio 30 min (interval, or hi/lo/ step), Yoga 50 minutes.
OR when I have 4 days:
Day#1 KPC complete
Day#2 Muscle endurance
Day#3 Step blast premix 44 min, Yoga 50 min.
Day#4 Circuit work out (SJP) or another circuit of your choice.

Here is my 4 day rotation:
Mon-High Step Circuit
Tues-Push Pull
Weds-rest
Thurs-Boot Camp
Fri-Muscle Endurance

I use only light weights on the cirucit training days of mon and thursday and concentrate on making them cardio workouts. But I feel like I'm getting a better muscle workout using weights 4 days a week instead of only 2. I really like this rotation. Here are some substitutes:
Mon/Thurs circuit: High Step Advanced, Circuit Max, Cardio Weights, Step, Jump, Pump, Gauntlet, Viper, Body Fusion, Power Circuit (from CTX), Body Max, old Firm videos or Fitprimes.
Tues/Fri weights-any of Cathe's total body weight workouts.
I like this rotation becuase I use Saturday for a hiking day or catch-up day if I missed a workout, and then rest completely on Sunday.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.