12 Days of Fitness

ellesan

Cathlete
I'm doing a "12 Days of Fitness" Challenge over on my blog that starts today--come on over if you need some motivation to get/stay moving :D

Wow - you put a lot of work into your site, don't you? Very nice! I like your 12 days idea, but I just started STS again. I'm going to forward your page to a friend of mine who is just starting her fitness journey.

Thanks for participating and passing it on! :D

If you're reading this and just thinking about it....You can do it! Make it happen today and you'll feel great. Today's goal: 1 minute pushups , Tomorrow we're adding: 2 miles walking or running :D

Last edited:
Kate-It was fun/crazy/disappointing all wrapped up in one! They didn't designate a spot for the walkers to start, so there were TONS of walkers mixed in with us runners, and we were forced to walk a lot of it because we couldn't get around the walkers. They also messed up my pace and so I wound up only running about 3 miles of it. An old guy passed out along the way (I think maybe a heart attack) and we saw the paramedics giving him CPR. That shook us up quite a bit. It turns out he was OK. But in all it was a surreal experience. DH and I are doing another run in April. He's doing the 10K and I'm going to stick with the 5K. (Sorry for the looooooooong response! :p) How are you??

Kate-It was fun/crazy/disappointing all wrapped up in one! They didn't designate a spot for the walkers to start, so there were TONS of walkers mixed in with us runners, and we were forced to walk a lot of it because we couldn't get around the walkers. They also messed up my pace and so I wound up only running about 3 miles of it. An old guy passed out along the way (I think maybe a heart attack) and we saw the paramedics giving him CPR. That shook us up quite a bit. It turns out he was OK. But in all it was a surreal experience. DH and I are doing another run in April. He's doing the 10K and I'm going to stick with the 5K. (Sorry for the looooooooong response! :p) How are you??

Wow Stephanie. That's kinda stinky for you. Sorry. :( Walkers should *always always always* be told to start in the back of the crowd and likewise, runners should try to position themselves according to their speed as well to avoid traffic jams or people getting "run over" by folks who are faster behind them, etc. Hopefully your upcoming 5k experience will be better. Glad the old man is okay though! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.