Step workout

Hi Cathe. You haven't done a step workout since January 2020. Any particular reason why? Maybe I missed a discussion about it. I'd love to see a step workout in the near future; they are my favorite!

Hi Cathe. You haven't done a step workout since January 2020. Any particular reason why? Maybe I missed a discussion about it. I'd love to see a step workout in the near future; they are my favorite!
Hi Mianricard! Thank you so much for asking about step. I miss it so much too. During the pandemic I became out of touch with step because we were closed for six months and I hadn’t been teaching it regularly. Then when we were finally able to open the gym this past September after six months of being closed we had to return to working out in masks. Unfortunately it was unsafe to do step in masks because it took away our ability to
step safely because our peripheral vision below our eyes was blocked and caused a trip hazard for any kind of choreographed step. When the mask mandate was finally removed in late May it was my full intention to start adding step back into the gym classes and CatheLIVE. However that’s when I suffered my random retinal detachment which required immediate surgery and has resulted in a (hopefully temporary) peripheral vision limitation. I am three months into healing from that. I only have 30% vision back in that eye so far (I won’t know the full outcome until six months) and therefore it isn’t safe for me to step at this time. But rest assured I have not given up on step and I’m very excited to return to it as soon as possible. I’m considering stepping on a flat mat while the rest of the class steps on the actual step itself and seeing if this works as a practice run. If it does I might be able to deliver a Cathe Live step class in this manner. But this would still be a few weeks away. Thanks so much again for reaching out and letting me know how much you enjoy stepping with me!

I’m considering stepping on a flat mat while the rest of the class steps on the actual step itself and seeing if this works as a practice run. If it does I might be able to deliver a Cathe Live step class in this manner.
There goes Cathe, once again proving who's boss! You're so awesome to be even considering this, but of course we will wait for the right time because we all want you to be safe and healthy before anything else.

Hi Mianricard! Thank you so much for asking about step. I miss it so much too. During the pandemic I became out of touch with step because we were closed for six months and I hadn’t been teaching it regularly. Then when we were finally able to open the gym this past September after six months of being closed we had to return to working out in masks. Unfortunately it was unsafe to do step in masks because it took away our ability to
step safely because our peripheral vision below our eyes was blocked and caused a trip hazard for any kind of choreographed step. When the mask mandate was finally removed in late May it was my full intention to start adding step back into the gym classes and CatheLIVE. However that’s when I suffered my random retinal detachment which required immediate surgery and has resulted in a (hopefully temporary) peripheral vision limitation. I am three months into healing from that. I only have 30% vision back in that eye so far (I won’t know the full outcome until six months) and therefore it isn’t safe for me to step at this time. But rest assured I have not given up on step and I’m very excited to return to it as soon as possible. I’m considering stepping on a flat mat while the rest of the class steps on the actual step itself and seeing if this works as a practice run. If it does I might be able to deliver a Cathe Live step class in this manner. But this would still be a few weeks away. Thanks so much again for reaching out and letting me know how much you enjoy stepping with me!
Thanks for your response! The most important thing is your safety so no rush! Hope and pray your vision returns 100%.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.