Your thoughts & Progress with Insanity

FitGirl-ATX

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I've seen the posts and promotional video for Shaun T's insanity. I am on the fence about it. I think that it certainly looks intense, but I am concerned the having an entire series of such high impact moves could possibly be detrimental. I am very curious about the series, and I do think that I could actually stick to a 60 day challenge vs. a 90-day. I seem to have trouble at home following a single program for more than a month or two.

At any rate, I'm grateful to you all for posting your thoughts about Insanity thus far. I know that many of you are just receiving the product, but I was hoping that we could start an insanity thread that gets pinned, kind of like what we did for each STS DVD to post your thoughts?

I would love to give the series a whirl, but I can't justify the cost right now. I am thinking about checking for it on ebay down the line when Insanity goes by the way of the eager, non-commital purchaser's "no longer needed" list :) I did pre-order STS Shock Cardio, and I was thinking that it would be cool to complete Insanity and then go through a round of Shock Cardio by the end of the year (with some time off in between the two of course).

Seriously, thanks to all for your honest feedback thus far. The program looks like it has strong potential, but I'd like your input on the intensity level of the overall program.

Finally - a thanks to A-Jock for living up to her name as "the Enabler" - LOL. You're still at it, girl!

Have a great day!
FitGirl-ATX

Last edited:
I've only tried the sneak preview w/o. I think if I can't hang with the intensity/impact of the rotation as planned I will keep the w/o's for days I just want an intense cardio thrown in. Like once a week or something. You don't HAVE to follow the rotation. Before I purchased the basic set I thought about just keeping the preview for one tuff workout to get out sometimes... but then I really did enjoy it and wanted the rest.

Four days into my insanity rotation and I'm down 2 pounds.:cool:
OMG, Pure Cardio is without a doubt the hardest of all the workouts in the first month.
I'm sure max intervals is harder, but I'm not looking to do any of those workouts until next month. I will have to build up to those crazy workouts.:eek:

I've been using Cathe's 4DS for weight training. I'm lifting weights before my insanity workouts and I'm finding the amount of weight training is perfect. Not too much, but enough for me to maintain.
I did shoulders/calves/core before Pure Cardio and will admit I was pretty tired halfway through cardio so next week I plan to do PC all by itself. It's a crazy workout- and I'm loving it!!!:D

Thanks for your input, Jess & Cynthia. There are a couple of Insanity discussion threads already going on, so I'm going to kill this one. However, I'm excited about all of the feedback that has been provided thus far. I'm still going to have to wait to get it, but it's now moving farther up my "want to have soon" list :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.