Real Housewives--who else cried?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I cried like a baby, & I'm not much of a crier. I guess b/c these are not fictional characters & I kinda feel like I've gotten to know these people. Poor Jeff. He seemed like a nice fella. Poor Gretchen. Poor Jeff's children. :(

I don't care what anyone says about Gretchen--their relationship might have begun as one of convenience, but I think even if she didn't actually love him she genuinely cared about him. Jeana's comments at the end of the show really moved me.

Tamra & Vicki are just evil. Really incredibly awful women. Here's Vicki saying how selfish & shallow Gretchen is over a Harley the very same day she bought herself a Rolex. :rolleyes: And Tamra made some comment about how she was a very honest person compared to Gretchen, which made me want to smack her! This from a woman who schemed & connived to get Gretchen drunk & sleep w/her son? OMG!

I hope those two watch the shows & realize how disgusting their behavior was. Maybe it'll give them cause to take good hard looks at themselves & maybe try to do a few things for others instead of thinking the universe revolves around them. :mad:

Next week's recap should be interesting. I hope Gretchen, Jeana & Lynn rip those two to pieces.

Laura,

I totally agree 100%!!! Those Vicki and Tamar are self-center "Bitches". They are so quick to talk about other people :mad::mad::mad:....if they could only see what the rest of us see....UNBELIEVABLE!!! Notice their husbands are not better. I hated the way all four of them acted at the horse races. Who do they think they are???? :mad:

I hope Gretchen tears them to pieces!!!

Therese

I was sad. Jeff seemed like a truly nice man.
I just don't know about Gretchen, she says one thing and then seems to do another. The trip to Vegas and Texas...there is no way in hell I would leave my husband in the hospital, and go off...I wouldn't not leave with any of my loved ones in the hospital. We lost a friend to possible meningitis this past week and she was perfectly healthy one minute...and gone the next, if her family had been out in Vegas, would they have been able to get over that?
But anyway, I have not been quiet that I don't care for Gretchen. There is just something about her.
But the way Vicki was about her daughter made me want to slap her. There her daughter was telling her she wanted better things than the OC could give her and what did Vicki do? Act like she had done nothing wrong and blame it on the ex-boyfriend.
Vicki and Tamra...well that is how they are, and I am used to it after all of these seasons.
But Gretchen climbing up on that Harley with the dress on....little trashy.
I don't think Jeana will say anything at the reunion...she doesn't have a backbone, and I don't think Lynne is coherent enough to put together a sentence. Have you seen the way their children talk to them? Oh my Lord, if my six year old or either of my two daughters EVER spoke to me in that manner, they would be in so much trouble. You do not talk to you elders like that in the South (well I hope anywhere for that manner)!
I am ready to see the reunion!
Did anyone see the interview Vicki gave with MSNBC about something Gretchen had done, she said she wouldn't be the one to discuss it...maybe Tamra would but she wouldn't.
She also said she just didn't understand why the producers had gone outside of their "circle" to get Gretchen and Lynne...I can understand that, I have my certain group of friends and it is hard just to all of a sudden have a complete stranger thrown in the mix.
Sorry this is so long, but I haven't discussed this in a while.

I dunno, I mean Jeff was in & out of the hospital for months & months. I don't begrudge Gretchen some time away. I don't think she would've left him alone--his children were w/him. And his children clearly liked her & appreciated her. I can't imagine they'd feel that way if she was bad for their father.

I will never be able to get used to the behavior of Vicki & Tamra. They disgust me. I can only imagine what Vicki said on CNBC--probably Gretchen got a facial or something & that might just cause a new world war. Vicki would say anything to make Gretchen look bad. Can you say JEALOUSY?

