VOTE PLEASE! Favorite Cathe Step Move

What's your favorite Cathe step move? Vote here, or post if your fave isn't listed!

• Hip Hop Repeater

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • Pendulum Down the Board

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Power Box

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Slam-Its

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Drop Squat Pendulum

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Fast Feet Shuffle

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Long Hop Turns

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cross Country

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Mambo Cha-Cha

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Power Jigs

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hi everyone![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] As those of you who have attended prior RT's know, Cathe likes to try to incorporate some "crowd favorite" moves into the annual RT step class. We'd like to gather a list for her from this year's attendees, so please vote here for your ONE favorite Cathe step move. We will gather the results from this informal poll next weekend and report them to Cathe, and she'll plug your ideas into her always-creative choreography thinking cap. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] A few things to keep in mind as you vote:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Cathe's ALL about everyone having a great time in this class and being able to follow along with comfort and high energy. The most familiar moves, and the simpler moves, work best in this environment.
    [/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]We don't have much room to travel around our steps, since we're a huge crowd taking up every inch of available space.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] Just to get the ball rolling, we'll share with you the list of last year's top ten Cathe step moves. Feel free to vote for one of these, or chime in and post a new suggestion!

The 2008 Road Trippers' Favorite Cathe Step Moves:
[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hip Hop Repeater (by a wide margin, we might add) [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Pendulum Down the Board [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Power Box [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Slam-Its [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Drop Squat Pendulum [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Fast Feet Shuffle [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Long Hop Turns [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Cross Country [/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Mambo Cha-Cha
    [/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Power Jigs
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]One last note: If you're attending a Cathe RT for the first time, please don't stress over keeping up or following along in this class (or any other class, for that matter). No matter where you are in the room, you'll be able to follow someone just ahead of you, Cathe's verbal cuing is terrific, and in every class you'll find that the moves are really going to be ones that you recognize by name.

Thanks everybody! :D[/FONT]

So HARD to pick a favorite...seriously!!!

I LOVE:

Plunge Lunge ... feels good... who said that???
Tap Hop Repeater
Flying Angel
Cross Country

xx, Denise :)

Soooo hard to pick just one...

I love though,

Knees around the world hold a the bottom then jump/cross over in LIC.:D

Guess mine:

"Boom Boom Boom!"

Funny you say that, Min...at last year's RT someone started yelling "Boom Boom Boom" every time we did a pump repeater, and of course it caught on. It was pretty funny.

Edit: Oh, and Cyndi, I would have bet money on your saying "Sumos"!!!

...reverse over is a close second...

But the new repeaters are fun too. Too many to choose. I was never a big slam fan, though, but they are growing on me....

The slam-it's at last year's RT were so much fun. That many people jumping back and forth was pretty cool!

Sumos and Slam-its ;-)

Funny you say that, Min...at last year's RT someone started yelling "Boom Boom Boom" every time we did a pump repeater, and of course it caught on. It was pretty funny.

Edit: Oh, and Cyndi, I would have bet money on your saying "Sumos"!!!

No, REALLY!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

picture.php

My favorite move is from Step Jump and Pump- it is from the last step combo-"pump back and around and sweep the foot" I actually love the whole combo. I think there is a power jig in there too.

Just incase you are looking for any other moves to add in.:p

chrissy

Fave Step Move

Though I love all of them, for some reason the Lateral A-step ( In Low Max 2 ) is always fun. I also love the reverse Mambo moves. I swear the fun moves take your mind off the fact that you're doing some of the hardest work outs ever. Thanks Cathe ! Lovin' every bit of it !:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.