Zumba? Anybody tried it?

MRSchultz

Cathlete
I saw an infomercial on Zumba? Anybody tried it? How do you like it? I was looking for some vids that I can get to compliment Cathe's and add a little variety.

Thanks, Marcia :)

I have the advanced Zumba video (IMO, it's not worth it to get the whole set). It's a fun workout, and you'll work up a sweat without realzing that you're working out! If you don't mind a bit of cheese with your workouts (the bright colored outfits the women are wearing, Beto's mugging for the camera, and the fact that almost every song has "Beto" or "Zumba" or both in the lyrics)or you find cheesy a bit fun (I do!), it's a nice break from more intense workouts. I'd rate the "advanced" tape as intermediate, but you get out of it what you put into it.

If you do a search at videofitness.com under the general forum, there were quite a few reviews on Zumba.

It looks like a lot of fun, but I haven't tried it myself.

Colleen

Well, I just tried it last week. I must say that if you want to do something different, and dancy it's just what you are looking for. I actually felt a little like Jlo in the beginning, it was kind of fun! I really had to get over the goofy thing though. There are a couple of moves that they do that I alomst just skipped do to the goofy factor. One has you "riding a horse" while you "slap the horse", well, you are actually slapping your own behind. It's not until the end, but it was definately not my favorite move.
I will say this though, it's fun, it's not as intense as Cathe. But I will do it again for something totally different from my norm.
I hope that this helps!

Kathy

>Does that mean that Beto is calling us horses?:D

Or maybe that move works to reduce...saddle bags;-)

Ha, ha! I have no idea what they are trying to really do there other than have fun I guess. It's just a little bit of a wierd move that is very hard to not just start to laugh. The girl instructor says it's fun, but it looks funny to me! I'm sure others thought the same thing. Hopefully, if they put out any more videos, they won't include that move again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.