Your worst EVER eating day.....

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Disclaimer: For all the "clean eating" enthusiasts, I promise this is not a glorification of poor eating, nor am I EVER tempted to eat this way again. This is merely for the purpose of sharing "how far we've come" for those of us "newer" to healthy eating! :)

Seeing a post from Kaz (who is pregnant with her 1st baby! :)) made me think of my worst ever eating day, which just happened to be the day I was in labor with my 1st child.
Having that frame of mind, "This is the last day I can eat like I want without anyone jumping down my back," when my labor started at 12noon on the 2nd of Dec., I immediately went into action eating from every fast food restaurant there was in the Silver Spring, Maryland/North West, Washington, D.C. area! I ate from McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Roy Roger's, Hardee's, some Chinese buffet, KFC and a sub shop called Louie's.
I ate literally every hour or so until 3am when I went in to have my daughter!
THIS was my "worst ever" eating day! It's a wonder I didn't have some carb/high fat heart attack that day, cause you know I got fries everywhere I went with the exception of the Chinese food and Taco Bell! Thinking about it now, I must have eaten a side of beef that day too!

Okay~don't let me go down this road alone! I know someone has had at least 1 really, really, really bad eating day as well!?

p.s. This was 22 years ago and I haven't done it since! :) At least not to this particular degree!

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Let me count the days . . . in fact, I think I'd have to describe my worst eating YEAR!

But seriously, back in the months before I quit drinking (07/87), my standard breakfast would be a Burger King "crois-sandwich", my standard lunch would be a Burger King "salad bar" (3 leaves of lettuce, a couple of cuke slices then chopped hardboiled egg, shredded cheese, a 1-inch layer of croutons, bacon bits and about 3 full ladles of bleu-cheese dressing), my standard ALTERNATE lunch would be a Burger King bacon double-cheeseburger (with mayo, mustard, ketchup and pickles), a large order of fries, a small order of fries and a Diet Pepsi. My standard dinner would be about 1/2 gallon of cheapo wine (or other booze) and heaven-knows-what from the fridge / cupboards.

O Remembrance Of Things Past!

Annette Q. Aquajock
D*mned Glad To Be Here And Now

Please, Donna...I had a 'worst eating' life(!!!), back when i was a kid! Sometimes I can't believe that I haven't had any trouble...knock on wood. Thank God. I ate evrything when I was a kid. When I was 10-11-12 yrs old, I'd make a big breakfast for myself on Saturday mornings. Maybe a half package of bacon, and then I'd fry a couple of eggs in the bacon fat. Toast with butter, and I'm sure I had some frozen hashbrowns to round out the meal. Gotta have a vegetable after all. Friday night was Fried Seafood Platter night, from the local restaurant. And Prime Rib night was I think Wed. and Sunday.
Uck. I could go on and on. Thank God I take care of myself now. I was eating myself to death.

(...I love me!! *self hug*)
Kathy

Warning, I am using this thread as a catharsis. If any of you are weak in the stomach or judgmental in the mind, please read no further. Spring, 2000: When I got out of the hospital and began the re-feeding process, I couldn't stop eating - especially those foods that I had restricted myself from. One night after therapy (oh the irony) I stopped by a convenience store to grab some Little Debbies, cookies, chips, crackers, soda, etc. - all to eat on the ride home. I used to eat until my jaw was sore and my throat hurt from swallowing Doritos half chewed. I noticed that they had recently emptied the entire bakery case into a trash bin that was sitting in the middle of the aisle. I began to shovel donuts and pastries into my mouth. I was eating out of the garbage in a crowded, well-lit store. This might seem funny now, but looking back, I am mortified at my behavior. There was one 4th of July where I was supposed to bring a cake to a picnic. I ate the entire thing on the way there and had to stop to buy another one. I then ate 2 pieces of the new one once I got to the picnic, as well as 2 hot dogs, tons of chips, every kind of mayo salad, jello, brownies, etc. Ugh. Then there are the days where I would buy a box of donuts for a meeting at work, eat the entire dozen on the way there, and tell my co-workers I forgot to stop at the bakery. I hope this doesn't make people ashamed of me or sick. Thanks for starting this thread Donna. It's nice (and scary!) to see how far I've come.

Jillybean:

no-one's gonna be ashamed of you around here. It's a scary descriptive piece, I'm hanging onto my seat as I read it and I'm thinking, I know exactly how she felt while she was gorging that lot down faster than she could taste it. :-(

Yep, been there, done that. Human psychology is a complete unknowable....

Let's neither of us go back there again, OK?

Clare

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-02 AT 07:04PM (Est)[/font][p]mistake! didn't mean to post this!!!

Two days ago, I had a Karl's Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger (I hate bacon but love the bacon in this burger.) with fried Zucchini, and for dinner I had Kentucky Fried Chicken.

