1 Year post Hysterectomy and mastered IMAX2 no problem

mmarg9

Hi all
Just wanted everyone to know that although a 'hyst' isn't easy - I found that power-walking through the 6 - 8 months of recovery, coupled with regular weight training, you can sustain your fitness, strength and aerobic capacity.

I celebrated my year 'hyst- anniversary' this week and today completed IMAX 2... the whole tape! I can't believe I got through it !
As I discovered, it's about simply walking... as you much can, as far as you can and when you don't have the time...step with Cathe! But take it easy on the abs.
Cheers! Marg

That's great!!! Ya know alot of folks sort of "give up" their fitness after a surgery like that. Applause to you for staying active and healthy!! :D :D

Catherine

Hoorah for you Marg!! I had mine two years ago this past September....the smartest and best decision I ever made. I was lucky, no incision for me, but had a good 8 week recovery period and I am convinced my recovery was made much easier because I was in such great Cathe directed shape!! Stay strong, Donna

I also had one 2 years ago. I didn't work Abs until this year, and now I am getting a lot of definition. It really took me over a year to feel better.

And Hyster Sisters....ain't life grand now! I had a prolapsed bladder and was a wreck!

I have also noticed that a couple of people I worked with quit on fitness after their hysterectomy. Good for you for not giving up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.