12 Week Check in/04-20/Week 1

gidget1978

Cathlete
HI Everyone!

Is anyone totally motivated? I know I am and its going to be awesome having all of you doing this with me.Im sure not everyone will be following the same plan and I know everyone as different goals...but alot of things are similar, like getting our good workouts in, eating as healthy as possible and no junk! Ive always wanted to see what I could accomplish with more discipline b/c for me, my diet is what needs improvement.I pick way to much and thats where extra calories come from.
As anyone thought about having cheat days? Im not thinking about cheat days so much b/c I tried BFL once and the cheat days through me off.So I am thinking more along the lines of a cheat meal.I think we will need something to keep us sane!:)
For me, I am going to try and eat 5-6 mini meals a day that will be from 200-350 cals,some long runs,(maybe increasing by one mile each week or every 2 weeks)more ab work,more water,more veggies,journaling everything and of course weight work.
I will take my measurements and weigh when I get home.I already have a pic in my picturetrail of me about 2 monthes ago and I haven't changed any.I will use that as my before pic.
I am just getting off of work so I will be sleeping till noon or so.No doubt I won't get 6 meals in when my day is shorter.

Alright...84 days to go:eek: but we can do it!:7
Lori:)

Good First "12 Week Challenge" Morning!

Goodluck to each of you. Stay focused and work hard each day. I found this website to be very motivating and informational in getting started and helping me map out my strategies.

http://www.hussmanfitness.org/

I plan my workouts based on my goals using all Cathe workouts. (All hail Cathe!). But I found to start really eating clean 90% of the time with one very well planned cheat day (or meal, in my case)- that I follow a BFL type plan.

Enjoy...and don't be a slave to the numbers on the scale...it's BF% after weeks of consistent work.

X

Good Morning Everyone!

Are we ready? YES WE ARE!

I agree on the cheat meals. My eating habits are poor but they work for me. I eat as clean as "I" can, but when I eat varies a lot of times. I AM going to work on improving that tho.

I just weighed and measured and am ready to go. I'm not paying much attention to the scale either. I weigh a lot more than anyone would believe so I cannot go by the numbers on the scale anymore.

Talk to you later Lori! Your plan sounds good!

X, I pretty much use all Cathe wo's too with an exception here or there. And I powerwalk too. I bought Billy's Bootcamp and just can't bring myself to do it. I look at it and think "yeah I'll do that for a change" and end up picking up a Cathe wo instead! LOL!

I'm off to do the step segments of C&W's and GS Chest & Tri's! Since I don't have the workout Butts & Guts calls for. Marie and I just started that rotation Monday if anyone would care to join in.

Kali

Have a great morning everyone!
www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Good morning, ladies! I am still formulating my specific goals so I will think some more about them today and hopefully have something concrete by the weekend. I flipped through the BFL book in the library the other night, but like Wendy and some other folks pointed out on the other thread, the food choices are pretty blah. I'm going to check out the Eating for Life cookbook. The thing is, I pretty much know what to do; it's just a matter of making myself do it! I do feel like I crossed a mental plateau recently and I am hoping to prove it. :)

Cheers,
Marie

Good Morning Lori, X, Kali and Marie!:)

Today will be Muscle Max U/B premix + the ab work and 30 mins cardio of choice.

Okay, well I weighed and measured (tape measure and BF) this morning. I have pretty recent pics of myself too but I would still like to have DH takes some before pics soon...maybe tonight.

I am in my first week of Debbie's (fitnessfreak)Get Ready For Summer Rotation. I like it so far. I will be subbing for a lot of the cardio though as I have really taken to getting in my cardio at the gym the last few weeks while doing my weight work at home w/Cathe. Maybe once this rotation is done I will switch that up and do weights at the gym and cardio at home....I haven't stepped in what seems like FOREVER and I don't want to lose the ability that I worked so hard to gain!:eek:

I think I will be adding a bit of cardio to my current rotation now that I am faced with "A CHALLENGE"!!! My goal is to lose body fat as I'd like to see more definition in my abs. I know that the muscles are there...I just can't see them the way I'd like yet!;) I think adding about 30 mins of cardio to every weight day will help some...this rotation averages 3 days of 60-80 minute cardio sessions per week as written. Prior to joining you gals I wasn't going to mess w/it but I think now I will!}( }( }(

My other goals are to up my water intake big time and then just make sure I eat my 5-6 small clean meals each day. I will allow cheat meals as well simply because I can not stop LIFE from happening and previously committed myself to a meal with my inlaws that I'm sure will not fit the standards of clean eating!:p :9

Okay...that's enough outta me this early in the morning!

