♥♥ March Check IN ♥ Mon. 9th ♥♥

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Just getting us started this Monday morning.

Looks like we will be up to 79 degrees today woo hoo! :) Loving it!

Today I will be doing CLX's Burn Circuit 3 and possibly some cardio outside :D

Have a Wonderful Monday Everyone.

I plan to BBL once I'm done w/ my workout.

Big Hugs and take care.

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all who follow:

Today I woke up at 4:50am and woke up feeling GREAT and ready to workout. I was surprised I didn't wake up tired because I only slept 6 hours. I did Disc 4 today and it was great. Some parts I felt like I could have gone heavier but I lifted what Cathe had on my Workout Card. Most of it were 12 lb DBs, and for some of the BB was 30 lbs, 20 lbs. I used my Slanted Risers and they are SO awesome!!! I loved it!! I wasn't afraid of falling down, LOL! Then I added GS BSB stretch and then did Ab Circuit Yoga Inspired Abs and I wasn't crazy about this one. It was alright. Nothing I look forward to doing anytime soon. But, I got all that in and finished at 6:30am. I did have to pause sometimes to change my BB weights and DB adjustable weights. While working out I thought it was kind of easier then Disc 1, but then while taking a shower and washing my hair, my arms felt like they weight 100 #'s, LOL!!! So, maybe I did workout hard. Well, I'm off to go to MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) at church. I might do some Yoga if I can later today. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!

DS didn't wake up till 7am!!!!!! Time change is GOOD! LOL!!!

Vilma: Enjoy CLX! Did you just started the program?? Enjoy the weather too. It's going to be in the 80's over here. I'm so glad the warm weather is kicking in!

Beth: Yes, I really enjoyed Zumba. It wasn't tough, but it was fun. I did sweat though.

Well, off to MOPS today. I hope you all have a great day!! Sorry I was a lurker on the weekend. It's hard to check in on the weekends for me. I'll BB later :)

Yes it's ME! On a Monday morning!

I ended up getting CANCELED Sunday night from work. The census was low, and they asked if I wanted it! ummmm.. YES! I did! They only cancel you 4 hours and then I had to call back at 10pm to see if I had to go in for 11pm. It was nice... I chilled out and watched the movie "Reality Bites" (I had DVR'd it... I really liked it & great music!!). And then snuggled up with the boys AND the 2 kitties and watched iCarly from Saturday night (I know , I'm weird, I like that show too I sat around until 10p, and then found I could stay home for the night.

It was nice to sleep an entire night through, DH was home and did the sugar checks. And it's MONDAY, and I'm feeling pretty dang good for a change!

the boys are home from school (Teacher Inservice Day). And the weather here is crappy. Rain all day changing over to snow. Yuck. We had SUCH a nice weekend!

I'm also excited today because I'm starting MESO #2!! First workout today, DISC 13, Chest Shoulders Triceps. So a different combination, plus Legs are 2nd in the week, which is better for me to have sore lower body in the middle of the week, instead of at work on Saturday night.

Vilma:
Hope you have fun with CLX Burn today. It sounds like you're enjoying it! I read you liked Chalene too. I love her! She's very different from Cathe, but fun different. I like both their styles a lot. Enjoy your weather! Hopefully it will be coming to us soon. the warm , sunny weather TOTALLY lifts my mood 100%!

Ivy: WOW, i'm amazed you got up so early and did that with the time change ! My boys didn't get up until 8am (they're usually up at 6!) and my youngest was in bed until 9a!! It's good they had a day off from school to adjust a little more.

Hottie: Cool that you're comfortable on 8 in with LIC! That's tough! I 'm not sure if you burn more calories that way, to tell you the truth. I thought I remembered reading it wasn't a huge difference. But it's GOT to work your legs and butt more.

to all that follow me! I'm off to look over MESO 2 in the guide book and then going to tackle it. I already printed out my workout card on Saturday!! I was excited!

Hi ladies! We had a horrible weekend, weather wise. Rain, rain and more rain. Cold and windy! Yuck. We did take the kids out Saturday night. We rented a wallyball court at the last minute and wound up taking about 10 kids, including ours. One other parent came. We all went out for ice cream afterwards. The kids had a good time.

