A "good" blow dryer?

jcm

Cathlete
I've been thinking about spending $$ on a better blow dryer. Mine have always been Target purchases but have read more expensive ones are worth it. Any thoughts or suggestions? I've looked ar a Rusk and Babybliss - both around $80. Worth it or no?

Get a professional dryer. I can't begin to say how much better they are. I bought a Solano years ago and love it. It cost around $100 but that was a while ago. Suddenly everyone in the family wanted to use that dryer. All the others were abandoned. I am sure amazon must sell them. I got mine thru my hairdresser. I also know that beauty supply stores that cater to hairdressers etc. sell them.

I tried the T3 and it made my hair too soft. I have a head full of baby fine hair. I use one of the blow dryers from Sally's Beauty Supply (can't remember the name at the moment). You'll probably have to try several different brands before you find the right one. Make sure you purchase from a retailer that has a good return policy.

Ive been a HUGE fan of Babyliss Pro dryers! I still have the one I purchased 5 yrs ago, but is now my daughters! I went out on a larger limb and bought the Babyliss Pro V2 Volare and love it:) A bit on the pricey side, but ... its nice:)

Another vote for Solano. I have Solano The Original (I think that's the name). I got it from Folica.com (cheapest price, reputable seller...you know you're not getting a fake).

Folica often has deals. Right now you can get free shipping and 15% off w/this code: FOLICANEWYEARCODE or they're having some kind of rebate program where you can get $40 off for recycling your hair dryer or flat iron. Plus the Solano is on sale. Seriously, this would be a great deal. In addition, Folica usually has a good rebate through eBates if you use that.

I was using a Conair Infinity, which was perfectly fine. The Solano is great! More shine, less frizz, fast drying. In my opinion, the only downside is that is has a really long cord, which is, I suppose, because it's made for professional use.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input! I never thought it really made a difference! This is the first time in 20 years my hair has been past my shoulders so that's prompted me looking into it. I had looked at a Babybliss, hadn't heard of Solano and never knew a dryer could make your hair too soft! My hair is fine, which is why I've always kept it shorter. Looks like I'll be making an investment! How do I explain this to the DH ...

Jenny

Professional blow dryers are great. They make a HUGE difference. Here is the company I order from if you are interested....

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

[FONT=&quot]Misikko Sitewide BLOWOUT [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](VIP MEMBERS ONLY!)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
We have a special for our V.I.P. Members ONLY! Today Only receive $10 OFF ANY ORDER over $100 (Use code [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SMOOTH10[/FONT][FONT=&quot])[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$10 OFF TODAY[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CLICK HERE[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is just another way we want to show you that this is much more than a business to us...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hair is our Passion![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]$10 OFF with Code SMOOTH10[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

misikko_2096_9510149.jpeg

[FONT=&quot]HANA Professional
Flat Iron 1"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price: $204.99[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sale Price: $129.98[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TODAY'S Price: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$119.98[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
misikko_2101_34204.gif

5-stars.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HANAair Professional Hair Dryer[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price: $314.99
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sale Price: $194.99[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TODAY'S Price: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$184.99[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
misikko_2101_34204.gif

5-stars.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Croc Black Nano Titanium 1.5''[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Price: $160.00
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sale Price: $124.99[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TODAY'S Price: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]$114.99[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
misikko_2101_34204.gif

5-stars.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Oy. I wasn't even in the market for a new blowdryer, but I *am* growing out my hair and always looking for ways to keep it looking good and healthy.

So, I couldn't resist the link Cathe provided to the HANAair, which got INCREDIBLE reviews. If anyone else pulls the trigger, if you use this link: My hair is even better than hers! :p we'll both get $25 off. But it's only good until Jan 10, so be impulsive and act fast. :)

ETA: I didn't come up with that link title, that was the site that provided it!!!! Kinda funny though... :)

The Solano I had (I've since replaced it with something I got at BBB, only because I wasn't near a professional store), was recommended to me by my stylist. He has worked at numerous very high end salons in NY and has celebrity clientele, and is what he recommended. I actually bought it at a professional store.

Thanks to whoever ordered with the $25 rebate!!!! I just got an email saying my rebate is being processed. Sweet!!!!!