Must go finish my coffee!:9

I'm IN! THANKS, ladies, for doing this. Just what we need...another check-in! LOL

Quickly, as I'm on my way out the door in 30 minutes....

Up early for my workout: upper body from ME and BC; core from BC; 20 minute ride on the stationary bike for good measure!

I'm headed to Philly to see the Body Worlds Exhibit. I'm really excited to check this out. I'm so interested in seeing what the body looks like INSIDE in all states...resting, working out, running, pregnant, obese, thin, healthy, unhealthy, etc. I'm looking at today's trip with DFiance as a motivating step to day #1 of this challenge!

Gayle

Hi Ladies,

Okay this is got me so motivated! I'm starting my day out with a cup of oatmeal, and my workout tonight will be Supersets. I'm gonna get me a notebook and start journaling EVERYTHING even my water intake, that's where I lack and some of my eating habits aren't the best, but this to shall change. I'm really looking forward to this. I'm gonna have some before pics taken this weekend, and I'll have DH help me with my measurements. I'm gonna get some food ideas also and jot them down so I'll know in advance everyday what I PLAN to eat! It's gonna be hard but this is called a "Challenge" right? We can all do it, we'll be there for each other every step (no pun intended) of the way!!!;-)

Thanks for starting this! It's what I needed for motivation! :*

Goodmorning everyone!!

Well I threw out my Ben and Jerry's last night. So I know I am committed to this 12 week plan. I have weighed and measured myself and am excited to see some changes. I agree with Lori about the cheat day. I will just have one cheat meal per week. I am going to try 5-6 mini meals each day and try for 250-350 calories in each one too. I exercise about 6 days a week so I think I will keep that the same. Good Luck everyone!!

Becki

I might cheat once a month, but that is what works for me. I can't have a taste of this and that and expect to stay on the wagon. Doesn't work real well for me. Best for me not to know I am missing anything. If I crave things, I just will sometimes eat the opposite too of what I crave. Crave sweets? Eat a piece of meat instead is what I am doing. Bottom line, if your belly is full (should be full of good stuff) you won't need the bad stuff that you think you need. Just my honest opinion here so don't throw rocks at me, etc! LOL! I think MUSCLE = PROTEIN so protein is what I grab. SWEETS = BIG A$$! LOL! Get it? Program your mind! Not your tongue!

Charlotte~~

>MUSCLE = PROTEIN so protein is what I grab. SWEETS = BIG A$$!
>LOL! Get it? Program your mind! Not your tongue!
>
>Charlotte~~

Charlotte, I do think you missed your calling as a boot camp instructor! :7

Marie

I'M IN :7 I'M IN :7 I'M IN :7

Hey all, I just saw this post and am TOTALLY pumped. As some of you know I've been struggling BIG TIME lately, well - this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for - oh, I'm so excited (can you tell :p )

One thing, I've NEVER taken pics of myself (yuck!) but most definitely will for this challenge. How do I post them here or on a picture trail???? I was always ashamed of any pics so this will be hard, but I know that the before and after results will be AWESOME so I'm ready to do it! :D

I'm going to get a journal, too, and write down things every day - my progress, problems, stresses, etc. This WILL work for us!! WHAT FUN :7

Good luck to everyone and I'll be back later.

Oh, today I teach step class (40 minutes); pushups; situps; walking lunges; and intervals. They better be prepared!!! :p

~Marcia~

Hello ladies,

i am sooooooooooo excited for this challenge. i told dh about it this am. we both need to get back on track.
my goals are to loose the 5 lbs i put on in the last few weeks:( . way too many cheats, and to drop some serious bf.

I am going to track my meals and workouts. Get back on track with my workouts. I've been working out but kinda slacking. (i might join a gym, hmmmmm). I will have dh take before pics tonight and then put them on here once i figure out how to do it:p

I am going to start fitnessfreak's get ready for summer rotation tomorrow. WENDY-when did you start the rotation? This morning i did the ellipitcal for 40 mins. I want to add in some other workout later on when i get home, just not sure what???????????

have a great day ladies!!

Good Morning All!!!

I am still in on this challenge. My goals are to drink lots of water every day, eat small nutritious meals, healthy snacks, and limited sweets. I know that I have to have a few sweets. When I do NONE, I end up feeling deprived and then overindulge. I will still keep within a decent calorie range.

I will monitor my eating through sparkpeople.

