12 Week Challenge Check In, Week 8 06/13

Annabelle2

Cathlete
Well, I finally have a few minutes and am not rushing!

Wendy - I hope you had a good sleep last night! I imagine your place is gorgeous with all the flowers - I have quite a few and have them planned by how they bloom so I have something almost year round. Right now my gardenias (which are my favorites) are in bloom, it is hot here and you can smell them on my back deck - it is heavenly to walk out the door! THat circuit looks great!

Sunny - Hope you enjoyed your leg workout -- well I love Cardio Coach, I did it this morning - I ran on the rebounder and I didn't need anything else -- I got a fantastic workout and am very pleased! Ms. Sessions does give me an eating plan each week - she messes with my carbs mostly - it isnt like with recipes but it is a certain portion of a certain kind of meat and carbs, etc. It is much like BFFM but tailored for me. I can change anything as long as I match the micronutrients or percentages and calories. I am learning a LOT about cycling carbs!

Karen - I crave like crazy right before TOM - it seems like the whole week I want chocolate or actually sugar in any form - I am glad the cravings are over for you today!

Heidi - I hope you are feeling better today and that you did not get sick! I totally undertsand about personals!!! Don't fret!

Jean - I am so sorry about your dog - OK today? They are such little babes - can't tell you what is wrong - I just love to hug them! I don't think Ms. Sessions is expensive especially compared to programs like Leanness Lifestyle, etc - here is her pricing:
1 Personal Evaluation (outline for diet, cardio, training) = $25.00 Read More...
6 Weeks = $72.00 8 Weeks = $93.00 10 Weeks = $111.00
12 Weeks = $126.00 14 Weeks = $135.00 16 Weeks = $140.00
20 Weeks = $154.00 30 Weeks = $196.00 -
Get any one of my e-books for free with the 30 Weeks Package
Full Year = $307.00 - Get any two of my e-books for free with the One Year Package
and here is her link: http://www.theelitephysique.com/consultations/consultations.htm#wtloss Go check her out!

Gloria - Did you enjoy your workshop? I sometimes do but most of the time I don't -- Hope your day is great!

Workour for Today:
Cardio Coach on rebounder - now, all I needed was running on the rebounder and I did fine -- 50 minutes with warmup and cooldown, 369 Calories burned HRM 73% ave/93% max - I am quite pleased! And the CC's are on sale...I am definately buying!

Food For Yesterday:
M1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 6 egg whites, 5 almonds
M2 - 3 oz venison, 3 oz baked potato, tbsp peanutbutter
M3 - 3.5 oz venison, 2.5 oz sweetpotato, tbsp peanutbutter
M4 - 3 oz venison, 2 cups cucumbers in vinegar
M5 - 4.5 oz grilled shrimp, salad with a small amount of carrots, half a tomato, half a cucumber and red wine vinegar

I check in this Thursday and am hoping for some good results. I don't know since I was bad at the reunion....I am learning just how much those "little" treats effect you as you age.......it takes much longer to get it back so I need to plan my damage better! I think my treats should be the dairy and fruit I am missing and not -- hmmmmm homemade banana pudding with eagle brand.......*sigh*

I love Cardio Coach -- just running to tempo and using my legs and arms does it for me.....I didn't have to use the jumprope or step at all.....my legs feel like jello and I think my behind and abs got some work too, I am getting DOMS already in my legs......

Have a great day ladies!

LOL Kathy! You are funny! :7

I actually didn't sleep in but I guess it took me longer to get here today!;)

So Kathy, I have a rebounder and do the videos and they "run" on it and "sprint" on it but I just can't get my heart rate up high with it. I seem to stay in the 130's when I'm working "HARD" on it and lower if when I'm not working so hard. Don't get me wrong...I still love it and believe my muscles get a good work out but I'm trying to figure out the key to getting a more INTENSE cardio work out from it. Any suggestions? BTW, I can't "sprint" on the thing to save my life! I'm all off beat or something so I just skip it when they do that in the vids! LOL :p

I have no idea what's on tap today. It's steady state cardio but I would normally go the gym for a run or the elliptical and with Joey's cough I need to stay away for now. I'll figure it out eventually I guess.

So I might be taking a beginner's running class in my area! I'm so excited! The cost gets me a 12 week class that ends with automatic entry into a 5K race in September plus a free year's membership to the running club it's associated with as well as a free running shirt and some other stuff! I already missed the first class and will miss one more but my girls over at the Running check-in still think it's worth it so I think I'm gonna go for it! I just have to double check with DH that he can be around to watch the kiddo...the classes are on Monday evenings!:)

ETA: I have some MAJOR A$$-KICKIN' DOMS in my upper body from yesterday's mish-mosh! OMG! I think I'm gonna print the w/o out and frame it!:7 :7 :7

Anywhoooo....I'll be back once more people "wake up" around here!;)

Good morning ladies,

I am trying to wake myself up so i can get in a treadmill run. Ds #2 woke up at 3 am and didn't go back to sleep until 5am:( . I am beat.
My legs have major DOMS today!!!
kathy- i know your stats will be positive at your check-in. you are doing a super job!

Wendy-how did you find this running club? i am intrigued. i would love to join something like that. i will have to see if they offer it in nc. i was reading another thread awhile ago and you stated you live in central nj. can i ask where? i am from edison, nj. we moved to nc 2 years ago.

WOW SUNNY! I was born in Edison and lived there for 5 years before moving right next door to Metuchen where I stayed put until I got married 3 years ago! We were neighbors and didn't even know it! LOL I've since moved about 30 mins south into Monmouth county.