The reviews said that shipping was super quick, so I'm going crazy waiting for it to arrive -hopefully soon. I've never been excited about a hair dryer - feel sort of silly. :)

Well, this site turns people into quite the enablers! I've been on the hunt now for 2 days. The Hana looks amazing just not sure I can do it. The same site at a Solano going to $119 and thinking I might do that one. When yours comes you'll have to get on here and let me know what you think! I'm making myself crazy reading all the reviews!! I might actually call their number and see what they recommend. My hair isn't thick/coarse/curly and it sounds like some powerful ones might be overkill for my hair. So glad Cathe shared this site! Look forward to the reviews. Once I have an order I'll let you know!

Jenny

Hi mspina,

I am the culprit! I am glad the rebate worked. I clicked through using your link, but there was no indication that it actually worked. It turns out that we both don't get $25, only you (the original purchaser). However, here is my own link (valid until 01/12/13 at 9pm) in case someone else is interested in ordering. http://curebit.com/x/SuPKZ

I, too, read a bunch of reviews on a variety of sites and decided to make the investment. The site is running a sale with online codes (I used $30 off a $200 purchase). We will have to compare notes once we receive our dryers.

Jenny - good luck with your decision!

Michelle

Michelle - did you order the Hanaair or was it something else? I'm excited and a bit scared at the same time. I'm going to be too embarrassed to tell anyone how much I spent on a dryer :)

Jenny - Yes, that's the one. I've never spent this much on a hair dryer either, but I look at it as a good investment. Plus, my curiosity got the better of me....could an expensive model really make that big of a difference? Let me know if you take the plunge.

Well, this site turns people into quite the enablers! I've been on the hunt now for 2 days. The Hana looks amazing just not sure I can do it. The same site at a Solano going to $119 and thinking I might do that one. When yours comes you'll have to get on here and let me know what you think! I'm making myself crazy reading all the reviews!! I might actually call their number and see what they recommend. My hair isn't thick/coarse/curly and it sounds like some powerful ones might be overkill for my hair. So glad Cathe shared this site! Look forward to the reviews. Once I have an order I'll let you know!

Jenny

Jcm - if you truly are considering the Solano Original, it's currently $89 at Follica.com, plus there's the 15% off and/or recycle rebate. Not trying to dissuade you from the other site, since it sounds like they throw in a bunch of wonderful extra gifts (who doesn't like that?), but if money's a concern, I thought you might lime to know about the price differential.

For those who got the Hannaair, please come back and post a review. Despite the fact I'm lucky enough to have a Solano, I'm super curious about this one!

I posted that I have the Solano and love it. I have fine hair and lots of it and the Solano works great for it. My DIL has long thick wavy hair and uses it whenever she stays over. I don't want to jinx myself here but I have had the Solano for about 12 years now. Can you imagine how many drug store hairdryers I would have bought by now?! I paid about $100 for it at the time.
Remember hairdressers use their dryers on all kinds of hair so I wouldn't worry that something is not suitable for your hair.

After spending a ridiculous amount of time researching dryers (my wrist hurts!!) I ordered a Solano 3500 from the place Cathe suggested. YIKES!! Hope it's worth it :)

After spending a ridiculous amount of time researching dryers (my wrist hurts!!) I ordered a Solano 3500 from the place Cathe suggested. YIKES!! Hope it's worth it :)

Hi mspina,

I am the culprit! I am glad the rebate worked. I clicked through using your link, but there was no indication that it actually worked. It turns out that we both don't get $25, only you (the original purchaser). However, here is my own link (valid until 01/12/13 at 9pm) in case someone else is interested in ordering. http://curebit.com/x/SuPKZ

I, too, read a bunch of reviews on a variety of sites and decided to make the investment. The site is running a sale with online codes (I used $30 off a $200 purchase). We will have to compare notes once we receive our dryers.

Jenny - good luck with your decision!

Michelle

Thanks Michelle (from another Michelle!)!!!!

I hadn't received it yet, and some people initially said they got theirs in 2 days, so I just emailed them - got a reply immediately that said it had been out of stock, but they were getting more in within a day and then would send out by expediated shipping, which is pretty cool. I will DEFINITELY let you all know how I like it when it comes next week! And it looks like you get a bottle of that leave in heat protector stuff (which I also ordered, so I hope I like it because I'll be loaded with it!) as one of the free gifts, which is pretty nice.

Fabulous bodies AND fabulous hair, all from Cathe! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.