Low Impact Hiit

loussie

Hi all I am a newcomer to Cathe workouts from the UK, I just completed a low impact hiit workout on Cathe Live and I just wondered if Low impact Hiit workouts still produce the 'afterburn' effect of burning calories after the workout ha ended like the higher impact Hiit workouts are supposed to? Sorry if this seems a dumb question

Thanks for reading

Louise x

Hi Louise:

this is not a stupid question at all! Low impact exercise will still introduce the afterburn effect, for sure. In case you didn't know: Cathe introduced this concept to us all in the Low Impact Series through her DVD named 'Afterburn' which alternates low impact cardio moves with weighted compound moves. It's a burner for sure!

Clare

Hi Louise:

this is not a stupid question at all! Low impact exercise will still introduce the afterburn effect, for sure. In case you didn't know: Cathe introduced this concept to us all in the Low Impact Series through her DVD named 'Afterburn' which alternates low impact cardio moves with weighted compound moves. It's a burner for sure!

Clare

Hi Clare

Thank you so much for your reply- I will have to check out Afterburn, I am still discovering all the wonderful Cathe workouts!

Best wishes
Louise x

Just an FYI-with low impact I have found that without the use of momentum, say jumping, it has made my legs more flexible. My hamstrings are happy. Yes, it is work and yes, you will get afterburn but I think you will find it will challenge and change you in a way high impact doesn't.

Just an FYI-with low impact I have found that without the use of momentum, say jumping, it has made my legs more flexible. My hamstrings are happy. Yes, it is work and yes, you will get afterburn but I think you will find it will challenge and change you in a way high impact doesn't.

I agree. Different way of doing exercise but still so challenging. I did the premix bonus burn off of Afterburn. Whoa! Still feeling it today :)

I think that low impact HIIT workouts are some of the toughest workouts available. I get more of an afterburn with low impact HIIT style moves alternating with circuit weight training followed with a yoga style cool down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.