You should be able to find info on running clubs in NC on line by just do a search on the net. I found the class because it's associated with a 5K I was considering doing and found the club b/c it is also associated with it. They all linked together so it was easy to "stumble" across. ;)

Good morning all

Kathy, Ms. Session's program doesn't sound bad at all. I just don't think I'm that disciplined right now. You are doing such a great job.

Wendy, sorry Joey is still sick. I'm sure you will figure out some way to get your workout in. The running club sounds really cool.

Sunnydelite, I was right there with you on the lack of sleep. DH and I both were wide awake at 2:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, no matter what how hard we tried. Hopefully our bodies will adjust back to USA time soon. I ended getting up at 4:30 and went for a 4 mile jog. It was slow, just too warm out, 80 degrees and humid. It took us(younger dog and me) nearly an hour (I said it was slow). Burned 603 calories though.

Older dog is doing better. She is home and able to get around a little bit. (for a funny story see last night's post. It wasn't funny at the time)

Also, since today is a better day for me, I have posted a link to some of our pictures of Japan and described a little of the trip below.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dreamofteenyjeanie/album?.dir=/5a4are2&urlhint=actn,ren:s,1:f,0

When we first arrived at my brother's we had to wait until we could get visitor passes for the base he lives on. The next day, once that was done, we took a walk around Fussa, the closest town to the base. Tuesday we went to Tokyo Disneyland. We learned quickly how to maneuver around on the trains. Pretty good for folks who don’t even have a local bus system in our town. YOu either learn or get lost. We only got off at the wrong station once. Wednesday we went to Mt Takao which was a great hike up the mountain. We got to see some beautiful shrines. Thursday, we went to Mt Fuji. It was cloudy so we didn’t get to see much of it. Friday, my DB, SIL and niece and us, all went to Tokyo where we got to see the downtown area and more Temples and shrines. Very interesting trip and boy am I glad that we had my brother’s place to stay. Otherwise we never would have been able to afford it. He is moving to Bangkok. Don’t know if I will visit him there (takes too long to get there).

Glad to be home. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean

My work out is done!:)

Being inspired by Kathy's workout this morning and DETERMINED to get a more intense cardio work out from my rebounder, this is what I did and it was surprisingly successful:

It was a 30 min work out (not including w/u and c/d) that was comprised of 5 mins segments of running on the rebounder divided up with jumping jacks, jump rope, speed skaters and plyo lunges. It was fun, burned lots of calories and it really got my HR going which I was surprised at!

HRM: 30 mins--avg hr: 148--pk hr: 170--calories burned: 362

Gotta grab some food and a shower now!

WBBL!:*

Crap I'm running late this morning so just a note to say hello to everyone. I have to get some things done and eat before I can catch up. I just got done a 5 mile speed interval which is a 1 mile warm up and them intervals of 8 mph at 400 meters with 200 meters of recovery at 5 mph. This is a treadmill run. Then cooled down for like 400 meters at the end. I'm happy with this because my speed has increaed from 7.5 mph to 8 and my run is longer. Then I did 30 min of yoga. Off to eat. Have a great day. Karen
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

ok, my brain is fried this morning. no scheduled run today, ooops. this morning i did MM upperbody premix. this evening i will go to the gym for abs & turbokick!! i can't wait as the first instructor i really liked is teaching tonight.

Jean- glad you liked japan. happy to hear dog is doing better.

Wendy-great workout. we were literally right around the corner from each other. could of had a get to gether, downtown metuchen, LOL. my best friend lived in monmouth county forever. she's recently bought a home in north brunswick. i am actually go back "home" in nov. for her wedding!

Good morning all!! I actually didn't sleep in for once but was slow to get on here.

Yesterday I did a fast walk outside for 50 minutes, and then later went for a walk with hubby for 40 minutes.

Today is S&H Tri's and Bi's. Gotta do something for my abs too.

Have a great day everyone!

Heidi

Karen, Great run girl! Have a good day!

Sunny, Hey, if you are up to it and have free time when you are in the area in November, mayb we can meet up somewhere and hang out for a bit!:) Have fun turbo-kicking!}(

Heidi, Here's to you burnin' up your arms today! I expect to hear about the DOMS truck landing on YOUR back and unloading tomorrow as it's on MINE right now! LOL :p

Well, I'm just finishing up my post work out snack of a banana and natural p/b and then it's off to get on with my day!

I'll be back though!}(

Wendy- that would be great! I know we will have to visit alot of our family and friends while there. hopefully i will have some free time to meet a fellow catheite!!!

Sunny: Well when it gets closer we can exchange contact info and then when you get into the area we can play it by ear. If we can coordinate it, that's great. If you don't have the time, that's okay too. I'll certainly understand!:)

BTW gals...I registered for that running class! I start this coming monday 6:30pm and will be running the 5k that goes with it over Labor Day weekend! WOO HOO! I'm very excited but nervous as heck too. :)

Sunny: Okay, now who's being put in charge of not forgetting between now and November!? :7 :p :7

hey ladies:
today's workout: ME-premix 1 and 2 and I taught my 45min aerobic class this morning!WHEW

Kathy: my workshop went great...learned alot!

Wendy: congrats on signing up for that class! it sounds like fun!

Karen: great interval run girl...gonna copy that tomorrow...maybe?

Jean: gonna check out those pics! thanks:)

Heidi and everyone else: HELLO!!

take care:)
Gloria

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.