Lifting barefoot

Sheree81

Does anyone here lift heavy while barefoot? I tried it but I feel like I need something with some grip, but not quite a shoe. How do you keep yourself from slipping while lifting barefoot? Thank you!

I do. I haven't had a problem with my feet slipping, but I also don't lift as heavy as Cathe. Some of the ladies I do Pilates with have actually purchased medical socks, the type they give to patients in hospitals with the grip on the bottom so they don't slip and fall. You can also get yoga socks which have grip on the bottom.

Does anyone here lift heavy while barefoot? I tried it but I feel like I need something with some grip, but not quite a shoe. How do you keep yourself from slipping while lifting barefoot? Thank you!

What kind of surface do you workout on? At home I lift barefoot with no slipping problems. I workout on a densely woven large area rug that covers the carpeting. Due to the texture I feel very secure and stable on it.

I know a lot of people who do. I can't My feet are super sensitive and I can literally feel any small thing on the floor and it bothers me.

So I just use super flat shoes when I'm lifting and just lifting.

It seems like a yoga mat would work. I have a couple of barefoot workouts and my extra large yoga mat is perfect.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.