Is there a exercise you just don't do?

mom2kttj

Cathlete
I don't even count it. I don't do any of it, and I still consider myself having done the whole disk (I know it's cheating). I don't know why, but for some reason in my head, I hear "calf work" and I think breather or water break : )

Sarah

The cool down and stretching. I never ever cool down as soon as Cathe says join us for the stretch or next segment.. I'm out.. I consider my walk upstairs my cool down. I know stretching is important and always say I'm going to start but never do. I skip calves alot too.

I skip the cooldown, too. I'm too busy running over to the computer so I can log my workout in Cathe's workout manager .... at least that's my excuse. ;)

I skip burpees most of the time. I do my own stretch and cooldown near the end as well some of the time.

I always try to complete the whole workout and feel far less accomplished if I have to skip something or modify it. Many times I have to modify rows for the back, squats and deadlifts due to my herniated discs and I just hate that. I do think calf work is a waste of time for me as they are toned without much effort but I still do them when they pop up (high step challenge comes to mind)

Susan

I never do burpees due to back issues but I love calf work. I totally value stretching and warm ups too. I used to blow them both off until I took the certification course to become a personal trainer a few years back. I learned just how important stretching and warm ups really are to maintain flexibility and avoid injury. I always warm up and try to stretch after most workouts. I enjoy most of what Cathe offers for both.

s.

Burpees and mountain climbers. Not really a fan. And yes I know they're great exercises, but I just am sooo lukewarm to them. I'll do them only if I'm in the mood... which is like almost never. If they're in a workout I'll usually pull out my kettlebell and do some swings or snatches.

Wrist curls....Just like you said, I hear "time for some water." :eek:

I used to think the same thing until I broke my wrist. Now I am PROUD to be able to do wrist curls again, and do them with any substantial weight. I did Cathe's GymStyle Back/Shoulder/Biceps the other day and was just pleased as punch when I could do those wrist curls with the same wieght as Cathe. A huge milestone for me in my recovery!

That said, if an exercise move is in a workout, I do it whether I like it or not. I figure it's there for a reason. I can't expect to get the results I want if I'm skipping any of it. I wouldn't be cheating anybody but myself.

Last edited:
Leg presses, burpees, mountain climbers, dips and side planks. I will do at least one set if they are in a workout so I can say I did them.

I have mixed feelings about calf work as well. I usually won't skip it completely but in endurance work outs where the reps are endless I am usually forced to stop early because the pain/cramping is just too much! :eek:

Wow, lots of votes here for what have become 2 of my favorite exercises...mountain climbers and burpees!!! :D

I used to think the same thing until I broke my wrist. Now I am PROUD to be able to do wrist curls again, and do them with any substantial weight. I did Cathe's GymStyle Back/Shoulder/Biceps the other day and was just pleased as punch when I could do those wrist curls with the same wieght as Cathe. A huge milestone for me in my recovery!

That said, if an exercise move is in a workout, I do it whether I like it or not. I figure it's there for a reason. I can't expect to get the results I want if I'm skipping any of it. I wouldn't be cheating anybody but myself.

This is a good point. Now you're making me feel bad for skipping those dang burpees/mountain climbers!:eek:

I have mixed feelings about calf work as well. I usually won't skip it completely but in endurance work outs where the reps are endless I am usually forced to stop early because the pain/cramping is just too much! :eek:

Wow, lots of votes here for what have become 2 of my favorite exercises...mountain climbers and burpees!!! :D

Mountain Climbers and Burpees are certainly not my favorite, but I will not skip them. I am on my 4th week of the LIS 1 month Rotation (from November I believe) and all those mountain climbers, burpees, plank drags, spidermans (in After Burn), have really helped me enhance my upper body strength to do more pushups and I feel my core is the most toned it has been.

I can usually keep up with most of Cathe's workouts (with some extra short breaks) and usually match her weights (but with many grimaces) but no matter what I cannot match her rep for rep on her pushups. Even LIS Trisets Upper Body, I just can't do all those spiderman pushups or the ones when she lifts her leg. That is where her supewoman abilities shine the brightest! I bought STS, haven't completed my 1 rep maxes yet, and I am afraid to start after all I have read about the pushups in Meso 1. SCARED!!!!:eek:

[/b]

This is a good point. Now you're making me feel bad for skipping those dang burpees/mountain climbers!:eek:

Aww... don't feel bad. I am just obsessive about it anyway!

However, maybe use the thought as motivation to do them when you don't want to... just think of the great benefits of doing them!

If you are talking about any workout, I skip air jacks. My body just stops and says...are you serious? Plus I am on the second floor (is that a good enough excuse?).

Push ups (right now - once I'm back in shape, I should be good) and anything airborne. Oh, and intense cardio - I can't do it - it kills me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.