Yummy protein shake!

queenmaynie

Cathlete
After seeing something posted here a couple of weeks ago, I went out and bought the BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder. I got the Cinnamin Bun and the Banana Cream. I have put them in my oatmeal the last couple of weeks and that was yummy enough! Yesterday after my w/o I made a shake that was seriously the best protein shake I have ever tasted. It came out thick and delicious and I felt guilty drinking it because it tasted so good! So, I though I would share it with you guys:

4 oz. water
3/4 cup crushed ice
1 container vanilla Dannon "Lite N Fit" yogurt
2 scoops Cinnamin Bun BSN Lean Dessert powder.

Blend until thick and creamy...

This came out very thick, but you could always adjust your water to how you like it.

Enjoy!

Ooooh, nice! I don't have that protein powder, though. Can I get it at GNC or do I have to order it online?

Sounds so good, I'm gonna have to go buy it today!

Allison

Yup, I got it at GNC. There are two kinds of BSN powders, so make sure you get the "Lean Dessert". I have only been drinking Designer Whey for years, so this was such a nice change and again, DELICIOUS!! Let me know how you like it!

ETA: I just checked the container...it's actually called "Fresh Cinnamnin Roll" not Cinnamin Bun. Sorry!!

I also took the recommendations I saw here and elsewhere and bought whipped vanilla and the banana cream Lean Dessert Protein. I will NEVER use another protein, they are sooooo good! I ordered online...my GNC doesn't carry it (plus, everything there is expensive) and no other stores in my town carry it. I bought mine from vitacost.com.

Thanks for sharing everyone! I've just been buying a regular old chocolate mix from Costco, but those other flavors sound so delicious! Is vitacost.com a lot cheaper than GNC?

Thanks!
Leanne

I just checked out vitacost... wow! I paid 19.99 for the BSN at GNC and they have it for 14.00 Not too shabby! I'll be ordering from there from now on. Oh, BTW, I'm drinking my shake right now... seriously this thing is like having a milkshake! YUM YUM!

>I just checked out vitacost... wow! I paid 19.99 for the BSN
>at GNC and they have it for 14.00 Not too shabby! I'll be
>ordering from there from now on. Oh, BTW, I'm drinking my
>shake right now... seriously this thing is like having a
>milkshake! YUM YUM!

Wow! I just ordered the Cinnamon Roll and the Banana. I can't wait until they get here since I'm getting awfully sick of chocolate!

Thanks so much for passing on this info everyone!

Leanne

I have a question about protein shakes:

When do you usually have them? I never have one for breakfast since I don't really have the time in the morning. (plus I always eat a WW english muffin w/peanut butter and coffee once I get to work) I don't want to have one as a snack for fear of the calories adding up (plus I'm at work and can't very well make one here!) I also eat dinner pretty shortly after working out at night so don't really have the need to have a shake after I workout. I love, love, love them but can't seem to squeeze them into my day. Any advice?

Allison

Allison: I usually have a protein shake after a w/o, especially a heavy weight w/o. Every once in a while I will have one in between meals, but then again I am more of a "mini meal" eater, so I usually have 5-6 small meals per day. As for the calories, well, 1 scoop has 130 calories, plus the yogurt ( Again, I use the Dannon Lite N Fit) has only 60 calories so it's 320 calories for the shake. For a meal that's not bad. So, if you ever wanted to replace breakfast or dinner you could. One scoop has 20 grams of protein so certainly it is a great amount of protein after a weight w/o. You could always just have them on the weekends when you are home after a w/o for an extra protein boost...

Divagirl: I am pretty used to Sucralose, and some things you can taste it in more than others. I have to say that this stuff tastes pretty darn good! I don't notice any after taste, and the yogurt also has sucralose and also tastes pretty good. Even my DH, who never, ever likes artificial sweeteners of any kind will eat the Dannon Lite N Fit yogurts and also loves the BSN. and pretty much those are the only things he has ever and will ever eat with it. So, I guess you could try it and see how you like it. I have a feeling you might!

Thanks to the suggestions here a while ago, I ordered the BSN Lean Dessert Cinnamon roll & Whipped vanilla- both AWESOME!! I have been adding about half a scoop to my morning oatmeal & the cinn. roll is just incredible!! I'm sure the smoothie is yummy!

> Allison: I usually have a protein shake after a w/o,
>especially a heavy weight w/o. Every once in a while I will
>have one in between meals, but then again I am more of a "mini
>meal" eater, so I usually have 5-6 small meals per day. As for
>the calories, well, 1 scoop has 130 calories, plus the yogurt
>( Again, I use the Dannon Lite N Fit) has only 60 calories so
>it's 320 calories for the shake. For a meal that's not bad.
>So, if you ever wanted to replace breakfast or dinner you
>could. One scoop has 20 grams of protein so certainly it is a
>great amount of protein after a weight w/o. You could always
>just have them on the weekends when you are home after a w/o
>for an extra protein boost...

Like Vicki, I also try to have a protein shake right after a weight workout and before I jump into the shower. (If I'm doing an intense circuit workout, then I may have one then, too.) If that ends up being close to a meal time, then I also just try to have a smaller meal than I would normally have.

Like you, I'm also worried about adding in extra calories, so anytime I have a shake, I just go lighter on my lunch or dinner.

I've also tried mixing a scoop of the powder into my oatmeal at breakfast.

Leanne

So when do you all add your protein to the oatmeal: while it's still cooking or when it's all set to go?

Leanne

I'd been adding my protein while cooking since I read somewhere that that was best, but it's been making a mess! I'm definitely going to try adding it afterwards -- and I can't wait to try the yummy new flavors I ordered!

I ended up ordering the Lean Dessert on Vitacost.com just a few hours ago -- and I already got an email saying it had been shipped! Now THAT's fast!

Thanks for all the help!
Leanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.