I will exercise most days, with a rest day when I feel it is needed (usually about every 10 days).

I plan to bring my running shoes to work and run after work with my daughter, who will ride her bike. This way my workout is still "family time". Plus, she loves riding her bike with me when I run.

I figured out that I will have a summer beach wedding to go to in 12 weeks, so I am psyched to be able to buy a new sexy dress for the wedding!!!

I might not check in every day, but I will still be part of the challenge. I will be taking pictures tonight and my measurements. It won't be pretty, but I want to see my progress!

Good luck ladies!
Jenn

Hey ladies. Lori thank you so much for starting this. I need a major kick in the butt. My goal for the upcoming 12-weeks are to lose weight and body fat and to tone up. I eat pretty clean most of the time but I have to do better with weekends. I also need to up my water intake.

Currently I powerwalk 3.5 miles, 5 days a week and try to get in whatever other workouts I can. I'm interested in doing Cathe's April rotaion for LB.

My problem is time. I work outside the home f/t and have 2 little ones so I'm struggling with getting in my workouts. My son is in soccer and swimming lessons are starting so my evenings are busy. Any tips on how to convert to an a.m. exerciser? I've tried one time to do step at 4:00am and I about died. I would need to workout at 4:00 b/c I have to start getting ready for work at 5:00. I think that would be a great accomplishment for me if I could get into a routine.

Good luck to all of us! WE CAN DO IT!

Dana:

I here ya, girl - believe me!!! I've tried MANY times to get up by 4:30am and start my workout, but my body just doesn't move at that time very well at all.x( I have started out very slowly, though, and just went for a leisurely walk and that felt great, I'm hoping to "graduate" to a much more advanced workouts soon. :)

I have told myself that if I'm "IN" this challenge then I may have to get up that early and do my workouts when I see on my calendar for the day there is no other time. You can do it !!

GOOD LUCK!
~Marcia~

Wowwy! Im so happy to see all of you! Its nuts how many of us needed a kick in the behind!:) Just think about how hot we will be this summer:+

I read through all of your post but there are so many of you...i can't comment on all of them.
How weird is this...when I was sleeping I was dreaming that I went to the cupboards to pick at food! When I took the box of cookies out, I thought..."nope..not suppose to do this" LOL
I am off to go to the hospital with a friend to see her ultra sound! When I get home I will be doing my workout.I was going to do Imax 3 but I am leaning towards running.

I will be back later,
Lori:)

Well good morning fellow challengers.

I am ready to start this challenge. DH wouldn't cooperate with before pictures(he says I have too many before pictures and no after pictures) so last night I set up the tripod and took them my self(yuck, I've got a lot of work ahead of me). Followed that with measuring, so I am all set to go. My goals are improvement everywhere. Better eating, more efficient workouts to burn fat and build muscle, and better journaling and hopefully a new me in 12 weeks. This morning was GS BSB. Feeling Good.

Jean

OK - I'm In!! I am in my 6th weeks of P90X - but would totally add and extra 6 weeks to the end of that rotation to join you in this challange. I have my 20th class reunion this summer too - so even more motivation for me to whip things into shape.

I have been very successful in moving my workouts to the morning- which has been so nice. I am also working from home right now - and doing the doubles of P90X - so been getting in more cardio at my lunch time 3 times a week.

My goals right now are to keep up the doubles for the next two months - well - 3 months now that I am part of this challange - and to work on my eating. I really do like the BFFM program - and it was working really well when I was sticking to it - so going to get back to that as well.

This will be fun! I am excited to join all of you!

Hi gals!

Well, I was able to complete MOST of MM's upper body premix prior to DS waking up this morning so I have to finish that...I don't have much left though including ab work. At 10am I was out the door for an hour's walk with DS in the stroller. I kicked up the pace today...I normally STROLL! LOL So I will be counting that as my extra cardio (for today) I had said I wanted to do on every weight day of this rotation.:)

Sunny-I started Debbie's rotation on Monday so I will be completing the first week on Saturday. :)

It's so nice to see so many people up for this! I definately have to have DH take pics now that it's really getting SERIOUS!}( One question...are there any guidelines for what to wear for pics? I intend to wear the same outfit before and after but does it HAVE to be work out clothes or can it just be something revealing enough to show your shape??

So far for my food today I have had.....

B: kashi cereal w/ff milk
S: 1/2 banana w/natural p/b
L: veggie burger on ww bread w/some lf cottage cheese

and I've been trying to drink more water as well!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.