I did something Saturday, what was it?? I'm drawing a blank - whatever the cardio was on Cathe's rotation! I'm losing my mind!

Ivy, good job on Disc 4. I can't get on here much on weekends, either. The yoga abs didn't sound too appealing to me. Anyone else do it? Wow, you were up really early, considering the time change!

I'm bummed - I don't think I'll get a workout in today. DH took off work last week. He stayed downstairs all night since he's used to being up all night. Well, he's in my workout space and is now asleep! That's alright, I'll just move everything up a day. I'll do Disc 4 tomorrow, unless I have the energy to do it tonight.

Chris, my kids did have school and it was rough getting them up. That unexpected night off sounds great! It's nice to get an unexpected good night's sleep! Can't wait to hear about Disc 13!

Hey Vilma! Wow, 79 sounds heavenly! Enjoy it! Did you do Burn 2? How did you like it? I found that one to be the toughest of the Burns.

BBL..

Joanne

Good morning! I had a crappy night of sleep for some reason, but I was up early for my workout, too. I ended up doing the cardio premix on LIC -- fun!! I don't think I've ever done that and I think I've barely done LIC, so it seemed new, though familiar -- just what the dr. ordered after my funk last night. I did it on 8" and then at the end added in some tabata work for good measure.

Chris, very cool about work being cancelled last night!! Good for you. And, you're starting meso 2 -- how exciting! Can't wait to hear from you and Kathy on that.

Today's Larry's birthday and I have nothing for him (he's still away skiing and I think that trip may be his present!). I may run to the dutch store and get him some goodies. T/W/Th is minimum day for the kids, so hard to get anything extra done while they're at school, so I have to use today wisely. I'm going to be near best buy and I may finally replace my broken dvd player if I have time.

Happy Monday!

-Beth

Holy CRAP you guys! Meso #2 was so different and worked my arms to the point of them feeling like jello while I lift my water glass up right now!!!

The moves are more basic, oh and no Push-Ups , but the weights are HEAVY (I had to move down on a few ..there was no way I was going to tricep kickback 18 LBS! :confused:). It's 70% and the moves are all basically to failure (for me).

The rest periods (60 seconds) are nice in between, and seem like a vacation compared to Meso 1's!

Joanne: Today sounds like the weather you had over the weekend. that wallyball sounds like a blast! I really want to get the kids out of the house today. the time is totally throwing me. It just feels all discombolutated every time I look at the clock. BESIDES it being Monday, and me being awake and alert! ... Hope you get your workout in today, it's hard when DH's are home!

Beth: Sorry you were in a funk ... I think I did LIC cardio last week , it is fun, and yes, familiar, yet I hadn't done it in a while either. What is "tabata"? and also , what is "minimum day"? I think a week away skiing is a tremendous birthday gift! :p What kind of Dutch goodies would you get Larry (or shouldn't I ask?) ;)

Off to start some laundry (supposed to be hubby's job on Mondays, but he's slacking :mad: ) and then have to go to Walmart, since they couldn't fill my perscription on friday (only gave me 3 pills!!!)

Holy crap it was 34 degrees this morning and I had ice on my car!! At least it's clear.

Chris, meso 2 sounds great, but 18 pound kickbacks?! Insane!!

Tabata is a series of drills (anything) 20 seconds on, 10 seconds "rest" (I marched in place). Good way to tack on 8-10 minutes of cardio.

Minimum day is when the kids are dismissed at 12:30 so the teachers can have parent conferences. Of course, this time of year almost no one has conferences, so it's an early day for the teachers!! ;) Larry is half dutch and there happens to be a dutch store right near work. So, chocolate for sure, but what he really likes is these crazy chocolate and anise (in a different box) sprinkles that he -- get this -- puts on toast!!! He is not the only one. One of my coworkers is married to a dutch woman and they eat this stuff at their house, too. My kids love it -- I can't stand the thought of bread and chocolate mixed.

Ok, gotta work! Joanne, one of us owes the other a beer from earlier, I think! :)

-Beth

Hello Ladies.