I didn't think she acted trashy at all. Certainly not nearly as trashy as those watermelon breast implants, the peroxide & two inches of makeup on Tamra or the way Vicki behaved in Vegas when she was away from her husband. The way she treats that man! OMG! That woman is so hideous she should be on her knees thanking god he'd even give her a second look, much less stay married to her. :rolleyes:

Trust me, I am not defending them at all!
I don't understand any of them, nor do I want to.
I think they all have attention issues, hence the reason they are on the show.
I wonder who will be back next season, if Lauri is back, then will Gretchen or Lynne?
They are a different breed than the women in Alabama!!!
They do make for good entertainment.

I think it is funny how people choose who they like and don't. All of the hubby's around here like Gretchen's body, imagine that, but once she opens her mouth, they don't.
They don't think any of the other women are "hot". Makes me laugh!

Gretchen has a slammin' bod....I think Tamra and Vicki are dreadful beasts and Lynn takes too much Xanax.:p

OMG! I am soooooooooo hooked on all of these shows. There are shallow people all over. We got 'em on the west coast and the NY housewives on the east coast and everywhere in between. I am very happy that I don't have to live to keep up with or constantly find fault with the Jones'. Of course I'm sure I could deal with having their money while staying grounded, altruistic, simple and selfless. :) :) :)

I think Tamra and Vicki need deep, DEEP psychological counseling. I can't believe Vicki's response to Gretchen giving them those gifts. She couldn't understand why she would give gifts. "Nobody does that. We didn't talk about giving gifts.".....or something like that. How can someone get so distraught over the kindness of someone else? Dr. Freud, we've got another one for you!

I wish I had seen the interview on MSNBC. Do you recall when it was? I never see them interviewed on t.v.

I am already loving the new season of NY Housewives. Catty, catty, catty! Did you hear the Countess (I can't recall her name) saying to Jill that there's nothing worse than someone thinking they're better than you? Uh HELLO! Remember how she wanted to be addressed by the driver when she and Bethenny were getting into the limo? She most certainly thinks she's better than a lot of people! These shows really are entertaining. I appreciate my lifestyle so much more when I watch them so I should thank them for being conniving, shallow, insecure, and petty images of human beings! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! :)

Bam

Love the show....

I guess I watch purely for entertainment purposes. I mean none of my friends are like that in real life!!!! They obviously have WAY too much money and time on their hands. Maybe they should volunteer at some place where they could help people but then no one would watch the show and it wouldn't have great ratings would it? I think Vicki and Tamra make the show way more interesting and without them it would be pretty boring...

I'm sure you're right Ripley. Well, maybe half right, b/c I'm pretty much hypnotized by all the bling alone, forget the cattiness. :p

BAM, I just checked out their blogs on Bravo's website. Interestingly enough, Tamra 'fesses up to her behavior & says she's gonna try to be a better person. Vicki, on the other hand, is still up to no good. Her blog says something about how she's "learned the truth about Gretchen & Jeff's relationship" & how it's suspicious that another man moved in w/Gretchen so soon after Jeff's death. She just can't let it go, she really does need some help. She's the biggest attention wh*re I've ever seen & she goes bat$hit it when someone gets more than her.

The blog comments are great though. They pretty much tore them both apart. :D

Thanks Laura! I've never checked out their blogs but I will now. In the previews for the reunion, Tamra really lashes out at Gretchen. I hope the host (who I don't think is aggressive enough with the ladies) pursues any issues that comes out or asks the "right" questions so we can have an idea of what really was going on. I would LOVE to be the host of that show. No one would be safe!!!! :)

Bam

OMG. Jeff died??? Did that show air last night? Oh man, I have to see that now.

I saw a preview of all the women gathered together for a discussion and am shocked by the way Tamra (b*tch) seems to be coming after Gretchen in that get together. It had to have been filmed after Jeff died.

OMG. Jeff died??? Did that show air last night? Oh man, I have to see that now.

I saw a preview of all the women gathered together for a discussion and am shocked by the way Tamra (b*tch) seems to be coming after Gretchen in that get together. It had to have been filmed after Jeff died.

Yea - they tell you at the end that Jeff died a week after they stopped filming which was August I guess. Very sad...

