The problem with America...

This post just makes me uncomfortable. There are plenty of people who are mentally challenged for one reason or another or just aren't blessed with intelligence. Is it ok just to hope that they somehow hurt or kill themselves? I don't know about you all but I thank God everyday for giving me intelligence and pray for the wisdom to use it well.

Then your prayers were left unanswered!!

I think you misread Robin's thread and her intentions and your post makes me feel uncomfortable. Someone who is mentally challenged is NOT stupid!

I heard that in a commercial: "have a happy period" and thought WTH?! Who has a happy period?? That must have been written by a MAN!:mad:

of course b/c THEY want us to have a happy period!!!!

dh put his foot in his mouth last night. i was really tired but he wanted to bother me and i told him "hey you don't like it when we bother you when your grumpy and exhausted" his reply "i can never tell the difference" then went on to ask "was i not suppose to say that at that moment"

no you don't get to say it EVER!!!

kassia

“We can't all, and some just don't. That's all there is to it.” A.A. Milne

Robin, I love that one! I loved your original post. And then I loved TeTe's response of "thinning the herd" because it made me think of the Darwin Awards and those make me LOL.

And I too am surrounded by and love and may even BE a folk with some kind of mental handicap. And that's....ok. Stupid does not necessarily equal handicap and vice versa.

My DS - he of several mental handicaps, but not stupid by any stretch - recently told me he wished he could be cured of his autism. I was floored because he never talks about even having autism never mind wanting to be cured of it. He couldn't really explain why he wanted to be cured other than that he had a feeling, if he was cured, that somehow his older sister -she of several mental handicaps herself and, again, not stupid - would be less annoying.........:eek: I didn't have the heart to set him straight on that one.

Me? I'm stupid. I can't work the elevator at work. My break-time posse can attest to that. It's a two step process and I have gotten it wrong so many times that I actually have to talk myself through it. "Wave ID card in front of the ID card reader, THEN press the button". Waving the ID card in front of the button doesn't work. Ever. :eek:

I love those warning labels. I love all the flavors of stupid that have made those labels necessary. Humans are very creative.

You know I almost never come here anymore - for this very reason. Sorry, but I really think this place has become SO unkind and intolerant. For those of us who used to visit more frequently, we all know there is NO ONE more caring, compassionate, driven to help, and willing to stand for the down-trodden than Robin.

I'm truly sorry that the point of her (IMO) humorous quote was taken and twisted to this degree.

I so appreciate the fabulous crew of friends that have come from these boards. And fortunately I can take this friendship and stay connected in other, not-so-ugly environs.

Robin -- love ya' girl!

True! True! and true!

PS:I cannot wait to bust open another bottle of wine with Robin and do some projectile vomiting in the streets of NYC with that nasty TeTe!

Buffy, anal much? :rolleyes: Geez girl, chill out - it was meant to be funny, and frankly if anyone is allowed to post something like this, it's Robin. She has a bigger heart than all of us combined.

That aside, I may heed the warnings and not eat the silica gel packets from my shoe boxes, but I'll be DAMNED if I have a happy period. :p

Buffy, anal much? :rolleyes: Geez girl, chill out - it was meant to be funny, and frankly if anyone is allowed to post something like this, it's Robin. She has a bigger heart than all of us combined.

That aside, I may heed the warnings and not eat the silica gel packets from my shoe boxes, but I'll be DAMNED if I have a happy period. :p

You petty cyber bully you! :p

Sounds fabulous! Meet you at the bar! I better make sure to remove the sunshade from my windshield before I drive over there though - I probably wouldn't remember to do it if the warning wasn't RIGHT THERE... :eek:

You might consider joining the support group The Seeing Eye Sunshades Association. Talking with others who have felt the pain of heckling Catheites, razzing you as you drive blindly into a KFC dumpster with your golf cart can really ease the pain.

What the heck is going on here?! I think someone needs a sense-of-humor tuneup!

Hey Robin, this is for you (sure hope I don't offend anyone! :confused:)

Attachments

• hang in there kitten.jpg
    hang in there kitten.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 12
Amy - to me, that looks like you endorse the cruel exploitation of kittens. I think I am highly offended by that!

Carrie

Me too. That picture places white footed kitties in a disparaging light. I think it also encourages young kitties to hang in trees and bully birds not to mention to flat out exploitation of deciduous trees! Forum moderator? Where are you?!

Speaking of kitties...did you girls know that you CANNOT use flea collars on people? Says so right there on the box: NOT FOR USE ON HUMANS.

Needless to say, I'm rushing right home to remove DH's!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.