VIIT - Variable Intensity Interval Training

gypsymom

Cathlete
Just read about this in Oxygen Magazine - Work-to-rest ratio and intervals vary in time/intensity to keep your body guessing. Aerobic and anaerobic systems are taxed, you work both fast and slow twitch muscles and you're less prone to injury (according to the magazine). You'll burn an additional 20-35% more calories during the session and 24 hrs later.

Hi There,

I like your Avatar: "it's supposed to be hard if it wasn't hard everyone would do it the hard is what makes great"

;););)

Is this avatar the reason why IMAX3, To the max, CCC to name few of them are everyone best friends?:D

I would add: The hardest it is , effectively we stress the body and more likely we gain results.
Not just aesthetics results: Bone density---Good investment against osteoroposis. Who on earth
would not want to walk tall with healthy knees aged sixty or seventy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yes we are not there yet but we all need to plan ahead!

Happy Plyo everyone;)

I love this idea too. Cathe Live would be a perfect platform for it, as I'm sure Cathe isn't able to time intervals during a live class.....

Just read about this in Oxygen Magazine - Work-to-rest ratio and intervals vary in time/intensity to keep your body guessing. Aerobic and anaerobic systems are taxed, you work both fast and slow twitch muscles and you're less prone to injury (according to the magazine). You'll burn an additional 20-35% more calories during the session and 24 hrs later.

Excellent idea, love it: variable intensities.

Clare

Hi gypsymom,

Would you mind posting a picture of the oxygen article on here?
Hope you have a smart phone as it might help without any cost!

To everyone asking for such Viit workout....What is the difference between Hiit and Viit in terms of gains?
Is Hi - Lo different compared to Viit?

Thanks

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.