I don't remember Tamra being this catty last season. Was she? Maybe she was on her best behavior since she was the "new girl". I just don't know about Vicki.

I appreciate my lifestyle so much more when I watch them so I should thank them for being conniving, shallow, insecure, and petty images of human beings! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!! :)

ME TOO!!

I don't remember Tamra being this catty last season. Was she? Maybe she was on her best behavior since she was the "new girl". I just don't know about Vicki.

ME TOO!!

LOL! Do you think it's possible to be nuveau riche & still be a good person?

I'm willing to give it the old college try. ;)

I'm willing to give it the old college try. ;)

LOL! Like you, I am willing to give it a try. So if the Prize Patrol stops by my house, I'm not slaming the door in their face but will graciously accept the prize. :p Yes, I do think it is possible to be wealthy and a decent person.... just not sure we'll see much of that (good deeds) on the Real Housewives.

;)

Absolutely, DH and I know a couple in our neighborhood. They are loaded, extensive property holdings, I'm talking Lauri kind of wealth. (I think Lauri the one who recently got married and was not on this season is the one who really married $$) Well this couple is so down to earth, nothing arrogant, while their home is just beautiful it is not a huge mansion type with more bedrooms & bathrooms than you really need. The wife has never had cosmetic surgery or even botox. She has never ever spoken about money, what something costs or anything of the sort. They are the nicest people I have met in many years. We have known them for a couple of years and it is only recently that we got a true glimpse of their financial situation and we were surprised. Other people we have met with money are really uppity and really go out of their way to let you know what they do have.

The women on OC really give southern california women a bad name. We are not all blonde, tanned, botoxed or blinged out. I certainly don't have the level of money they seem to have but if I did I would not carry on the way the do.

Tamra is an absolute... well its just to vulgar to say but there is only one four letter word for her and its not the "f" word either! For her to call someone a homo simply because of what they are wearing speaks volumes about her and her insecurities. Like someone else here said, Vicki has an absolute meltdown if she is not the center of attention, and there are women that would loooove to find a nice guy like her hubby seems to be. She slams Gretchen for her motorcycle but brags about a silly watch. Lynn, well I don't know what to make of her, she seems too mellow for that group but those boobs are incredulous. I would not be buying my teen a BMW (even if I had the money) who doesn't even have a license. I am not sure if the one who got the car is the same sister who admitted to doing drugs and stealing from her parents but the daughters seem to be on the same path as the mom. The three of them seem to have that same vapid look on their faces all the time.

I am itching to see that reunion show, it is this weekend sometime correct? I want to find out the time in the event its on while I am out so I can record it.
Booboo

Booboo, the reunion show is Tuesday at 9pm east coast time just before the NY Housewives. I can't wait. I'm going to be out but my VCR will surely be set! I hope it's as juicy as the previews show. I saw a little clip on the Bravo website and Tamra just doesn't seem to get it. They also show Vicki smirking when Tamra is attacking Gretchen. The two of them are peas in a pod. Blech!!!!!!!! :)

Bam

Okay, this is totally changing from OC to NY, but what does everyone think of Simon Van Kempen? I LOVE his Speedos on his frail white body!!!!!

I am ready for the OC Reunion, but think it is going to be more of the same!! Tamra and Vicki do not like Gretchen. Do they act like high school girls, yes. Vicki did not used to be so well anal, Tamra just came on last season, but she hasn't changed, she isn't going to either. Her son more than freaks me out, that relationship is odd to say the least. But it all sells the show, if they all got along, then why would we watch?! I think it is CRAZY that they get paid for this, ha! But then again I wouldn't put myself out there like that...or my kids, and definitely not my hubby.

I have been catchin' bits and pieces of OC, saw the part of the reunion of NY on Today show. Countess is writing a book on manners. Perhaps OC needs to read them. I never did find out about ATL. Suthern women just don't act that way......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.