Reporting back in with Burn Circuit 3 done - wowza for the legs as I matched Chalene plus I had on my weighted vest. It was a good sweaty workout fer sure ;) Thanks Beth :)

Ivy I started CLX last Thursday since I'm now taking Tuesday & Wednesdays off because that's dh's weekend although I hope to squeeze in a Cardio tomorrow.

Sounds like you had a killer arm workout - those are the best ;)

Chris yay for you on not having to work yesterday :)
I laughed about iCarly as my youngest watches that and they had Fred on have you seen that kid's youtube videos - they are hilarious

I am really enjoying Chalene and am wondering where I can find some of her Turbo Jams or which are the good ones to look for as I will put them on my wish list. She is really so full of good positive energy and I love that.

18# for tricep kickbacks? Are you kidding me?! Yeeouchies!:eek:

Joanne We'll be getting that cold yucky weather once again - Hopefully by the end of the month Spring will stay. I absolutely dislike it when my DH ends up futzing around the family room when I'm ready to workout... like I've said he's a big distractor for me. Here's hoping you can get your workout in if you have the energy tonight.

I found Burn 1 & 2 nice now Burn 3 which I did today targeted mostly the lower body and wowza is all I can say. My legs were a shakin' during the sumo squat calf raises but I was lifting 60 pounds maybe I 'll go down in weight next time lol.

Beth
so sorry you had a crappy night of sleep. I did that cardio premix of LIC on Saturday isn't it fun? :D
Happy Birthday to your DH I would say his ski trip is a birthday present lol

Big Hellos to Hottie

Off I go to have some lunch and paperwork here :confused:

picture.php

Chris, Meso 2 sounds good! I think I'll enjoy the 60 second rests. I still have three more weeks to go, though!

Beth, you're a good wife - a vacation and chocolates! ;) Sounds good to me! Is that every week that the kids have those minimum days? I'm sure the kids love it, but it must be hard on the parents if they work.

Vilma, wow, 60 pounds - no wonder it was tough!

OK, this isn't a big deal - but just wondering what you guys thought. Caitlyn is invited to a birthday party this weekend and the girl is registered at Target. The invitation has a line about checking out her registry. Yes, a six year old girl is registered for birthday gifts. OK, she's 6 - I don't think it's that difficult to pick out something. Most six year olds would appreciate just about anything. It just seems like it gives the wrong message to the girl. Tell everyone what you want - like she's entitled to it or something? I don't know, just left a bad taste in my mouth. Of course, it'll make shopping for her easy, but still seems a bit strange. Oh, there's two registries - one the girl obviously picked out the gifts - polly pocket, barbie, etc. and the other was done by her mother - mostly specific clothes.

Well, I'm off to volunteer in Caitlyn's class for game day. She's so excited for me to come - I figure I better take advantage of it while she still thinks I'm "cool". ;)

Joanne

Hi ladies..

Checking in with STS Disc 13 Meso 2 has started. Man it was tough. My arms are feeling it.

Chris: It was different..No pushups. But, man was it tough. I tried to go heavier and I was struggling with the last reps on all the exercises. But, I think that is what I was suppose to be doing...Wow, great workout...

Ok, busy day..It was so pretty out that we stayed outside ALOT..Then, I did that workout and vacuumed and did laundry!!!

Chris: Glad you didn't have to work last night. I couldn't believe either that I got up at 4:50 plus had energy to workout. We'll see how I do tomorrow morning. WOW! I can't wait to try Meso 2 now!! Sounds like you got a GREAT upper body workout today!! I wonder how you'll feel tomorrow?

Joanne: Can't wait to hear how Disc 4 goes for you. I hardly didn't like Yoga Inspired Abs, how about you? OMG, I can't believe the 6 yr old girl has her own registry for gifts! It is giving her the wrong message. Now from now on for her B-day she might want to do the registry and if she doen't get whats on her list (since some people might not be able to afford it) then she will be very upset/sad about it.

Beth: WTG on LIC. I really like that workout. I didn't sleep well last night either. That's why I don't understand how I was able to workout in the morning without being tired.

Vilma: Great workout today! That's great that you just started CLX. How do you like it so far?

Kathy: WTG on STS Disc 13!

Waves to Vilma and Hottie :)

Goodnight friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.