About two months ago, the only thing I ate ALL DAY was Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee. I ate about 10 that day. (My stomach is turning just thinking about it.)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

I remember one day seven years ago, I ate a large meat lovers pizza, steak and cheese sub, bag of Doritos, box of donuts, three king size Snicker bars, a tub of icecream, a bag of marshmallows abnd drank 3 2liters of coke!!!! My boyfriend dumped me and I was depressed. I'm surprised it didn't kill me.

WOW! Looks like we've all come a long way!

When you look back on how "it was" isn't it amazing that more damage wasn't done? Well, in my case, hitting 375lbs WAS pretty damaging! But it was a wonder I didn't give myself a heart attack with my high fat daily diet. That was just 1 really bad day, but most days were fast food days or fried food days at home.
I'm glad we "figured it out" and have each other now for support to keep us from returning to "those days!"

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Jilly...........

I'm as proud of you as I am of Donna (gettingfit@38)!! You have come a very long way as well. I think it's encouraging to read some of the things you've been through. I praise you for your courage to tell others what you went through. :)

Hollie

OK - here is my all-time worst day... My husband and I spent a year riding our bicycles around the Indian subcontinent. So - most of the time our meals were REALLY pathetic!!! Like eating at horrible truck stops on the side of the road, or frequently only bananas and Coke - whatever we could find out in the boonies of India. Well, after about 6 months of biking around, we flew to Thailand for a "vacation". Our first day in Bangkok was amazing - we had had NO junk food at all for 6 months, and were pretty weak from lack of food in general. And here we are - walking along in Bangkok with all the fast food restaurants - just like in America!! So - first we found a Pizza Hut and ordered a large one to split between two of us. Then we found KFC and each ordered a large meal. Then on and on we went - stopping at EVERY restaurant we saw!! After about 5 or 6 full meals, we were STUFFED!!! And then we saw an ice cream store. We walked in and ordered the "ZOO" - 23 scoops of ice cream!!! Between the two of us, we managed to down the whole thing!! After that we literally couldn't even walk - we had to sit there in the restaurant for a few hours before we could make our way back to our hotel to collapse in bed!!

Hi Everybody! This is my first ever post, but I've visited this site a bunch of times. I was really moved by jillybean's story. So honest, and so touching. I just really admire everyone's courage

RE: Thank you everyone

I just want to confess something here. I was cringing before I pulled this thread up again, afraid of a new poster leaving a message like "Pig" or something to that affect. But here's bordercollies' first post ever and it is sweet and encouraging. Thank you bordercollie! And thanks to all of you who are so darn supportive. You forum friends might not know this, but your kindness and unconditional advice really do get me through some days!

In case anyone wants to feel better about themselves, have a look at what I bought at the grocery store today. In my defense I'm in the middle of finals and have a terrible cold so I feel like crap.

Diet Dr. Pepper - 12 pack
Peanut Clusters
Small Cheesecake
Bag of Oreos
Cereal
Frozen Pizza
Ice Cream Bars (skinny cow)
Frozen bagels

I was so embarrassed at the checkout counter.

College! About once a month, my roommate and I would go on a premediated binge-a-roo. We would go to the Kroger's and stock up on our favorites: Breyer's coffee ice cream, Rich's mozzerella sticks, soft-baked cookies (that's was when they first came out, circa '84), combos, Sara Lee cheesecake, and whatever else looked good. We'd go back to our apartment and eat until we could eat no more. I can remember both of us eating ice cream out of the container using soup spoons! One semester, I gained so much weight that I could no longer zip up my jeans and couldn't afford new ones. Consequently, I had to "borrow" a few pairs of my brother's during my next visit home. I was at my heaviest--150lbs (doesn't sound like a lot but I've a small boned, 5'5" frame). It was the first time in my life that I was overweight. Anyway, I soon pulled myself together and started taking aerobics classes. The weight came off, and as I got older, my eating habits got healthier and I started exercising. That said, every once in awhile you gotta indulge, but never again to the degree I did with my old college pal, Amy. :)

Donna, Jilly, all of you--

Well, I'm not ready to admit, in detail, what I've eaten on my worst ever binge day. I'm not secure enough yet, after only three years, that I won't sink that low again. But I hear ya. I've been there. And it's good to know I'm not alone.

Back in my twenties I did all that stuff too. All the stories are familiar to me, although I don't remember many of my own specifics anymore because of all the decades that have passed in between. :)

I'm just writing to comment on something I noticed about most of us: with the possible exception of Nancy who must have really enjoyed that pizza after starving in India for 6 months, we hardly enjoyed a bite!! To me, if there is anything sad about our stories, it is that! Not to be TOO philosophical, but the older I get the more I realize how short life is and the more I measure my life, not in moments of thinness or fitness or perfection, but in moments of enjoyment. If I am being too philosophical, please forgive me as I am on codeine for a toothache and that's my excuse. :)

By the way, you ladies are THE BEST!
-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.